What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone JUICE?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
fruits and vegetables of course!

getting back into juice after my last juicer broke, just picked up another one...

been replacing a meal a day for the last week for a good juice cocktail...

been rocking the 3/4 carrot, 1/4 apple juice blend, SUPER GOOD!!

anyone have any great juicing recipes?

breakfast

T

TrichyTrichy

I juice sometimes.
Mke sure you get a good book on it. Or you might overdose on carrots and beets. :laughing: orange palms

krunchbubble

Veteran
does it take a lot of fruit/veggies to make a glass of straight juice?

3 apples, a small bag of baby carrots and about 6 large carrots to make two of those glasses...

HAVE to hit farmers markets or juicing will make you broke.....

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i just mix any fruit together its all good,,

made one the other day with (2)apples,(3)bananas,(2)pomegranites, (2)passion flower and a papaya,,

gets you extra high :rasta:

astartes

2/3rds Orange and 1/3 strawberry. I find it critical to use a citrus juicer for the OJ as it comes out to frothy in the normal juicer with 1/2 the yield. Usually have one after I get done with a run.

a.

krunchbubble

Veteran
i just mix any fruit together its all good,,

made one the other day with apples,bananas,pomegranite,passion flower and papaya,,

gets you extra high :rasta:

pomegranate seeds?

they just opened a Fresh and Easy supermarket near me, they sell those seeds by the 1/4 lb...

praisehim.

Veteran
2 apples, one stick of celery and a tomato.... delicious. OR... 2 bananas, 1 peach, 3 strawberries and a little whey protein.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
pomegranate seeds?

they just opened a Fresh and Easy supermarket near me, they sell those seeds by the 1/4 lb...

yeah try not to choke on them,, it helps to sift them out after they've been blended obviously,, but its really good for you pomegranate,, as are lots of fruit we dont eat anymore,,

there are tons of different berries that are good for people as well,,

T

TrichyTrichy

^^They used it in a new drink called, Heart Juice kinda like healthy snapple...

Breville Juicer is the way to go.
If you've broken a plastic based one then you know what I am talking about.

Snoopster

Veteran
I used to juice every day until my juicer died.
I realized it was a bitch to clean.

Now I have a pint glass full of fruit (usually blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, pomegranate...) and a bit of juice in a blender every morning.

Any easy to clean juicer rec's?

I would like to get back into some veg juice. I love fresh carrot juice.

F

Funion

I second the Breville. I've got one and its heavy duty and has a large feed chute. Easy to clean too.
Easy the clean is the make it or break it for sticking to juicing.
I like to throw a bit of ginger into whatever. Or garlic if I'm gonna fight off something nasty.
Good thread topic!
ps at the other end of the spectrum, the Juiceman Jr is a good little juicer thats not to hard to clean at all.

Suspect

Veteran
I'm a stayhome dad so I'm constantly looking for new healthy foods for my two critters.
Recently I've made smoothies and the kids love them, I do too when I crave something sweet. :smoke:

Most recent mix:
All ingredients organic
2 oranges
2 apples
1 banana
1/2 lime
1/2 lemon
fresh ginger to aid digestion
some Coconut milk
Plenty of ice

fungzyme

The one we usually do is: 4 sticks celery
1 small sweet potato
1 inch piece of fresh ginger
4 oranges (peeled)

It's really good - you wouldn't think of juicing a potato, but a sweet potato is pretty good, and the ginger just makes it really zing.

P

Primo

I love fresh juice! I need to get a real juicer though.

Have you guys juiced a fresh cannabis plant before? its like a wheat grass shot and is suppost to have a bunch of healing propertys. there is a vid on youtube about the benifits of it. check it out!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
3 apples, a small bag of baby carrots and about 6 large carrots to make two of those glasses...

HAVE to hit farmers markets or juicing will make you broke.....

I might have to break down and buy a juicer. I doubt I'll buy lots of additional veggies but I bet I can consume more of what I buy. I love salads but hate the hassle of making em. Too much gets thrown out.

Romain smoothies, anyone?:)

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Carrot Juicing???

buff.jpg

Wait...

I thought we were talking about something else....

J

joejusttyped

I try to juice a few times a week

3-5 Asparagus stalks
1 cucumber
1/2 peeled lemon

---

2 Carrots
1 Apple (I use Pink Ladys/Cripps Pink....OMG SO FUCKING GOOD)
1 (small) Beetroot

---

Plain grape, apple, carrot, beet, pear juices are what I normally make

Latest posts

Latest posts