What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reserva Privada X-18 Pure Pakistani

GoatCheese

Veteran
Has anyone grown the DNA/Reserva Privada x-18s?

Does it seem they are legit x-18 seeds?

See, I bought 3 packs of Tom Hill's x18, but these seeds have proven to be a nightmare ..only one seed is developing into a plant out of 15 seeds. Others either died quite soon after germination and the ones that make it on top of the soil, do not want to grow even the first true leaves.
People have had alot of problems with the Tom Hill seeds Seedbou has been selling at discount.

But, i also have a pack of the DNA version of x-18 and was wondering if these are any good/legit.

Thanks.:tiphat:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Total rip-off from DNA hacks... they stole the keeper from my good friend Raco. Many spanish friends received cuts back in the days but Random00, one of the guys, was doing some works for Dan and Aaron at the time and decided to pass it to them as they said it was only for preservation purposes and all that classic bullshit.

Raco said:
I didn´t know that Random00 and DNA were friends when I shared the clone...
Otherwise,I wouldn´t share,thats for sure!

The male DNA allegedly had was supposed to be the only unselected male they've found in a few seeds they received 2 years before, when they visited a friend of Tom Hill but Raco was doubtful they even had one as the seeds were old and he couldn't sprout any of those either. They said it was for preserving the line but a few months later they were already selling the seeds with Raco's cut! lol. Straight hack as they always do and plain disrespect to Raco and Tom's work anyway. This is the reason why good stuff is kept tight nowadays, there's always a bad egg out there abusing people's generosity.

I'd say don't support Donkey'N'Ass practices and lack of ethics otherwise nothing will change. This kind of stuff happened in the past already, still happens nowadays and will keep happening in the future unless growers take responsability for those they support with their money.

Anyway it won't be a good representation of the strain but just a certain plant. Read the whole story though, truth hurts:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=100036

Seedbay batches should be about 10 years old, it's understandable they are too old to germinate properly.

Vibes.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Thanks for the reply, Mustafunk
Yea i've read the "other thread" about these seeds, and would have actually asked my Q there but it's closed.
" They said it was for preserving the line but a few months later they were already selling the seeds"
Yea, great peeps, and lovely bit of beeezneez!
Well, if the DNA really had/have a genuine x-18 male, then at least they are pure x-18 genetics, regardless of the "bad karma".

These Tom Hill seeds can be a more than few years old, but before Tom Hill's help desk went down, he popped in to a thread about bad germ rates and told there is no germ problems with the x-18 he still has left, so it could be a storage problem @ Seedbou ...dunno.
Thanks, bud. Have a good one.
=
=
If anyone has actually grown the DNA x-18s, please drop in with a word or two and maybe some photos if you got them.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Here's the apple-guy --Tom Hill's x-18
picture.php

picture.php

ET from Planet X-18
picture.php

picture.php

:biggrin:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Wow GC' your ET from planet X18 is really strange! :woohoo:lol

Anyway The Reserva priv' X18 is good stuff no doubt, i have tried them many times and the line is pure no problemo, big up to them even if their diabolical business manner is also real... The product is legit, just respect!

And pear or apple phenoz are common with the line, no problemo, it is the old Pakistan Kafiristanican vibe no surprise!... As the Deep chunk... Big up Tom and big up Raco secondarily!

X18 Reserva privada
picture.php

picture.php

Peace

GoatCheese

Veteran
Wow GC' your ET from planet X18 is really strange! :woohoo:lol

Anyway The Reserva priv' X18 is good stuff no doubt, i have tried them many times and the line is pure no problemo, big up to them even if their diabolical business manner is also real... The product is legit, just respect!

And pear or apple phenoz are common with the line, no problemo, it is the old Pakistan Kafiristanican vibe no surprise!... As the Deep chunk... Big up Tom and big up Raco secondarily!

X18 Reserva privada
View Image
View Image

Peace

Great to hear about the Reserva X-18 line. Nice to see it in pics, thanks.

Are both plants X18? Very much Deep Chunk -look in the shorter one, but i haven't grown it in pure form.
.."Nepali" looks on the darker, maybe ACE's Yunnan abit, the buds/cola ,not over-all plant looks. More indica than MAndala Seeds' Satori, but similar cola/bud structure.

How's the aroma in that line ..is it hugely different to Tom Hill's? Dosn't matter, thou

The apple-guy smells so nice, it doesn't matter if it turns out male. If it's the only normal TOM Hill's i get growing, then i'm gonna find a mate for the apple from the Reserva version.
I don't think it is a "true mutant runt", the apple-guy. it could look like that because the seeds are getting old/not stored correctly. Looks like it is growing out of it and the vigor is normal, pretty good actually.

Yea, this ET is quite funny lookin guy!
These seeds seem to be losing vigor, and most of the sprouting seeds will not have a developing growth-tip (or what ever is it called). The first true-leaves show up tiny, and pale white.
It looks like through a magnif-loop, that the ET might start developing a a growing tip, and i have one another that might start growing out something.

Most come up looking like this:
picture.php

:tiphat:

SourDank

Veteran
it seems like DNA lies and steals at every opportunity that presents itself, with gear that imo is subpar these days compared to most breeders. The above report is the first time I've ever heard someone say there X-18 line wasn't garbage.

L

larry badiner

how long did you wait for the seeds to germ? i had some kc brains mango that took almost 3 weeks to germ. i put the seeds in rock wool and put it in a grow tent with a 1k hps light

GoatCheese

Veteran
it seems like DNA lies and steals at every opportunity that presents itself, with gear that imo is subpar these days compared to most breeders. The above report is the first time I've ever heard someone say there X-18 line wasn't garbage.

Yea , not much selection work done by DNA, but those x-18 might be my only possibility to find a partner for the apple-guy. Haven't grown any DNA gear before. ...have some REserva in the fridge, thou ..apollo 13's, Purple Wreck
:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
how long did you wait for the seeds to germ? i had some kc brains mango that took almost 3 weeks to germ. i put the seeds in rock wool and put it in a grow tent with a 1k hps light

Hey.
The Tom Hill x-18 crack in few days, most of them, some take longer, but the REAL problem starts right after this.
Because the first leaves aren't developed, the little guys can't push the seed hull aside. many of these kind start developing below soil, and you have to help them on their way up and then remove the seed shell yourself. Many of these are slow growers, and about half only develop a taproot of centimetres long and then they die.
..many times the few cm long tap root on these guys look like the "arms" of the ET-guy, oddly bumppy looking, not smooth like usually
:)

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
(...)
Are both plants X18? Very much Deep Chunk -look in the shorter one, but i haven't grown it in pure form.

How's the aroma in that line ..is it hugely different to Tom Hill's? Dosn't matter, thou
(...)

Both are X18 ;) and yes the line is quite similar with DC, that is the "full indica" vibe... Unhybrided! (hard to germ, mutants, slow veg etc...)

I have tried Tom Hill gear and the Reserva P. and i found that the line is the same, just maybe a bit vigorous with DNA but i think it's normal, understanding simply that is an ibl with just 1:1 selected, the Raco's cut x DNA male!

About X18 aromas they are various... fruity bubble/ earthy vegetables/ Apple or pear/ pepper glue/ cow dung leather....

Good luck with your project GoatCheese

GoatCheese

Veteran
Thanks, Roms

If you guys got pics or info, then post up.

Gonna be a short while till i have a chance to grow some of the Reserva x-18, but when i have something grown i'll take some pics.

Croissant

Both are X18 ;) and yes the line is quite similar with DC, that is the "full indica" vibe... Unhybrided! (hard to germ, mutants, slow veg etc...)

I have tried Tom Hill gear and the Reserva P. and i found that the line is the same, just maybe a bit vigorous with DNA but i think it's normal, understanding simply that is an ibl with just 1:1 selected, the Raco's cut x DNA male!

About X18 aromas they are various... fruity bubble/ earthy vegetables/ Apple or pear/ pepper glue/ cow dung leather....

Good luck with your project GoatCheese

roms I was wondering if you could give a description of the high with the dna x18?

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Salut Croissant, it is mostly body stone and physical with those "full indica" but according to terpenes i think there is some mellow ones that can be select with a bit more high in the head... ;) From my little experience i found that the fruity bubble specimens are more head high compared to apple or earthy vegetables full bodystone medicine. (But it is just my memory feelings, the subject have to be study, i am far from being scientifik!). Peace

Last edited:

EastCoastIndica

Thanks for the pictures and info Roms. I have a pack of 13 regular X18 Pure Pakistani and I am glad to hear that it is the same as Tom Hill's X18. I'm thinking I need to crack some of these Chimera GSC S1's and start throwing some pollen around, Cookies x X18, Cookies x Maple Leaf Indica, Cookies x Hindu kush etc......

GoatCheese

Veteran
Little update..
The Reserva x-18's are vegging and you can clearly see it's from the same line, from Tom Hill's x-18s that is.
13/13 seeds germinated; One was a "no growth tip" like many of the Tom Hills; two stopped growing soon after germing ( i may have messed up one of them); one was a mutant; one a slower growing runt but the rest are normal. Most of them look somewhat like each other so far, sure there is some variation, but one of them had narrower, pointier leaves. Could be something interesting, hope it is a girl.

The pointy leaf seedling:
picture.php

The normal ones:
picture.php

Few close ups of the others:

picture.php

picture.php

About the Tom Hill's

i got only 4 seeds out of 30 to grow "normally". Well, only one of them was normal from the get go, the other three were almost too old and grew abit odd loking at the start, but now the growth starts to look normal

Latest posts

Latest posts