What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HIGH COUNTRY'S OUTDOOR PROJECT, 2011/2012 BEGINS

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
IT'S NEARLY SPRING, THE BUILD UP TO THE GROWING SEASON

IT'S NEARLY SPRING, THE BUILD UP TO THE GROWING SEASON

G'day, it's nearly that time of year again. Time to get serious...sort of. The plants have been ticking along under 2x36W fluoros. 24 to go out, the mums and a bunch of clones.

The plants seem happy enough under the fluoros.....and so does a bug

HELLO BUG....YOU'LL HAVE TO GET OFF COS I'M GOING TO TOP THOSE PLANTS

picture.php

THESE OUTDOOR GIRLS NEED ONE MORE TRIM

picture.php

AND SO DO THE MUMS

picture.php

So I'm going to top these plants again....move the bug....and let them bask under an HPS for a while. I could do more clones but can't be bothered so the offcuts go into the fire.

I have been checking out locations at altitudes of 3000' to 4000'. This will keep them at a max temp of about 25C during the summer months....just what these little mountain indicas like. None of that 40C+ temps for these girls.

Water is plentiful in the mountains, the snowpack is melting.

BUT THE SNOW COULD RETURN AT ANY TIME....MUST BE PATIENT

picture.php

In a creek system somewhere up there a garden will be started....when the time is right....not too early.

bushweed

Veteran
I have been checking out locations at altitudes of 3000' to 4000'. This will keep them at a max temp of about 25C during the summer months....just what these little mountain indicas like.

picture.php

In a creek system somewhere up there a garden will be started....when the time is right....not too early.

Great stuff :tiphat: nice mountainous country and those mums look fine...perhaps a bit of an NL look to the leaf structure.

Shizzlenator

hello mate,
i have to say im very envious of u. :)
Sooo beautiful landscape und so healthy plants.

Love to see more

greetings

High Country

Veteran
Great stuff :tiphat: nice mountainous country and those mums look fine...perhaps a bit of an NL look to the leaf structure.

G'day bushweed, the high country around here should suit these indicas. The only real threat to them will be bushfires, roos and deer. Hopefully none will strike. Water is not a problem, permanent springs everywhere fed by the snow melt.

Northern Lights you reckon? Who knows, all I know it is a very stable and reliable strain, smells like liquorice when flowering and a very solid indica stone.

She's a little beauty.

hello mate,

Love to see more

greetings

G'day Shizzlenator, it is a nice place to live, no city lights or noise, clean air, clean water and the mountains are in my backyard.

More to come.

Cheers.

High Country

Veteran
hello mate,

Love to see more

greetings

One more thing Shizzlenator, these mums were produced from home made feminized seed using the colloidal silver process...the clones are their progeny.

So if you want to make feminized seed, try colloidal silver....it actually works. Identical to the original plants.

High Country

Veteran
TIME FOR A BOOST AND CULL THE WEAK

TIME FOR A BOOST AND CULL THE WEAK

I want to put these plants into the ground in about 2 months. They have been ticking along under fluoros for a while and now they need a dose of 400W HPS to get them ready.

Only the best will be selected and some will die.

AFTER A WATER AND READY FOR MORE LIGHT

picture.php

THIS ONE DIDN'T MAKE IT

picture.php

THE MUMS NEED A HAIRCUT TOO

picture.php

A couple of other plants are not looking to healthy either, might have been a light issue cos it is pretty crowded in there. Might have to spread them out a bit.

These are going to end up quite large when put outside so might require a change in the logistics of transplanting.

Looking good mate, a nice stint under a HPS will do them good. Be great to see them in the ground to see how they will perform for ya, thats for true. Good luck with them sexy looking bitches you have there mate.

BUNDY.....:tiphat:

High Country

Veteran
G'day Bundy, the plants are now under an HPS and spread out to allow better light penetration. I expect them to take off pretty quickly.

Tomorrow sees us at 12 hours of daylight and increasing. All aussie outdoor growers should be preparing.

It's nearly time.

Very true mate, i am a dad again, popped 3 babies more for bush, have 6 that will go next sunday out into the wilderness, and a nice untidy looking plant which i will clone later on in the week for some water sport. Took a while but might be on top of things in 4 weeks i reckon. Been lazy but might take some pics later. Good shit mate.

BUNDY...

High Country

Veteran
Good to hear you have something on the go, but be careful, put them out next week and they will start flowering on you.

That's why I'm waiting for more daylight hours...patience.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
nice work as always HC and great advice on putting em out later :) I find half way threw or at the end of October is the best time in melbz.

The leaves on your girls are just amazing no matter how many times i see it i still get amazed.. looking forward to seeing some pics of your ladies out doors.

keep safe shroomy

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I want to put these plants into the ground in about 2 months. They have been ticking along under fluoros for a while and now they need a dose of 400W HPS to get them ready.

Only the best will be selected and some will die.

AFTER A WATER AND READY FOR MORE LIGHT

picture.php

THIS ONE DIDN'T MAKE IT

picture.php

THE MUMS NEED A HAIRCUT TOO

picture.php

A couple of other plants are not looking to healthy either, might have been a light issue cos it is pretty crowded in there. Might have to spread them out a bit.

These are going to end up quite large when put outside so might require a change in the logistics of transplanting.
hey highcountry ,
looks like the death there was caused by too much moisture ??
bit like the roots werent developed enough by the time they were heavily watered ,
what sort of medium are you using there ???

i see that a bit with rosemary cuttings that ive moved into soil too early ...

good luck with your longer season ,,
have you thought of any deterrants that might prevent the nibbling etc of your plants ??
hate to see a fella go to a bunch of trouble and then not reap the rewards ....

High Country

Veteran
hey highcountry ,
looks like the death there was caused by too much moisture ??
bit like the roots werent developed enough by the time they were heavily watered ,
what sort of medium are you using there ???

i see that a bit with rosemary cuttings that ive moved into soil too early ...

good luck with your longer season ,,
have you thought of any deterrants that might prevent the nibbling etc of your plants ??
hate to see a fella go to a bunch of trouble and then not reap the rewards ....

G'day Donald, that clone had been looking a bit sick from the start. Over watering is not an issue...all of these plants have wilted from under watering in the past.

These are in a high grade potting mix at the moment. As for the animals...mission in progress.

High Country

Veteran
LET'S GET READY GIRLS

LET'S GET READY GIRLS

To early to put out yet, the days are not long enough for this flower at the drop of a hat strain. They would still flower immediately if put out now. Besides...it's snowing today in the high country...I don't think these girls would like snow.

So I decided to crank up the good old 1000W HPS...it's working just fine after a long break.

THESE LITTLE FEMINISED INDICAS ARE ABOUT TO GET A BOOST...1000W OF IT

picture.php

A FAMILY PIC

picture.php

IF THAT'S NOT INDICA I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS

picture.php

The ramp up in watts should bring rapid growth...got to get these girls strong before leaving their parents.

Technique

Your mobile garden is looking so lush!! sorry if i have missed it but what are you feeding them?

I need to swap over to a hps! my fluros are way too slow compared to this! cant wait to see them out on the mountain!

High Country

Veteran
Your mobile garden is looking so lush!! sorry if i have missed it but what are you feeding them?

I need to swap over to a hps! my fluros are way too slow compared to this! cant wait to see them out on the mountain!

G'day Technique. I am now feeding with hydro veg nutes, before that it was just the slow release ferts in the potting mix.

Growth rates under a 1000W HPS are exceptional, the light is hitting them from top to bottom. These big lights put out a lot of heat though so one must be careful. I only use flouros for cloning. Use a big HPS and your plants will GROW.

Latest posts

Latest posts