in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Ethiopian sativa

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Ethiopian sativa Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2017, 10:42 AM #41
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by I wood View Post
Very encouraging thread, thanks to all who have added to it and Ace for make by these seeds available.

I was innocently browsing the ace seeds site and saw only two packs of Ethiopian left.
African strains have eluded me so far so I sprung into action, signed up and have Ethiopian and several others ordered with payment on the way.
Ace seeds have been causing me much jealousy over the years and I have waited as long as I could for them to be available locally but could not wait any longer. The small risk of border crossing was assumed and hopefully I'll be growing some ace keepers soon.
Is it wrong to get a boner from ordering seeds?

Thanks again Ace seeds for the magical sativa smorgasbord, and very reasonable prices too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48N View Post
This strain sounds very good to me, it fits all my criteria
I read the description and my head went bing bing bing bing haha
Will it still be available next year or do you have to get them soon?
anyway if not there a plenty of nice Ethiopia hybrids
I'm interested in the Congo and zamal/Mauritius crosses
Hope some gonna be available next season
Can you tell me which pheno of zamaldelica was used?
Hi,

The pure ethiopian was reproduced recently and abundantly, so fortunately there will plenty of stock for upcoming years.

Regarding the ethiopian hybrids: We have produced Congo 3 x Ethiopian and Bangi Congo x Ethiopian as well. For the Zamaldelica x Ethiopian crosses we pollinated the mango carrot Zamaldelica elite mother and 4 different Zamal/Thai Zamaldelica phenos too.

Hope it helps with your doubts.
dubi is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:53 AM #42
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Hi ULMW

Thank you very much for sharing your first hand experience about ethiopian landraces and ethiopian growing scene Really interesting! Sounds like the ethiopian sativa we have reproduced and released has quite similar traits to yours. Anyway i'm looking forward to know your opinion about our ethiopian line when you have the chance to test her.
dubi is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:09 AM #43
ULMW

ULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud of
Thanks Dubi. Am honored and likewize was feeling the strain we grow are pretty much the same. The bouquet and aromas you described and wffects plus flowering time all reinforce this. Be nice if we get to habe a male in my last few seeds then I can try my hand at breeding her. Anyway will keep in contact with this strain and the rest. Happy growing!
ULMW is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:21 AM #44
48N

48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi View Post
Hi,

The pure ethiopian was reproduced recently and abundantly, so fortunately there will plenty of stock for upcoming years.

Regarding the ethiopian hybrids: We have produced Congo 3 x Ethiopian and Bangi Congo x Ethiopian as well. For the Zamaldelica x Ethiopian crosses we pollinated the mango carrot Zamaldelica elite mother and 4 different Zamal/Thai Zamaldelica phenos too.

Hope it helps with your doubts.
Well I already placed my order before reading your response
But I don't mind, I have a strong feeling the Ethiopian will be a strain that fits my needs very well and it's gonna be a strain my breeding circles around (Ethiopia, Congo, zamals)
Next year I'd like to grow various Africans (I grew the Congo-hybrid and zamaldelica so far), the effects are great and the thc-v has me really Interested for my medical condition

Wow so it's gonna be the pure bangi x Ethiopia not bangi haze x Ethiopia? Nice
Hopefully some of the hybrids gonna be available next season, zamaldelica was the most special herb I've smoked so far
48N is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:30 AM #45
48N

48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about
UMLV thanks for your input, you're truly an Ethiopia expert
48N is offline Quote

Old 04-21-2017, 09:52 PM #46
ULMW

ULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud of
48N Thanks for your kind words. I have limited experience indoors with her but 7 years outdoor in Addis Abeba. Dubi and Ace breeders have the expert level I believe.
I appreciate the unity felt here among Ethiopian Sativa growers. I am pleased to see people working together to cross other sativas with Ethiopian. The Zamaldelica x and Angolan sound very beutiful. Betam Konjo! (Very Beautiful !)
I do recommend for all Sativa lovers who enjoy spending time enjoying heavy harvests to give Ethiopian a try. Her happy uplifting vibes often surprise. Makes a tasty dry sift screen hash ,too!
I also used to make cobbs and Tangwena has an awe inspiring knoweldge on this subject which I salute having enjoyed reading it here on IC.
I find the cobbs gave a lovely earthy edge to the herb when cured for a month or so in a dark place.
Happy growing to each and all. Will keep updating my Indoor Ethiopian Photo album. Hope it helps provide some images of the weeks and stages as she is grown from.seed in coco indoors. The controlled environment of indoor growing gives me new insights to my outdoor gardening experiences. I can say that Ethiopian is quite a forgiving lady and works very well indoors too. Bare in mind tent sizes! she will grow to fill all the space you give her.
She handles nutes well. Once harvested do give at least 3 weeks before first taster. Then give her a proper cure...She gets very tasty the longer she cures! Bouquets range from citus aromas upon breaking up a bud. An array of spices presents itself with key notes of aniseed or liquorice over an earthy tone that indicates her pure Africa landrace heritage and genepool.
It gives a gentle high for seasoned smokers but provides some great vibes of upliftment and general well being. Creative tendancies and spiritual awareness are common reactions to this kind of high. It is very pleasing when you smoke it. That is what a good friend in Ethiopia has described it as.
I agree 100%
ULMW is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:45 AM #47
ULMW

8th Wk Indoors Ethiopian

Getting closer indoors Ethiopian at 8th week of Flowering.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	INDOORS ETHIOPIAN 8WK FLOWERING    .jpg
Views:	145
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	408579 Click image for larger version

Name:	ETHIOPIAN INDOORS 8TH WK FLOWERING.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	408580 Click image for larger version

Name:	ETHIOPIAN INDOORS 8WK LOWER BUDS.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	408581 Click image for larger version

Name:	8WEEK FLOWERING INDOORS ETHIOPIAN SATIVA.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	408582 Click image for larger version

Name:	ETHIOPIAN INDOORS 8WEEK FLOWERING.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	408583

ULMW is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:41 PM #48
Mephorius

Mephorius has a spectacular aura aboutMephorius has a spectacular aura aboutMephorius has a spectacular aura aboutMephorius has a spectacular aura about
What a monster!
Mephorius is offline Quote

Old 04-22-2017, 02:47 PM #49
Siever

Siever is a name known to allSiever is a name known to allSiever is a name known to allSiever is a name known to allSiever is a name known to allSiever is a name known to allSiever is a name known to allSiever is a name known to allSiever is a name known to allSiever is a name known to allSiever is a name known to all
Seems very tempting to grow, just like so many other African strains. I just finished a Tropical seeds Ciskei. A very powerfull & uplifting strain! Also a very good taste & smell. I would describe it as piney & fresh hay.

Siever
Siever is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2017, 01:39 PM #50
ULMW

wk 9 ETHIOPIAN SATIVA INDOORS

Selamta!Greetings! Couple new photos as she is getting in final gear. Smells are up and so is resin production.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ETHIOPIAN SATIVA INDOORS WK 9 FLOWERING.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	409059 Click image for larger version

Name:	ETHIOPIAN SATIVA BUD INDOORS WK 9 .jpg
Views:	104
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	409060 Click image for larger version

Name:	ETHIOPIAN INDOORS WK 9.jpg
Views:	92