What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TnT Labs Genetics Grow

Dakine

Veteran
Heres some shots of the Bg3k I didnt get to take pictures of yesterday at my friends place.. This girl is A much different green then all the other girls out there. Any one know why?

BG3k Pheno #3?

Heres A shot of 1 of the Amk3ks Outside.

TnTLabs

If you can zoom in on the middle of the 3rd Ba3k picture I posted, you can see the damage. A bunch of leaves are drooping down, and alot are bending upwards, theres also the sides of the leaves curling up. I actually took alot of it off when I defoliated them today.. I gave them plain water today, but gave the unhurt girls the usual light feed..

So Dyna Gro- Grow is 7-9-5 and Bloom is 3-12-6. RAW-Phosphorus is 9-61-0.

strange ratios for grow nutes... post up their feeding schedule if you can pls.. i think 50/50 for the next 2 weeks, they have Raw K? im missing the K... should be used more from about week 4-5

tbh i doubt your plants got hit do to the 790ppm dose.. all others look fine and possibly due to not having enough Mg in your water you are seeing these problems.. you say your water is around 0ppm.. i still can hardly believe that tap water will come out at 0ppm, even where you live. does the grow have Mg? it must have.. sure molasses will have some.. you use that all the time.. and the soil will have some... but yeh 790ppm is spot on for plants that size.. IMO

TnTLabs

dg_hydroponicfeeding_chart.jpg

ok, from what i figure they want you to feed all the time...
fuck what i said.. the plants are healthy now.. follow their schedule..
and as one can see they want you to add Mg.. at least something we agree on

Dakine

Veteran
Hey you guys. Ive decided that for the next 6 days only, im going to defoliate A handful of leaves every other day from each plant.. Hopefully it doesnt shock any of them, and I hope it makes A difference. I tried taking off A little from each girl yesterday.

Heres A After/Before shot of the bushiest Amk3k outdoors. Looks like ALOT of budsites will get way more sunlight now!

Next up is the other Amk3k thats outdoors. This picture was taken after I already took like 5 Fan leafs off. Ill take another picture tomorrow after I take off the Fans for the day.

Here is A shot of when I was putting the net up.. It ended up being lower then it was in the picture. But when I try to bend the branches under it, the net moves upwards..

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
If you built a frame for the net out of PVC, then stretched it tight, it wouldn't move up as much. I used to have the same problem with my outdoor trellis system.

Dog Star

Veteran

Dakine

Veteran
So after I doubled the recommended full dose of the nutes A few days ago I noticed they where showing these same problems but not as bad. So I flushed these 2 plants with plain water but not a lot. Then 2 days after that I saw the problems getting really bad so I watered with plain water and took these pictures ..

I don't know what the problem is. My other plants got that same feed and aren't showing any signs like this. I'm gonna do the slurry test in a couple hours. Gotta find out what the issue is and if I should feed or just use plain water on them today...

If you guys can't see these pics well lmk and I'll post them like I usually do later when I get home..

Attachments

• IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 9

TnTLabs

So after I doubled the recommended full dose of the nutes A few days ago I noticed they where showing these same problems but not as bad. So I flushed these 2 plants with plain water but not a lot. Then 2 days after that I saw the problems getting really bad so I watered with plain water and took these pictures ..

I don't know what the problem is. My other plants got that same feed and aren't showing any signs like this. I'm gonna do the slurry test in a couple hours. Gotta find out what the issue is and if I should feed or just use plain water on them today...

If you guys can't see these pics well lmk and I'll post them like I usually do later when I get home..

SLURRY

Dankwolf

I second the slurry test idea so yoyr not totally guessing . test's are better then guess's becuae to many guess's and you wont even know what to test first lol.

The pics are not the best but i am board so i will play the guess game .
#1 i have had plants look like that many times when over / under watering .
#2 lower light levels coupled with large temp changes have produce similar looking plants .
#3 plants that are left out duriing a frost can look simaler aswell .

TnTLabs

i understand now what you mean with looking fucked up...
i bet soil ec is too low though and that with the attempt to flush things you have fucked up the CEC and the plants are hurting now...
but a slurry will clarify most easily

Dakine

Veteran
K I'll post results in an hour or so. Had to go to hardware store to get duct/exhaust tube and 15watt LED Bulbs to add on the sides of the girls in the tent. Since they're gonna be unmovable I want the sides closest to tent/middle of the plants to get some good light intensity as well.. I usually rotate the plants every other day..

I also checked yesterday with A loop for insects and didn't find anything. I made A light solution of sns 207 and used A sponge to wipe both sides of each leaf on the plants. Supposed to use it as A spray but not supposed to use it during mid flower..

I'm thinking about adding 1/4 dose of sns to each gallon of water. Will kill pest in the soil that could be damaging the roots?

slipdefeu

Hey Dak!

Are you feeding them each time with nutes or just 1/2 our 1/3?
The problem you show on pics can't be an under fert sign...Are you following the manufacturer nutes shedule bro? lol

Dakine

Veteran
Outdoor Plants Slurry PH Test

Outdoor Plants Slurry PH Test

Alright so I did the slurry test today. I also took the readings of the other plants out there as well. I took the Ph of the water I used for each test cup, every reading of tap water was 7.2ph. The soil I took out was atleast 1inch under the top layer of soil. I ripped A some roots on accident lol.

After I added the soil and water to each test cup, I stirred them. I stripped some fan leafs off each girl, and took some new young growth off to. Around 20 minutes later I stirred again. Then I took some soil probe readings of the 2 girls that are showing damage. Took some pictures after that, then I mixed the cups again and took my readings. I mixed each cup and waited till the water stopped moving around then took the ph readings of them.

Picture #1- Just to show the test cups.
Picture#2- Damaged Ba3k Probe Reading
Picture#3-Damaged Ba3k Slurry PH-7.2ph
Picture#4-Damaged Bg3k#3 PRobe Reading
Picture#5-Damaged Bg3k#3 Slurry PH-6.8ph

The slurry PH for the 2 cups in the back which are from the other plants that arent showing damage had A reading of 7.1 and 7.2ph.

Not to sure if it even matters or if ppm of the slurry even means anything, but the Damaged Bg3ks Slurry Cup had A 469ppm reading, and the Damaged Ba3ks Slurry Cup had A reading of 382ppm..

I calibrated my PH Pen and PPM meter right before doing this. TnT my tap is now reading 218ppm lol. So that would mean my ppm meter was way off that early morning we measured the double doses.. Im thinking it was way stronger then we actually thought it was...

Attachments

• Bg3k Ph 3-16-17.jpg
    Bg3k Ph 3-16-17.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Soil Probe Bg3k 3-16-17.jpg
    Soil Probe Bg3k 3-16-17.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Ba3k Ph 3-16-17.jpg
    Ba3k Ph 3-16-17.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Ba3k Probe 3-16-17.jpg
    Ba3k Probe 3-16-17.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Slurry 3-16-17.jpg
    Slurry 3-16-17.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 16

Dakine

Veteran
Small Outdoor Update

Small Outdoor Update

So I took some pictures since I was at my friends doing the Ph/Slurry test this morning. Ill do A full update when im supposed to feed them next.

Cant upload pics to usual site. Gonna have to upload them as attachments, sorry about that..

Picture#1-Amk3k
Picture#2-Amk3k Semi Close Up
Picture#3-Ba3k
Picture#4-Ba3k Semi Close Up

Attachments

• Ba3k 3-16-17.jpg
    Ba3k 3-16-17.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Ba3k-1 3-16-17.jpg
    Ba3k-1 3-16-17.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Amk3k-1 3-16-17.jpg
    Amk3k-1 3-16-17.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Amk3k 3-16-17.jpg
    Amk3k 3-16-17.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 11

Dakine

Veteran
Bg3k Outdoor Pics & Indoor Tent

Bg3k Outdoor Pics & Indoor Tent

Picture#1-BG3k/King Bubba
Picture#2-Bg3k/King Bubba Shot Of Lower/Secondary Golfball Nug
Picture#3-Amk3k#1 I think I just have 1 more day to defoliate after today. Deciding on just doing it again tomorrow, or waiting another day so she has time to rest/heal..
Picture#4-Bg3k that was neglected during veg. She spent her whole life in A 1-Gal Smart Pot until A couple days before flowering.
Picture#5-CFF3k"The Runt" kinda hard to see the defoliation ive been doing. Should I just finish it the same day the other girls are gonna be done?

Please let me know if im not doing it right lol. I usually take some fan leafs off the first couple days of flower but thats it. I never really attempted to "Defoliate" before, or Lollipopping. Im not sure if im taking to much or to little. Im basing it off of the LED grow from that guy on instagram. I posted his page in the spanish love story thread, his grow showed massive gains from taking EVERY Fan Leaf off in the beginning of flower..

Hey Slip!! My friend, I think I messed up. We where trying to use the FULL recommended dose of Veg Nutes only this one time because stretch was finished in flower... But after I added the full dose of Dyna Gro Nutes,Black Molasses, and Phosphorus, my ph was only 390ppm. So I ended up putting another full recommended per gallon of water. So that would be 2-Full Doses of those 3 things..

I dont remember completely, but I think the ppm was low-mid 700ppm. I think it was 700 something ppm... BUT I thought my brand new ppm meter was working correctly since it was just calibrated.. BUT I shouldve listened to TnT because I thought my Tap Water had A PPM of 0 according to the PPM MEter lol.. So with that being said and known, I think my feed was ALOT stronger then we thought it was.. Most Likely it was very close to 2.0ec or over lol..

Attachments

• Bg3k 3-16-17.jpg
    Bg3k 3-16-17.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 13
  • leftroom
    leftroom
    112 KB · Views: 17
  • Amk3k#1 Indoor 3-16-17.jpg
    Amk3k#1 Indoor 3-16-17.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Bg3k Indoor 3-16-17.jpg
    Bg3k Indoor 3-16-17.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 11
  • Cff3k Indoor 3-16-17.jpg
    Cff3k Indoor 3-16-17.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 12

Dankwolf

Alright so I did the slurry test today. I also took the readings of the other plants out there as well. I took the Ph of the water I used for each test cup, every reading of tap water was 7.2ph. The soil I took out was atleast 1inch under the top layer of soil. I ripped A some roots on accident lol.

After I added the soil and water to each test cup, I stirred them. I stripped some fan leafs off each girl, and took some new young growth off to. Around 20 minutes later I stirred again. Then I took some soil probe readings of the 2 girls that are showing damage. Took some pictures after that, then I mixed the cups again and took my readings. I mixed each cup and waited till the water stopped moving around then took the ph readings of them.

The slurry PH for the 2 cups in the back which are from the other plants that arent showing damage had A reading of 7.1 and 7.2ph.

Not to sure if it even matters or if ppm of the slurry even means anything, but the Damaged Bg3ks Slurry Cup had A 469ppm reading, and the Damaged Ba3ks Slurry Cup had A reading of 382ppm..

I calibrated my PH Pen and PPM meter right before doing this. TnT my tap is now reading 218ppm lol. So that would mean my ppm meter was way off that early morning we measured the double doses.. Im thinking it was way stronger then we actually thought it was...

If that ph prob is one of the cheap superstore type for $10 then i would not trust it 100% . they work better then nothing but are not accurate in the long term . for me the wetter the soil / soiless the higher the ph reading.

Dakine

Veteran
Lol yeah it is, I looked it up online. I guess I overpaid for it at homedepot. It was there most expensive soil probe haha!!

It kinda feels like im one of those old country guys who use those 2 copper rods to search for gold or treasure!

TnTLabs

let me get this right, you used tap water for the slurry test?
if so, then please redo with distilled or R/O water.. everything else is missleading!

Dakine

Veteran
I didnt think it wouldve been that bad since I measured the ph of the water I was using for the slurry test.. I have to go and pick up distilled water, I only have enough left for about 1 test cup.

TnT dont you think it was the feed though? Since my ppm meter was apprently off when we measured it that one night?

Latest posts

Latest posts