What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Rhino & Blueberry Winter Indoor Grow

NCbuds

The blueberry is shooting up like crazy!! It's a couple inches short of 3 feet right now, 9 days into flowering. I had one of my Blueberrys herm on me! So now I only have 1 Blueberry and 3 White Rhinos.

G

Great healthy plants man! my biggest is still under 4 feet alltough topped so ours are pretty much the same height afterall.
Theire easygrowing theese rhinos, I like em alot!

NCbuds

Hey how did you top your rhinos holygong?? I need to top mine I think b/c my light is all the way to the top, as far as I can hang it, and the plants are 4 inches away!

Also, does red/purple stems on the fan leaves mean the plant has nute lockout?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
why not tie those ladies down which are too tall. gently bend the growing tip down and tie it like that, then you will get a whole row of smaller buds growing upward from the bent bit of the stem.

that tiny bit of color on the leaf stems is nothing to worry about. although you are correct it implies a small imbalance. maybe a tad more nutrients? although as i have said before some plants have a genetic tendency to color the stems. as long as the rest of the leaf is looking healthy it's no bigy.

G

yep tie em down, your already in flower so dont top them. you can also roll the top stems between your fingers to make them soft before you tie down. This will also make the stems thicker and slow upward growth some. Mine are still stretching some at almost 4 weeks, Started giving them pk today just hope they stop now. The tallest is now 110cm from the pot up, 150 with the pot so it looks big now lol!

NCbuds

sweet! thanks for the quick replys....I think I am going to tie my blueberry over...but will my plant still make a fat top cola even after I bend it down?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it will make nice colas, but not that big main fat one you normally get on top. but you would get even less were you to top them in flowering stage. by tieing them down the plants will bush out more and not get so high. making nice sized buds all over instead of the main central one.

G

Hey it looks good, when I tie down I usually tie the tops so far down that they become the bottom buds. After a few days the budsites along the main stem will stretch for the light and start becoming their own tops. The tied down main tops will soon start growing upwards and will in the end be the biggest buds anyway. I just kind of force the plant to make longer tops of the mid buds.

I must make note to myself never to write on sweet blue anymore, not sure all of this is understandable lol! just a litle tip thats all:)

NCbuds

Im training a White Rhino as well as the blueberry b/c its getting so tall!! Heres a look at them today in process of being trained...

both plants

the blueberry is curling upward again!

white rhino

2 untrained WR's in back

NCbuds

Hey can I clone my blueberry plant right now without much harm? Im 2 weeks into flowering today...I only have 1 BB and I can fit another small plant in the room.

Last edited:

NCbuds

Wow...so I just realized that the tops of my plants are waay warmer than the bottoms.
I had my thermometer on top of the soil in one of my plants and it has been reading 70 degrees F just now, and usually ranges from 60-78...
Then....I duct tapped it against the wall at the same height of the tops, put a cardboard shield up to shade it from direct light, and now it's reading 80 degrees F!
Thats 10 degrees difference from the bottom to the top of my plants!
The 400 hortilux is making the tops very hot, I think that my plants may actually have some heat stress or burning because the tips of the tops leafs look yellow and brown like the edges are burning...what do yall think? Here's some pics...

G

well it looks like some light bleeching of the tops, nothing to serious. I always try to push the lamp as far down as possible without bleeching or burns. If you move the lights an inch or two I´m sure it wount progress any further.
Looking very good man, those rhinos do stretch dont they? really surprised me lol!
What is spliff seeds? :bat:

Last edited:

NCbuds

If you move the lights an inch or two I´m sure it wount progress any further.
Well, I'm actually at the top of my closet, I can't move the light up anymore. You think I'll be alright for the rest of flowering?
What is spliff seeds?
It's just some seed co. based in the Netherlands...I bought these seeds in Amsterdam last Nov.
Thanks stikky...but I realized, I do have the room but not enough light! So, I decided not to clone, but thanks for answering my ?.

I just realized why one of my females hermied on me....I somehow must of changed the light schedule!!! Because now the lights are on during the day (10-10), but I was thinking and they used to be on during the night (10-10)....oops...
So I'm sure thats why one plant turned herm, but atleast I still got 4!....smoking and timers dont go together....

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey NCbuds

if you clone a plant 2 weeks into flower, you should only use the lowest branches. if you cut the tips off your plants at 2 weeks of 12/12, you are cutting into your yield. some stretchy sativas can have their hight reduced by topping them a few days after beginning 12/12. but not 2 weeks in, else the buds will have no place to grow on and the plant will just make a whole bunch of short buds. it's the stretch you get in the first 2 weeks of 12/12 that makes a nice a long top cola possible. taking some branches off the bottom will not hurt the yield though and they even root quite fast, just need to be brought back to veg fully before you flower them.

normally speaking the plants don't stretch much beyond week 2 of 12/12, instead the buds start filling in the space, while the top growing tip will have a few inches of flower mass added to it's hight by the end. unless you have some real sativa phenos, that is, but that is not the case by the looks of your plants. in fact i think i can safely say, you will be ok with the space you have left. the training you did, has done the trick.
keep it up :yes: :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts