What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's the CLUBS not the GROWERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Yea, how many of you folks crying about how hard it is to water your tomatoes have actually RUN A DISPENSARY?

Why don't you guys put down your crops and open one of those for two years and then get back to your thread, because if you haven't done it, then obviously you don't know shit about it.

How come none of you tomato farmers have told me what you do DIFFERENTLY and more SPECIALLY which makes you DESERVE more than a REAL tomato farmer?

Do you have more pests, poisons, nutrients, harvest and packaging work that somehow commands $300 an ounce while migrant workers are making $5 an hour on their $2/lb tomatoes?

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Hands down, you are just a tight ass...that does not want to pay for what you get-- That is cool...my Dad was like that...he HATED that gas went up to 50 cents a gal..and that his house payment went to $160 a month!!
There are too many "if's" in you scenario-- It just doesn't work--
Grow your own, or STFU...and buy other ppl's weed--:tiphat:

OKay... GREAT EXAMPLE HERE.

When I started driving gas was $1.25 a gallon.

I would sit in my car asking friends for $5 to go where they needed to go.

And they would complain. They would cry. They would say "But the bus only costs..."

And I would point to my insurance, my brakes, the potential of accident, plus the cost of gas.

The whole time, I would be sitting there thinking "shit, gas is FUCKING CHEAP, I can go 30 miles in this 2000lb vehicle and carry 4 friends with me while we sit on our asses and it only costs a couple bucks. This shit should cost like $10 a gallon"

So, yea, some shit in life comes cheaper than others.

I bet you its a hell of a lot harder (and more dangerous) to harvest crude oil, process it to refined high octane gasoline, transport it across the world, and put it in a gas pump to sell to me for almost $100 for a FULL TANK (22gallons)... its still a steal compared to the price of weed.

WEED AND GAS GET BURNED UP JUST ABOUT THE SAME RATE.

If you could grow and sell weed like fossil fuel (which you can't because Hemp is a direct competition to the fossil fuel market) you could afford to profit BILLIONS by selling your product DIRT CHEAP.

And MJ and Opium are basically LEGAL in Afghanistan, at least pre-conflict... There was NO ONE to inforce the CONSEQUENCES of PRODUCTION = LEGAL

Shipping the product is another story.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
...after soil, weather and strain selection, is the number 1 reason for outdoor crop loss. In most instances, we have led the rippers, the law, the ravenous deer or the occassional hiker right up to our wonderful plants.

A small discrete path started in May will look like someone drove a truck through the area by the end of september. I have spent years trying to find ways to avoid path making and its a very difficult endeavor. Going different routes only exacerbates the problem. Instead of 1 truck, it looks like a fleet drove through the area. Choppers full of law watch for these paths from above.

All creatures, including humans, will take the path of least resistance and if you make a path, all will want to follow. Why bust through the brush when someone has already created this wonderful path? If rippers have any clue as to the area you grow in, alls they have to do is show up and start following paths in the area. They'll hit the right one sooner or later.

I visit my plants 1 x every 10 days or so when they are small and every 3 weeks or so after they've become established. I always go after storms as a storm can lean the plant or cover it with other weeds and not making that adjustment can be significant come harvest time. But even with limited trips, the paths still exists.

1. Even though I cant really avoid the path, I can deter people or deer from taking it. I always try and block any path with small scrub trees ive cut and then make an opening under them that requires one to crawl if one intends to continue on the path. I then plant one of the native thorny vines we have here next to it and by July, the thing is entangled in a mesh of thorny vines that are almost inpenetrable. From that blocked point, I establish a second easy course path away from the direction of the plants. The intruder will instinctively prefer the easy path to the thorn covered crawl.

In thorn or blackberry groves, I will tie the tops of the thorny canes together during the winter, creating a tunnel below. In the summer, looking over the top of the vegetation doesn't reveal the access tunnel underneath the thorns and vines. Watch out for snakebites to the face when crawling especially in the dark if snakes live in your area.

2. For those like me that are not allergic to poison Ivy, this plant can be used as a deterent for humans. I have 4 cuttings of PI in my grow room as we speak, ready to be transplanted to around one of my grows. Even if the rippers find it, they are easily identified as the swollen
and welted bastards that live down the road.

Stinging nettles are easily spread if they are native to your area. Anyone with knowlege of outdoors will take a wide path around these plants and those who are unfamilar will become familar very quickly upon contact. You can wear long sleeves.

3. Ive had some luck with distractions. I have a grow area that when you follow the approach path, just as you are getting close, I have nailed 5 deer skulls and antlers to the tree in the opposite direction of the plants.. ( you can find these easily) There is a natural tendency when getting close to notice the unusual site and move toward it, and away from the plants. I then make a path from that point away from the plants because of the natural tendency to take the path of least resistence.

Psychology, blocking and crawling, vines and thorns, poisonous plants and distractions have been some attempts Ive made.

Im hoping someone will have others

Whats your strategy for avoiding this critical problem?

THIS IS WHY YOU GET TO CHARGE MORE THAN $10/hr.

Fools got to go out their way doing crazy shit to protect their crops. When you can sit at home on your porch with a shotgun for all the rippers to come and try their luck, the price will go DOWN.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
the USA DEA does crop eradication in Afghanistan since you like to bring that up so much.

remember paraquat? probably not.

dude you even said yourself one year of YOUR life to YOU is worth "a handful of blood diamonds". When years aren't at stake you can complain about how 'fair' the world is some more.

p.s. gas is 50 cents in Libya. I don't hear you bitching about that 800% markup. Hell, you think it should/could COST MORE!

This whole thread to me seems to be about nothing but greed. First let me explain what I mean, I grew pot because I love it, every aspect of it, I surround my life in marijuana because its my thing, its what I do. Somehow it seemed to be my destiny, now where I come from, a roach will get your ass a weekend in the slammer. More less growing... I have been caught growing and let me tell you I was lucky to not get prison time, cost me every dime i had but it saved my ass.

My point is that you people that have lived in Cali your whole life think that this is just how it is, Im suppose to be able to not work, grow weed and survive... Well everyone else saw that green light and said fuck it, so now its flooded. The original poster was talking about compassion for the man growing your meds, this is what I say to that is whre your meds better? or why should we buy yours over the new cali guys? Weed is weed, buyers dont really care who they buy from, they want what the y want, if they come in looking for master kush, they will leave with master kush. They dont care if dan or bob has lived in cali longer than the other, if its the same cut it comes down to price, if you cant handle the price, move. Im so sick o hearing rich ass California kids and mature growers alike bitching about the influx. Yall a bunch of spoild bastards, and this is the reason why your only getting 1600 an lb, because people like me who will actually appreciate that 1600 a lb jump on that all day long. Maybe your just not growin enough to suit the lifestyle you want?

Also I just saw someon saying something about the east coast peeps coming to get the weed.... Heres a million dollar idea... Because aparently airports in MMJ states are allowing MMJ as a carry on, plants and buds included. So why not Jjimmy sour puss take his "best weed in all of Cali" to Maine or some east coast mmj state????????????? Bet ya didnt think of that.... Call both airports to make sure there will be no confiscation, I would even record the conversation just in case they promise there will be no hassles and you buds get confiscated, you have a scape goat who will pay for your items

You people need to be thankful that you dont have to look over your shoulders, watch the skies, question friendship, ect... Think of how good you have it compared to Oklahoma.... Life for growing here, no bullshit. Its a game to yall but its life or death here, this isnt a joke for everyone like it is for Cali peeps, this is your freedom at stake.. years worth... and yall complain about getting 2g's an lb, legally... thats shameful... If it was 2g's illegally I could understand but you guys have full immunity, appreciate what you have. I will gladly trade my 9-5 here for you 1-2hr daily chore of watering and plant care...

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread seems to be dividing members into two groups now and those groups, I don't think, will ever agree on didly squat! I think the thread serves no purpose anymore than to encourage bad feelings, Thread Closed..DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts