What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dank Demons SCROGS

W

willyweed

hey mate ,do you run the ac 24/7 ,just wondering because it has been hot lately .i always found that the hotter it was the more they stretch? all the best .ww

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
Looking spot on mate shame about the height problem least you know for next time

Stardawg looks nice and happy my fave shame I can't get it to yield like some pics I've seen I bet she would do well in wool

Thanks mate, like you say I will control the stretch better next time. Stardawg has always done ok for me but have not seen the pics of her run in wool and from now on sticking to coco.

great looking buds m8 and thanks for posting up the scrog info

Thanks mate, no worries on the scrog info its always good to share info.

Looking excellent geez, A few runs ago I had unexpected stretch, was touching glass the last few weeks, this run I managed to get 12inches of space between the lights and the tops….. I think I still need another 6 inches on top of that. good luck man.

G81

Thanks mate, stretch can be a right pain if you have not got the head room but at least having a mesh you can control it a bit better. Most of my problems this time came from plants at different stages of growth initially some big and some just rooted cuts so it caused problems when trying to equally fill the screen. I will sort it next time I hope.

hey mate ,do you run the ac 24/7 ,just wondering because it has been hot lately .i always found that the hotter it was the more they stretch? all the best .ww

Hey bro, nope I only run the a/c with lights on as that's the only time temps warrant it and also helps with the cost and also the noise of the compressor at night is like a dull hum when it kicks in. The stretch was mostly caused by half the screen being ready before the other half but needed the other half to catch up so on the side nearest the camera the plants had already grown some above the screen before the other side was ready. Next time I am running all the same size plants and less numbers to allow for more free screen to train harder during flowering as ran out of holes during late veg.

:tiphat::ying:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
they look healthy mate.. like you say its just a case of controlling the stretch. you could try to super crop them or bend them down I guess. im sure it wouldn't stress them too much. like you said thought next time you can be prepared for it.

Z

zooty

Looking good, about to flip my scrog into flower too just need to fill the net slightly more. Using that same netting you recommended it's working pretty well so far, got enough of it to scrog for a lifetime haha.

I've never had my buds stretch so far up from the screen like that, are you growing mainly sativa dom strains?

Dank Demon

Veteran
they look healthy mate.. like you say its just a case of controlling the stretch. you could try to super crop them or bend them down I guess. im sure it wouldn't stress them too much. like you said thought next time you can be prepared for it.

Cheers Sifted mate :tiphat: Yep I wil try a few things if they pesist in reaching the light, but since using potsil / silicon I have found the stems harder to pinch for super cropping, also a bugger to train hard without the snapping effect. I will crack it next time.

Looking good, about to flip my scrog into flower too just need to fill the net slightly more. Using that same netting you recommended it's working pretty well so far, got enough of it to scrog for a lifetime haha.

I've never had my buds stretch so far up from the screen like that, are you growing mainly sativa dom strains?

Hey Zooty, I know what you mean about having enough screen for a life time I have had and used mine for years and still have a load left.

You have been lucky with your buds then but don't jinx it. As for the starins they are a right mix and none of them are really Sativa Dom as far as I am aware.

those girls really are gonna put on a show for you in the next couple of weeks D :biggrin:

Hey tleaf mate, I am looking forward to that part of the show already as never used P Boost and RO water before so looking forward to any differences. :tiphat::ying:

F

Fields~of~Green

The potsil will also stop the yellowing you would normally get when really close to the light

Done it's pics are in perlite but I reckon wool would be good too I think dynamite uses the wool

I still wanna give the croutons a go (maybe in the new year )Ive seen a few epic grows at the other place with it

Dank Demon

Veteran
all trial and error I guess. I hate super cropping, I generally end up snapping something.

Yep know that feeling mate.

The potsil will also stop the yellowing you would normally get when really close to the light

Done it's pics are in perlite but I reckon wool would be good too I think dynamite uses the wool

I still wanna give the croutons a go (maybe in the new year )Ive seen a few epic grows at the other place with it

Hey bro, I am liking the potsil and I used to grow in the grodan cubes when I first started out but just found them hard to dispose of as they do not tend to blend into local fields that well like coco does, but I always got great results using drippers. :tiphat::ying:

Dank Demon

Veteran
A few pics from the cupboard starting week 6 flower

A few pics from the cupboard starting week 6 flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

T

ThcGrower4life

nice one dank demon them buds look dank the resin on em is qualty well done man

Dank Demon

Veteran
nice one dank demon them buds look dank the resin on em is qualty well done man

Hey Bro, Thanks I am using the last 7 bottles I have left of the old style Big Bud on them along with the GHE 3 part Range, Canadian Express Superior Potash, Root Regen and Headmasta :tiphat::ying:

Z

zooty

Some lovely resinous buds you got there. What strain is that? Looks like a big producer

F

Fields~of~Green

very nice my friend how many watts per sq foot is that cab running at :biggrin:

:tiphat:

Dank Demon

Veteran
good shit D gonna be a heavy pull .... get those sciccors ready :biggrin:

Hey Tleaf mate, I seem to get about 15 / 20 dry oz from this room and due to removing lots of leaves during veg and flower the colas are always a pleasure to trim :tiphat:

Some lovely resinous buds you got there. What strain is that? Looks like a big producer

Hey Zooty, I have mixed strains in there mate like The White, Stardawg, WD-40, BlackTooth etc but they always do well with the bigbud I give them during flower.

very nice my friend how many watts per sq foot is that cab running at :biggrin:

:tiphat:

Hey FOG my friend, lol I am just using a 600 watt bullb as did not use the watts per sq foot calculator for my cupboard, its just a side line room. :tiphat:

F

Fields~of~Green

i believe the more wpsf =better quality end product thats just what i think tho

looks like high grade shit