Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2017, 01:26 PM #41
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
As we speak, we are in the process of inbreeding this Auto Malawi x NL F3 release to its F4 generation. I already have selected 2 very nice females: one from the high yielding sativa/indica pheno with the best terpenes found in the line, and the second one is a super resinous early flowering compact Malawi pheno. Both will be reversed to pollinate a wide variety of nice F3 females to produce different F4 lines.

Auto Malawi x NL F3 (which already has Old Killer Malawi genetics) will be crossed again to best killer non autoflowering Malawis, in this case with the New Killer Malawi, with the aim to produce an even more Malawi version of this hybrid, that will contain our 2 best and main Malawi Killer parental plants in a single autoflowering Malawi based strain.

Beside that, we are also using this first ACE Seeds autoflowering strain to pollinate our best female parental plants of some of our classic strains (Bangi Haze, Orient Express sativa pheno, Panama Goddess, Tikal, Zamaldelica elite mango carrot, Malawi x PCK best purple pheno, Nepal Jam, ...) to hopefully produce in the future more autoflowering versions of our strains. All this will take time (probably 2 years or more) but i'm very enthusiastic with the projects and with the chance to widen up my breeding knowledge with different kind of cannabis.
dubi is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:10 PM #42
48N

48N is a jewel in the rough48N is a jewel in the rough48N is a jewel in the rough48N is a jewel in the rough48N is a jewel in the rough48N is a jewel in the rough
Sounds good
Maybe a autoflowering mix pack in the future?

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:06 PM #43
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi View Post
As we speak, we are in the process of inbreeding this Auto Malawi x NL F3 release to its F4 generation. I already have selected 2 very nice females: one from the high yielding sativa/indica pheno with the best terpenes found in the line, and the second one is a super resinous early flowering compact Malawi pheno. Both will be reversed to pollinate a wide variety of nice F3 females to produce different F4 lines.

Auto Malawi x NL F3 (which already has Old Killer Malawi genetics) will be crossed again to best killer non autoflowering Malawis, in this case with the New Killer Malawi, with the aim to produce an even more Malawi version of this hybrid, that will contain our 2 best and main Malawi Killer parental plants in a single autoflowering Malawi based strain.

Beside that, we are also using this first ACE Seeds autoflowering strain to pollinate our best female parental plants of some of our classic strains (Bangi Haze, Orient Express sativa pheno, Panama Goddess, Tikal, Zamaldelica elite mango carrot, Malawi x PCK best purple pheno, Nepal Jam, ...) to hopefully produce in the future more autoflowering versions of our strains. All this will take time (probably 2 years or more) but i'm very enthusiastic with the projects and with the chance to widen up my breeding knowledge with different kind of cannabis.
That is awesome too hear dubi. People like me grew up smoking sativas but those sources are long gone. I can't grow long flowering sativas in my climate outdoors so I really hope one day you produce a auto sativa with a soaring psychedelic sativa high.
'Boogieman' is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:21 PM #44
OnceUpon

OnceUpon is a jewel in the roughOnceUpon is a jewel in the roughOnceUpon is a jewel in the roughOnceUpon is a jewel in the roughOnceUpon is a jewel in the roughOnceUpon is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

i gather this would then be inbred & selected for auto like the original f2 poplulation?

using this project as the first step in further auto flower experiments makes sense. you guys are on it!
OnceUpon is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:29 PM #45
ULMW

ULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud of
Quote:

Great news Dubi!
Thanks for all your hard work !
ULMW is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:38 PM #46
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48N View Post
Sounds good
Maybe a autoflowering mix pack in the future?
Hopefully in the future When we have more variety of autoflowering strains to offer.
dubi is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2017, 04:43 PM #47
dubi
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Boogieman' View Post
That is awesome too hear dubi. People like me grew up smoking sativas but those sources are long gone. I can't grow long flowering sativas in my climate outdoors so I really hope one day you produce a auto sativa with a soaring psychedelic sativa high.
Hi Boogieman,

That's one of the main and most interesting reasons why we want to develop good autoflowering strains with our sativas. Current autoflowering genepool commercially available are made with mostly indica genetics, same than with the non autoflowering strains. So i think we can really help to also improve the autoflowering genepool by developing sativa dominant strains with autoflowering traits, and our collection of sativa strains would be a great breeding base to achieve it.
dubi is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:51 PM #48
dubi
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUpon View Post
i gather this would then be inbred & selected for auto like the original f2 poplulation?

using this project as the first step in further auto flower experiments makes sense. you guys are on it!
Your are right OnceUpon,

Although our current Auto Malawi x NL release is 100 % autoflowering, it will become non autoflowering when it is crossed with a non autoflowering parental plant (although genetically related like in this case, where we want to introduce the New Killer Malawi parental plant in the hybrid), so yes, after producing the non autoflowering New Killer Malawi x Auto Malawi x NL cross, then we must do again a F2 generation of this new hybrid, look again for the 25 % of the population in that F2 generation that is 100 % autoflowering, select for the most interesting Malawi traits and inbred it again to finally produce another F3 (indeed it would be a F6 if you count from the very start) 100 % autoflowering generation that finally contains both Killer Malawi parental plants in a single autoflowering Malawi based strain, so basically is like to do it again from the scratch.
dubi is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:30 PM #49
LouDog420

LouDog420 is a name known to allLouDog420 is a name known to allLouDog420 is a name known to allLouDog420 is a name known to allLouDog420 is a name known to allLouDog420 is a name known to allLouDog420 is a name known to allLouDog420 is a name known to allLouDog420 is a name known to allLouDog420 is a name known to allLouDog420 is a name known to all
Very cool stuff dubi! I've got a few of the malawi x nl autos going that just got started. Will be keeping my eyes on the rest of your auto lines now as well

Respect
LouDog420 is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2017, 03:49 AM #50
The Hatter

The Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really nice
This is the first time I've ever bought an auto. Next time I have some long flowering freak pheno holding up my flower room a month or more past everything else I'll try and get a head start on the next run by tossing an auto in there with it.

I'm a Medical Cannabis Patient: Proof of Progress

This world is but a fevered dream, as such it would be folly to mistake anything I have said here for reality.

I am quite mad after all.
The Hatter is offline Quote