What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Tower Climb...

I've seen this before.Dude has got to keep an eye to the sky for impending storms/lightning because the descent takes some ridiculous amount of time...a huge set of nuts as well.

But yeah,what a view.

T

toughmudderdave

My bad...I thought you meant this video where the guy climbs over 1700 ft. up to do the same thing you're doing at what, 300 ft.?

It's called Free-Climbing i.e. no safety harness...nuckin' futs
Actually, on towers that high, the climber takes an elevator. In that video, he climbs the last 200ft. It would be too dangerous (and too long) for a tower guy to climb the entire height of the tower to get anything accomplished let alone haul equipment and gear.

Actually, on towers that high, the climber takes an elevator. In that video, he climbs the last 200ft. It would be too dangerous (and too long) for a tower guy to climb the entire height of the tower to get anything accomplished let alone haul equipment and gear.

Again, he's doing the same thing at 5-6 times the hieght,correct?

Either way,fuck that.

T

toughmudderdave

Again, he's doing the same thing at 5-6 times the hieght,correct?

Either way,fuck that.
Yes, I was just clarifying that a climber could not climb the entire height within a given time span to accomplish the tasks needed. I would so love to climb that tower.

Funny thing about being a "tower guy"...You seem to be drawn toward them as you're driving down the road, and all you can think about is..."Damn...That's be a bitchin tower to climb." LOL!

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Its amazing what you notice when you take the time to do something in a calm repetitive manner. You find out where weakness is and then you just grunt and keep climbing. Im not a climber, but I do lots of chinups. Lol

Yes, I was just clarifying that a climber could not climb the entire height within a given time span to accomplish the tasks needed. I would so love to climb that tower.

Funny thing about being a "tower guy"...You seem to be drawn toward them as you're driving down the road, and all you can think about is..."Damn...That's be a bitchin tower to climb." LOL!

I got you...Now does one need anymore experience or additional certifications for those higher towers?

My understanding is that those guys make pretty good bank,any amount would not be sufficient in my book,but then I don't bounce very well.

B

BrnCow

Cheap assed chickenshit companies could easily have a cable based elevator that hooked into your safety belt and pulled you up at least to the antennas. And the win power bunch is fucked engineering also. They put a large school bus sized generating pod at the top of a 300 foot tower that people climb. They have an elevator for the tools though..they could easily put a counterweight on the other side opposite from the blades and gear that power down a shaft where it hooked up to the power module on the bottom. Then the only time someone climbed would be to oil the gears at the top.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'd be willing to wager the family jewels that the guy in the striped shirt NEVER finds the huevos to climb a tower, perhaps not even a tall flight of stairs.......

[YOUTUBEIF]hyYGLTtdCh8[/YOUTUBEIF]