What's new

Why are these plants looking like this?

stucrew

I am open to suggestions. Has anyone had this happen to their plants? Were you able to correct it?

Attachments

• cupped weird.jpg
    cupped weird.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 16
  • cupped weird in whole picture.jpg
    cupped weird in whole picture.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 21
  • one ok and one wierd.jpg
    one ok and one wierd.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 16
  • in big grow room.jpg
    in big grow room.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 16

Cannavore

Veteran
Strain? Feeding schedule? Environment?

The plant that is praying has an odd looking bud structure. Doesn't look like its filling in right.

stucrew

1st picture. See how the leaves are so straight up. This has been going on for most of the flower time of this room. I've flushed with ph water, with just dipping water from flooded table and pouring nute solution over top of medium, and taking nute solution from reservoir and pouring over the tops of pots. Nothing seems to make a change. I resigned my self that these plants were just messed up and I would just finish to harvest what I could. Picture 2 is the room (see how most of the plants show this symptom) However, picture 3 shows a plant that doesn't show the same symptom even though it has been there all the time and had the same conditions. Picture 4 is from my other flower room and showing a plant that is showing the same symptom. And this symptom has spread to a lesser degree to about half the plants in this flower room. I am going to harvest soon and am really just seeking insight as to what happened to these plants. Has anyone seen this happen to your plants? Were you able to correct it? The weird thing is that the leaves didn't go spotty or clorotic they just stood upright, are very dark green and feel dry and stiff.

Ive seen it in the past. Its because you didnt flush good enough. Were you using any sugary additives? Also a contributing factor if it gets too high. They will never fill out.

stucrew

Strain? Feeding schedule? Environment?

The plant that is praying has an odd looking bud structure. Doesn't look like its filling in right.

Yeah it never filled in well. I had just chalked this up to being root bound, fungus gnats or just being f#@*d up. But the plants in the other flower room had done so much better. But they got the same symptom about 3 weeks ago. And flushing, lowering the nute solution strength down, stopping the fan, etc. Nothing changes.

stucrew

Ive seen it in the past. Its because you didnt flush good enough. Were you using any sugary additives? Also a contributing factor if it gets too high. They will never fill out.

Thats the weird thing. I am in coco on a flood table. From what I've read coco isn't supposed to need flushing in this. And even though I tried flushing it didn't seem to make a difference. Also, When I did flush the runoff ppm level was never more than 50 ppm above what my flush water was going in.

stucrew

When you saw this type of symptom before, did you correct it by flushing? I used "Boost" by Canna for a couple weeks but the plants in the worst flower room were already like this before I did.

Snow Crash

Veteran
What is the temperature at the canopy?
What is the average humidity in the room? What is the lowest humidity?
What have you sprayed on the plants? How often? When was the last application?
How are you managing the pH of your recirculating E&F reservoir?
What "time" of day was this taken (early, mid, end?)

nukklehead

What is the temperature at the canopy?
What is the average humidity in the room? What is the lowest humidity?
What have you sprayed on the plants? How often? When was the last application?
How are you managing the pH of your recirculating E&F reservoir?
What "time" of day was this taken (early, mid, end?)

As Above. Im no pro but if everything else in check-- Heat/Humidity?

stucrew

Thanks every body. I harvested and have found that the roots were in poor shape. Very root bound. The pots were void of root mass in the middle. I found several of my most stunted plants had hollow stems. I will be making some changes for my next crop.

Attachments

• rootbound.jpg
    rootbound.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 15
  • transplanting too late doesn't help much.jpg
    transplanting too late doesn't help much.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 21
  • little root ball.jpg
    little root ball.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 14
  • hollow stem.jpg
    hollow stem.jpg