What's new

Taskenti

Carraxe

Veteran
Some Taskentis. These are the last I put into flower, roughly two weeks ago. Already packing flowers.

This one is from the last seeds batch. Nice color and resin.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These are some Taskentis I keep in the flowering tent. They've been there for 4 weeks. I'm happy because the structure of the plants is very similar to the one of the cut. I keep cuts of all the females, so it will be a nice step forward.

And this one has been flowering for 7 weeks. Taskenti usually needs more time than the standard indica for example Northern Ligths, Black Domina, etc, but also produces more and stronger bud. I don't keep clone from this one, I've discarded it.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
After 5 and a half weeks, these are just some plants among all. Some are meatier, others are more sugary, but generally good looking.

I have cuts of all of them, this time all of them rooted.

Cheers

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Looking great as always Carraxe. Just curious, seeing you've been working on this line a for awhile, what are the long-term breeding goals you're striving for with Taskenti? Are you just looking to improve the line and preserve it?

Carraxe

Veteran
Looking great as always Carraxe. Just curious, seeing you've been working on this line a for awhile, what are the long-term breeding goals you're striving for with Taskenti? Are you just looking to improve the line and preserve it?

I want to have plenty of seeds showing the best characteristics I know a Taskenti can have.

Strong, productive, with no signs of endogamy. Resinous plants that produce buds rich in the aromas I seek. The very special rich and harsh smell, with a pine eucalyptus minty background I found in the very best individuals.

I also plan to select a new clone between these seeds, since the old is old enough to show some defects. Having a lot of seeds made from selected plants calms me down.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi

I can say I'm very satisfied with the evolution of this generation of Taskentis. After 7 and a half weeks I can say for sure that they are all of them very healthy and very resinous. They need more time than a Black Domina, but I'm pretty sure that they also produce more, and that wasn't that clear before.

Look at the size of the buds! I can see the tops of the plants are way bigger than those of the Black Domina. They will be ready in a couple of weeks and for sure the buds will fatten. And the conditions aren't the best, since I'm getting a lot of heat now (African heat wave) and I have a spider mites infestation that I treat with just potassic soap. I believe I'll practice a chemical genocide this summer, I've found a product that's got just a 3 days safety place and is pretty safe for everything, including bees. I've been carrying the fucking mites for years but now it is the time to put an end to it.

Kaiki, the guy who originally bred this strain out from Uzbeki seeds, said once that the best individuals, with stronger flavor and the most narcotic effect, are usually the ones that needed more time. I'd like to give them as much time as possible, but I don't think that any of them will need 10 weeks or more.

I really want to harvest and test all the individuals to see which ones are the best. As I said, I have cloned all of them, but even without selecting I can say that all of them are great. No runts, no freaks, all of them are covered with this special kind of sticky resin.

It would be nice that some of the guys who received seeds from me in the last months could comment and post their experiences to share.

Cheers

ctg

Veteran
They look lovely. I was in on the very first batch released by Charlie. Was a trade at the ssc in prob 01 or 02.i loved them

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hi, Carraxe
From your experience, is there a certain phenotype that has the most narcotic effect? Is it the shorter Broadleaf plants or some of the taller ones?
Also, what aromas do you associate with the most narcotic plants?
I'm wondering cause i need narcotic smokes as sleep medicine.
:::
Yea, about my Taskenti grow.
I have six females and four males. I'm about to clone them and repot the girls to be flowered soon-ish. I'll try to flower two of the males too, but let's see how it goes.

I got one girl that has fairly strong minty note in veg. It has also abit of that candy lemony thing but the mint/eucalyptus note is very noticeable. I don't get as much mint on the other plants but there's a little bit in some, that sweet candy lemony thing being quite common. Spicey notes on some, one abit hashy.

Fairly nice veg-resin glands on most of the plants and the plants are quite "hairy". It was very difficult to tell the sex from the early small pre-flowers cause many of the plants are so hairy even thou i have 10x and 30x magnifying loops i can use.

I could have flowering pics of them in few months.

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi, Carraxe
From your experience, is there a certain phenotype that has the most narcotic effect? Is it the shorter Broadleaf plants or some of the taller ones?
Also, what aromas do you associate with the most narcotic plants?
I'm wondering cause i need narcotic smokes as sleep medicine.
Yea, about my Taskenti grow.
I have six females and four males. I'm about to clone them and repot the girls to be flowered soon-ish. I'll try to flower two of the males too, but let's see how it goes.

I got one girl that has fairly strong minty note in veg. It has also abit of that candy lemony thing but the mint/eucalyptus note is very noticeable. I don't get as much mint on the other plants but there's a little bit in some, that sweet candy lemony thing being quite common. Spicey notes on some, one abit hashy.

Fairly nice veg-resin glands on most of the plants and the plants are quite "hairy". It was very difficult to tell the sex from the early small pre-flowers cause many of the plants are so hairy even thou i have 10x and 30x magnifying loops i can use.

I could have flowering pics of them in few months.

I don't sort these plants by phenotypes. In my experience, the best effect is the one of the tastier plants. All of them are narcotic, but the stronger tasting ones are the best. Seek for the ones with earthy scented resin, these will be the stronger plants. You have to wait to harvest and cure to test them before making any decision, you can't evaluate a plant for its stems smell in veg.

We'll love to see some pictures.

Good luck

GoatCheese

Veteran
I don't sort these plants by phenotypes. In my experience, the best effect is the one of the tastier plants. All of them are narcotic, but the stronger tasting ones are the best. Seek for the ones with earthy scented resin, these will be the stronger plants. You have to wait to harvest and cure to test them before making any decision, you can't evaluate a plant for its stems smell in veg.

We'll love to see some pictures.

Good luck
Thanks for the reply. Yea, i was asking for male-selection reasons about the aroma - effect relation.
I have three Taskenti males i'd like to use but it's quite a hassle in my small cab/tent op and i almost get a head ache just thinking about it, esp. cause i have two interesting Afghan Kush males that i'd like to bloom too.

I noticed cherry/berry/cloves red wine veg aromas on one male Tasks and i'd like to make some seeds with that one too. But let's see.

Some veg aromas on these plants remind me of my Black Domina keeper, so it is interesting to see how these Taskentis will turn out.
Later.:tiphat:

Carraxe

Veteran
Thanks for the reply. Yea, i was asking for male-selection reasons about the aroma - effect relation.
I have three Taskenti males i'd like to use but it's quite a hassle in my small cab/tent op and i almost get a head ache just thinking about it, esp. cause i have two interesting Afghan Kush males that i'd like to bloom too.

I noticed cherry/berry/cloves red wine veg aromas on one male Tasks and i'd like to make some seeds with that one too. But let's see.

Some veg aromas on these plants remind me of my Black Domina keeper, so it is interesting to see how these Taskentis will turn out.
Later.:tiphat:

I would select a female after smoking and after that, I'd pollinate her with the pollen from all the males.

I find the smell of the Black Domina very distinct, very sweet in vegetative. Indicas are usually rough in smell.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These are some buds from my seeds, after two months curing. I never get very good pictures from dry stash, but I thought I should try. They are quite hard and full of resin, and they present a very good bag appeal.

The smell is subtle like hash, spices, nuts and weed. Very pleasant. After grinding the spicy component increases. The flavor is quite strong, earthy and dense, and the weed smoked alone makes you cough. Very good for relaxing and sleeping. Production happened to be very good, I think than even more than Black Domina, and it is nice in such an underground strain.

These buds aren't very big, there is a clipper lighter in the background for comparison, but they look like the fire they are.

This is a zoom from the last picture.

Every piece you strip from the bunch shows a rounded bud totally covered with resin, like these ones I twisted for you to see their insides.

Cheers

Im'One

I have one Taskenti plant about a foot tall. I moved her and my two Island Sweet skunk to an open top enclosure yesterday. I put my Sensi skunk into a new time schedule for flowers. This should give me skunk bud in Sept and my iss and Taskenti in late October or November. I cut down two ACE lebanese babies and moved them out of flower room two weeks ago. Smoked some sugar leaf joint last night. This is my first grow in 40 years. Loving my homegrown.!!!

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
Maybe I missed it earlier, but was the cross done with the '98 Black Domina clone or with an S1 of it?

I made the cross with a S1 I selected (SAD from Sweet Seeds). But I've discarded it, and now I have the real Black Domina to work with.

I prefer the real unmixed Taskenti.

Now it's been a month since curing started, so I've started to make selections between the Taskenti females I had. These come from the 2012 males and some plants carry the lemony scent I remember from them.

There are subtle differences between them, but selection is difficult and takes time: most of the plants are very resinous and strong, and at the moment I discarded only two. Next time I'll grow the seeds coming from the 2005 males to make another selection.

It is really difficult to do it with method and seriousness, and it takes a lot of time but I know I'm doing it the proper way.

Cheers

Im'One

Ok I got laughed at in another forum but I seriously vaped a top from my male plant and caught a nice body stone. I pulled him last week and dried him upside down, put some of the branches in water with parchment paper underneath to catch pollen. Carraxe is right there was virtually no stem rub smell during veg. There is a strange after taste like chemicals. No real taste for me during the vaping.
And yes male plants have thc it takes more to get there, but they have some.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts