What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using rockwool cubes to transplant in hydroton

ElSeñor

So I have been trying to get ahold of this subject here and haven't been able to find definite answer yet.

That is rockwool cubes and hydroton good together in dripfeed system, because rockwool has ability to hold a lot more water than hydroton. That might cause issues to roots/stem in rockwool that are soaked in more water and nutrients.

Is this issue that has caused people sudden wilt or root rot in dripfeed system?

Thanks community :dance013:

leijonanharja

That is rockwool cubes and hydroton good together in dripfeed system, because rockwool has ability to hold a lot more water than hydroton.

I think it depends on the size of the cubes. I mean how much can 2x2 x1.5" rockwool really absorb? Enough to harm the plants? Also you don't need feed the plant directly trough rockwool? Try to use drip rings if necessary.