Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organics for Beginners

Thread Title Search
Organics for Beginners Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2007, 08:20 AM #31

nomore,
You'd have to check the package to see what it removes. I have a Britta 3 stage and I can use it for plants but it takes so damn long to get enough.

J.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:31 PM #32
BurnOne
No damn given.

BurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant future
Bubbling chlorinated water in an open 5 gallon bucket is cheap. Those Pur filters are expensive, and not necessary.
Burn1
It's 4:20 somewhere. Time to Burn1.

Bullshit! There's no need to flush organics. -Bongaloid

pH meter? We don't need no stinking pH meter!

BurnOne is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:55 PM #33

^^^^
Can't argue with that!

Old 04-27-2007, 06:10 PM #34
theFLINTSTONERS
Banned

theFLINTSTONERS has a spectacular aura abouttheFLINTSTONERS has a spectacular aura abouttheFLINTSTONERS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnOne
I never made it to Mod over at OG. Just a lowly Mentor.
hiya Burn1 . . . we always thought you deserved to be at least a moderator . . . but in all honesty being a Mentor is probably the better gig!

Quote:
But I get my kicks out of helping people learn about organic farming.
Burn1 is a wonderful individuals who ALWAYS seems to be giving great advice . . . any organic newbie that Burn1 takes "under his wing" is fortunate indeed!

Quote:
I learned everything I know from Lavender Cowboy and Bongaloid. And oh yeah, some Birds along the way. Three of them. Ever heard of The Three Little Birds?
you are kind . . . TY
theFLINTSTONERS is offline Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 06:19 PM #35
theFLINTSTONERS
Banned

theFLINTSTONERS has a spectacular aura abouttheFLINTSTONERS has a spectacular aura abouttheFLINTSTONERS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby
A note on Jersey Greensand,

Although it does contain K it is not an ideal source for MJ because it takes so long to release, it is used in farming as more of a soil conditioner to loosen the consistenty of the growing medium among other things.

If your planning on recycling your soil then it is a worthy addition but short of recycling spend your money on kelp meal instead, it is a superior K source for MJ plus it has growth hormones and micros galore.

Sub's
more good advice from another outstanding individual!

greensand is an interesting amendment . . . it actually has a few properties that we like . . .

but it's also a somewhat rare and non-renewable resource . . . and as Suby has said . . . it's a very slow source of K . . . only worthwhile to use if it's in a "soil building" exercise . . .

btw - as we further refine our indoor soil remixing techniques . . . we are seeing them more and more as an actual exercise in soil building . . . it's now our perspective that the "ideal" for an indoor garden is a carefully built and maintained renewable soil built from manures, vegetable dusts (kelp - alfalfa - etc.), rock dusts, and peat (or other similar suitable substrate) . . .
theFLINTSTONERS is offline Quote

Old 04-28-2007, 12:10 AM #36
pontiac
Pass That S**t!

pontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the rough
This is amazing! Thanks Burnone!
400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG (04/09/06)(First Grow)(HARVESTED)
▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲► ▼◄▲►▼◄
ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA

OG refugee

OverGrow GROW FAQ
don't be pissed quit playin! hindsight is always 20/20..........change "if only" to "next time" and you're set homie! - USER NAME
pontiac is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2007, 03:39 AM #37
nomoreschwag
Organic Grower

nomoreschwag is on a distinguished road
Thanks Pyrex & Burn1. I remember learning my organics from you a couple years ago on OG...

I think my tap water tastes funky so I already use a PUR filter. If I remember ahead of time I try and bubble my water but sometime I've been gone for a couple days and my plants need water asap. I don't always have the time to bubble so the PUR makes for a quick fix. Assuming it takes the right stuff out...?
nomoreschwag is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2007, 06:29 AM #38
Bennythejet

Bennythejet will become famous soon enough
hello burnone,suby,pyrex and all other followers of this thread.
i have a few questions myself if would like to help.
I am doing an outdoor grow this year and want to use LC's mix #2.
what else and amounts of other organic store bought goodies for N-P-K could i throw in this soil mix also without worrying about hurting the soil or plants and give the plants a longterm "food".

If i make a homemade tea brewing system for an alternative method of buying ferts, what are things and/or total mixes i can put in the bubble system that will stimulate my soil and plants without hurting both these things. Or where can i find organic tea mixes that are equivelent or better than store bought liquid ferts that anyone has used with good-amazing results. Most importantly i do not want to add something that can and will hurt my plants.
Ive heard with organics the more u put in the better the end result. yes? sounds about right to me. but if i add too much organic goodies will they cause nute lockup, any growth deficiencies, or work together to hurt my plants and soil in any way
Any tips or advice is well appreciated by all of us

Last edited by Bennythejet; 04-29-2007 at 06:33 AM..
Bennythejet is offline Quote

Old 05-05-2007, 03:12 AM #39
BurnOne
No damn given.

BurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant future
Bennythejet-
Let me try to answer your questions one at a time because I don't completely understand what you are asking...

Quote:
I am doing an outdoor grow this year and want to use LC's mix #2.
what else and amounts of other organic store bought goodies for N-P-K could i throw in this soil mix also without worrying about hurting the soil or plants and give the plants a longterm "food".
If I were growing outdoors and wanted long term food, I'd use recipe #1. I'd mix them as directed and put them where I wanted to grow. Then I'd wait a while to see if any animals (like dogs) wanted to dig into the bone meal. If nothing happens after a couple of weeks, I'd plant my seedlings into the mix. Making sure the seedlings were at least a month old so they could handle the nitrogen in the dried blood. You could substitute alfalfa meal for the blood or mix half of each.

Quote:
If i make a homemade tea brewing system for an alternative method of buying ferts, what are things and/or total mixes i can put in the bubble system that will stimulate my soil and plants without hurting both these things. Or where can i find organic tea mixes that are equivelent or better than store bought liquid ferts that anyone has used with good-amazing results. Most importantly i do not want to add something that can and will hurt my plants.
This is the part I'm having trouble understanding.
See recipe #3, guano tea and kelp. But don't use both recipes. It'll be too strong. Pick one recipe and use as directed and it won't hurt your plants.

Quote:
Ive heard with organics the more u put in the better the end result. yes? sounds about right to me. but if i add too much organic goodies will they cause nute lockup, any growth deficiencies, or work together to hurt my plants and soil in any way
Any tips or advice is well appreciated by all of us
No. Too much organic ferts will harm your plants just like any other fertilizer can. Too much nitrogen in any form will always burn your plants. Like I said before, use as directed.

Burn1
It's 4:20 somewhere. Time to Burn1.

Bullshit! There's no need to flush organics. -Bongaloid

pH meter? We don't need no stinking pH meter!

BurnOne is offline Quote

Old 05-05-2007, 03:21 AM #40
vonforne

Great thread B1.

There is alot of great information in here. Our little part of the world would not be the same without you.

V

1 members found this post helpful.