What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Want 30% more WEIGHT on your harvest?

ontop

With regards to Canna's PK 13/14.
Canna come and do seminars for growshop owners or managers etc. im told very informative and in no way a selling/ promotional event, since the event is largely attended by existing Canna customers.

Anyway best way to use PK is at a weaker strength, (than the bottle suggests) constantly during flower period. Start at end of week 2 or 3 and use until Flush. This info came direct from Canna.

racefan

I'm with the majority on this new "at the end bud booster" stuff this thread is about. By dunking into it after harvest, all the weight has to come from the product itself and not the "organic material". And from first hand reports here...that left behind matter isn't really desireable.
I believe the reason some people are dipping cannabis into formaldehyde is not to increase weight but to change the high you get from cannabis alone. There is even a street name for it although it escapes me at the moment. Supposedly the chems in the formaldehyde mixed with the cannabis change a regular high into something that makes a person psychotic almost. I know my local police department is deathly afraid of dealing with people who are supposedly on this type of high. They act like it turns all that use it into hulks or something.:D

Canna PK 13/14 is a good product that IMHO does what is advertised. We at NH have been discussing products of this sort for quite a while now (over a year) although the product most discussed there is PK Top-Up.(very simular if not the same as canna PK 13/14) I ran some trials with the PK Top-Up and although I didn't get the 30% some claimed, I was very satisfied with the consistant 20% increase I did get.

If phosphoload is not the exact same product as Superbud then they need to hire a new advertiser. The wording they use to describe phosphoload is almost the same exact wording used to describe superbud. The results claimed are the same too. Was superbud bad for us? We may never know. I haven't heard of one death or illness related to the use of superbud or paclobutrazol yet. I hope we never do because I fell victim to the hype as well and used a bottle of it(superbud) myself. But then again, no one knows the long term affects yet because...there hasn't been a long term to judge from.:D Only time can tell.

racefan

stank

Some one gave me a bottle of brix to try out.I used 2 identical weighted wet buds . I dipped 1 brix and left the other bud to cure naturally. After curing i weigh them again,The bud dipped in brix was 4 grams heavier.

My opinion. The extra weight just came from the product itself.It's very thick, just like honey. I wont be using it, it just wouldn't be right

Flower Pot

Hi racefan.. the name for bud dipped in formadahyde is - WET :joint: .. not had the chance to try it out yet myself though.. :yoinks:

O

OHenry

No Dip For me.

No Dip For me.

Dipping buds!!!! eeeekkkkkkkkkkk.... :yoinks: :yoinks: :yoinks:

Stay off that grass!!! LOL.

You want to be flushing OUT the properties that you've been adding over time, not adding "finished-coats" to try and burn through when smoking. Sometimes doing more isn't always better.

I'm assuming everyone flushes there buds here.

Properly flushed bud burns clean and leaves a white ash. Buds (beasters , etc....) that holds heavy concentrations of nutes burn horribly and leave your taste buds completely let down.

Hope everyone has a good day.

OH :joint:

dubmantx

I thought wet was embalming fluid and bud.
Maybe fermaldahyde is embalming fluid... either way anyone that does that shit is a fuckin moron.

O

OHenry

I used the term "dipping" to generalize BIG-BUD Additives...

I should have said....

"You put what in/on your buds ?!?!?!?"

I would have to say that spraying anything other than a heavy dose of neem or organic mite/bug killer in flowering is a no-no. I would never want to smoke any weed that had a "Big-Bud" additive used topically at any stage in the grow. Just my thoughts. Sorry if it offends anyone. It's the whole reason we grow our own right! So that were not stuck smoking that chemically intoxicated shit off the corner! And if you are growing commercially you should do your customers a favor and spare them the toxins. I love WEED!!!

:wave: OH

O

OHenry

I haven't heard of one death or illness related to the use of superbud or paclobutrazol yet. I hope we never do because I fell victim to the hype as well and used a bottle of it(superbud) myself. But then again, no one knows the long term affects yet because...there hasn't been a long term to judge from. Only time can tell.

WOWZERS!!!! I don't think you'd have to worry about anything if you don't use it at all :chin:

OH

nobodyknew

It's funny - everyone says use Canna Pk13-14 and your buds get bigger...
My question is: Bigger than what....?
I've been using Canna PK 13-14 for - well - must be eighteen months or so now - not really thinking about it - just habit...
Fifth week of flower - add for a week - then res change back to standard nutes.
But I missed using it this time round - time got away from me a bit - and to my eyes everything looks the same as always
Nothings bigger - nothings smaller - it all looks the same....
So when we say we get an increase - how do we know?
What are we measuring it against
Or are we just going by we "think" it's bigger
I happen to use two tables per flower room so when there is enough clones ready to fill both tables simultaneously I'll use PK13-14 in one res and not in the other
Then I suppose I'll have to weigh both table harvests to get the result
I have found for sure tho that PK13-14 does enhance the flavour and odour of the bud - which is why I use it mainly

G

If anyone is still out there...can you explain to me what effects a recommended dosage/application of Superbud would generally have on a plant? (visual effects, physical, yeild, difference in end product...etc)

I ask because I am using a kelp-based/organic product that I have been told is comparable/similar/does similar things as Superbud...but w/o the chemicals that caused concern..etc.

If you used it, would you have continued to use it if it were still on the market...or did you switch to the other recommended DM product w/ the same results? (or not/did you go to something else altogether?)

G

Anything put on buds after like 2 weeks of flowering is something i want to know nothing about, and dont want on my weed. (unless its keif)

ogDNH

durga said:
If anyone is still out there...can you explain to me what effects a recommended dosage/application of Superbud would generally have on a plant? (visual effects, physical, yeild, difference in end product...etc)

I ask because I am using a kelp-based/organic product that I have been told is comparable/similar/does similar things as Superbud...but w/o the chemicals that caused concern..etc.

If you used it, would you have continued to use it if it were still on the market...or did you switch to the other recommended DM product w/ the same results? (or not/did you go to something else altogether?)
are you using bushmaster by any chance? well i did and it totally stopped the stretch. it also reduced visable trichomes from the norm. dont know about increase in yield ,taste,potency yet.

stinger_489

the only problem with using brix is simple...anybody who grows on a regular basis can spot it a mile of...the ad itself tells u this stuff is for cheats..all it is, is a carbo loader..which looks and tastes like brown watery syrup...it does actually work but if u take a bud thats been soaked in this stuff and taste it, u can tell it straight away...u can expect gains of around 20%....but do u really wanna spray ur buds with liquid sugar to make the weight up???

G

Sounds right, brix is a meter used to measure sugar content.

I add molasses to my plants with the nutrient in weeks 2, 3 and 6, and find pretty much the same effect, WITHOUT the darkening of the bud that occurs with the water cure.

I recently tried the water cure, and I have to say it's great if you want to ruin your buds......

myst

oh tug.... i didn't think that you would actually go through with that... You got all wrapped up in that RM thread.... live and learn......

ClosetMonster

I think your crazy if your going to add that shiet to your harvest, once I harvest, Im harvested. I dont mess with chance, and there is a high chance( % )that shiet could go wrong with this method of "saturation". If the "commercial" growers feel they need to do this then they should sell coke.Take a trip out here and get ye paws broke over a chemical like this. If it aint' BIO, it isnt ment for de lungs. 30% harvest isnt worth the 75% destruction of precious lung fibers, and super burning of brain cells due to chemical alteration of de weed. None the less, the Karma that will come back around physically and/or mentally after exposing mass clientel to a form of " [green] [shake] " ( for all you commercial growers that know your P's and Q's) and to finnalize what that exposure does ; It is just plain fucking wrong. Go buy some ***stol A****ne and a 2lb hydrolic press and start ur crack lab, save the good people a good lung.