What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what nutes are you putting in your coco ?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys ... just curious as to what your using in coco as nutes ? i'm using the cns17 line with a few additives like calmag , hydroplex , lkb & silica . i'll post up my schedule if anybody's interested . but would like to hear what others are doing .

Lowman

I've used all kinds of different nutes in coco. Gh flora micro & bloom works well. I use that in veg and Hesi coco nutes in flower. Pretty well anything will work fine.

I never need to use cal/mag as my tap water has plenty. I used to use the cal/mag with every feed in the beginning cause that's what everyone said to do...caused more problems really.

The biggest positive difference I have seen with coco is not the nutrients you use...but the coco you use. Pure quality new coco and no additives like perlite gets the best results.

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
I find the opposite, I add a bunch of perlite....keeps it nice and fluffy...it also strectches your coco.

I was using the Rezipe when I first started in coco about a year ago...I have since switched to H&G in flower. I actually have been using GH one part grow for my vegging girls...but I use:

Coco A&B
BudXL
Top Booster
GH Rapid Start(plan on switching to RE soon)
Drip Clean
Normally use Shooting powder..but have been using Koolbloom powder lately because I ran out of Shooting Powder

Seems to work good for my needs. Running some hydro(ebb and flood) soon..so will be switching base nutes to aqua flakes...but thats pretty much it.

B

BlueberryNutz

full h and g line which works really well but my strain is a mag whore so sometimes calmag is a must but i think it all depends on strain. cant use my tap water. its about 1000 ppm lol

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Plant Magic, the only nutes made in the UK specifically for growing MJ

BigDawg

yeah h3ad doesn't get much credit anymore. It's what rez's is based off I believe. I use h3ads formula and a sugar source to feed the micro herd

Buddler

Veteran
These days having good results with low ppm tap water,AN micro, grow, bloom ph perfect 2ml per liter work up to three mils some calmag and big bud in flower.:tiphat:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow alot of kiss growers here even with coco . i was doing the kiss method in promix but had alot of defs showing up for some reason . so when i switched to coco i tried canna nutes & the cns17 line for ease of use in coco . but it just seems like i'm doing alot of mixing for different stages of growth & with my perpetual set up its a PIA . so i'm kinda looking for a simple one part so i can set up my rez & blumats or drippers . with out having to have 3 rez's . i still have alot of Maxi , KB & LKB here .... maybe i'll try that with the coco . hmmmmmm decisions decisions :)
thanx guys .

T_B_M

I run 3 stage perpetual, and always use close to the 100-100-200-60 N-P-K-Ca-Mg targets using a slightly modified Lucas formula through all three stages.

ml per gallon:
12.5 ml PBP Bloom (soil)
5.0 ml PBP Grow
5.0 ml Liquid Karma
5.0 ml Sweet
2.5 ml Cal-Mag+

I was running lower than this when I first started and they kept yellowing on me. I wish it took less bottles to get this ratio, so when I use these up I will try something where I don't need 4 products to get my ratios dialed in. This works well for me through all of flowering. No way am I mixing three batches of nutes for each flowering stage.

For the mothers and clones I give them:

15 ml PBP Grow
5 ml Cal-Mag+

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^

just making sure you do know, lucas was designed around hydro, not coco properties. but yes many many ratios work in coco.

using floraduo, with botanicare cal/mg , R/O water. no additives, only complicates, well one 1ml shot of silica start of flower.

thinking about heads, as I've done it in veg, and would rather add epsoms then cal/mag bottle ( easier ), but floraduo is GH's newest line..

T_B_M

Yeah, I quickly realized that mix wasn't going to work when my plants were yellowing from deficiencies. Hence the additions.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
GH Rapid start when first cloned and when I up pot.

GH micro and bloom (rez ratios 6/9,3/4.5).

hygrozime once a week.

top dress pots with NAPA floor dry for silica with no K and bug control.

1/2 tsp dol lime per gallon once a week.

S

SicKSKills

currently on cutting edge solutions micro bloom unc js blend, silica blast, epsom salt if needed