What's new

Vending to clubs, what is it like for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Perpetual

I'm not pissing in your punch bowl - but your NOT YET DRIED BUD - so stated because you can't provide a dry one at this moment - soooooooo

one wet bud (big or little) will not draw much interest at any med suppy club I know of.

it may be different in your world

Dude that wet bud is not my sample I would drop off! xD that was an example for someone here to use their imagination on. I should have explained a bit. I thought it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to ask, seeing as there are other bubba growers on here who can imagine what a good or bad example of bubba looks like. Maybe then imagine it dried. because I've been off the boards for quite a while giving me no reason to take pictures, yeah, I don't have pics of that particular strain dried yet! What does that even mean?? What are you saying?

-Well, you deleted that, let me know and I'll delete this one.

Please just pm me, we can argue for hours I promise.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
First ya wana know all about sellin to clubs - like that's gona happen

Then your all tweeked about indoor and outdoor

and now your pissed caus I call your bud little and mentioned ya didn't have a fuckin dry one

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perpetual

First ya wana know all about sellin to clubs - like that's gona happen

Then your all tweeked about indoor and outdoor

and now your pissed caus I call your bud little and mentioned ya didn't have a fuckin dry one

KISS MY ASS YOU SCATTER BRAINED JACK ASS

Fantastic. :laughing:

P

Perpetual

Vending to clubs, what is it like for you?
Just wanted to hear some peoples experiences with vending to a cannabis club, or co-op. Good? Bad? Really want to hear it!

Vespatian

I have always sold to a broker, but am about to take a harvest directly to the clubs. I have a pretty good idea what to expect with regard to price, but I don't know:

1.) Will they pay in cash or check?
2.) Will they require info to 1099?

Thank you to any who can help.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Another question, not to get back to the indoor vs. outdoor stuff BUT

Many list indoor grown pricing and outdoor/greenhouse pricing and it is DIFFERENT so that should say something about the quality. If it was an apples/apples comparison then they would all be listed as BOMB then I would assume.

I will be contacting a few local clubs, found out there are now 5-10 in my area WHICH I was not aware of in the least BUT makes me excited to say the least. Issues I keep seeing is the quality and the business running ability of these clubs and their pricing which is causing issues around here.

Mid grade being sold as top shelf left and right BUT so far all I hear is that those selling to the clubs are getting MUCH less than what I would have figured (in the $2k/lb range) and then selling $65 1/8ths.

I assume that once some LEGIT top shelf gets offered around here HOPEFULLY they would pay more for it and downgrade the mids to ACTUAL mids pricing. Supply and demand for sure BUT also I don't know if the clubs around here really understand the quality differences versus just going off of the "Strain name" and hiking prices due to that alone.

Anyone have any thoughts on the contracts, paperwork or receipts that go alone with the sales as well? What type of tax issues will come from it? Would they in theory 10/99 it or would you need to sell it as a business to business transaction?

All I have heard in my neck of the woods is either they consign for "decent" pricing or they buy elbows for damn cheap. I have seen the quality though and see why the lower pricing but not sure if they would pay more for legit buds BUT will soon find out myself.

I have a question for current wholesalers to clubs as well,

When you go in there and speak with them what amount of a "Sample" do they usually ask for and how much paperwork is involved in each transaction?

One thing that worries me is, lets say they get raided and get everything confiscated. Wouldn't each suppliers contact information become available and potentially mean legal issues for you? For instance lets say there was a shady club owner doing illegal b.s. versus a 100% med club, couldn't that create issues for the suppliers as well? Maybe researching the business practices of an individual club might be something worth doing.

opt1c

Veteran
fwiw... clubs in cali will lowball the hell out of you if they find out your stuff is outdoor; or if you tell them; they'll think of every reason in the book to knock the price down.

also the main reason people think outdoor goes for less is that everyone pulls their crops at the same time and their either unwilling or unable to hold on to it for more than a month; hence everyone has pounds and pounds they're trying to get rid of at once; price goes through the floor... the nice thing about cali is that we love to smoke us some weed so that flood only lasts until about the end of april and then prices return to normal until late september

i know some growers who'll tell a club that their outdoor is indoor and it's so bomb the club can't tell the difference and pays them accordingly; personally i think that's misrepresentation of a product but that's neither here nor there

so in cali indoor goes for more than outdoor; in your state it may be different

as far as rocky mountain high goes perpetual; like all advice on the internet take it with a grain of salt; look at the posters previous posts....

medmaker420

Veteran
Makes perfect sense, if your outdoor is primo quality, dried, cured correctly then who would really know. Not a bad way to look at it and makes sense to ALWAYS say it was indoor grown.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
something to consider, the prices (vending) seem to be always in flux. What might have caught 4k -4.2k a few months ago is striking mostly around 3.3k to 3.5k now. At least in my area. Obviously there is no price cut for the consumer :wallbash:. the number of growers (for a number of reasons) seems to increasing. Still very little 'top shelf' meds though.

G

Greyskull

Makes perfect sense, if your outdoor is primo quality, dried, cured correctly then who would really know. Not a bad way to look at it and makes sense to ALWAYS say it was indoor grown.

my mentor likes to give his outdoor a 'military' trim he calls it... its like the buds are shaved rather than leaf trimmed away - the buds look super tight! he does drop the reimbursement level from top shelf indoor (4400) to mid level indoor (3200).

personally, i think it still smoked like outdoor... a little bit rougher (i guess thats the word) than the same cut he does indoors.

:wallbash:. the number of growers (for a number of reasons) seems to increasing. Still very little 'top shelf' meds though.

isn't that the truth?!?

opt1c

Veteran
a sample is usually worthless in my opinion; i've seen pounds where the sample nug looked it it came from a different planet when compared to the rest of the bag... the ol' humboldt shuffle... so it's usually buyer beware

i'll bring in zip for them to look at; if they want to sample it i'll just give them some nugs from the zip to smoke on, no scale, gotta give love to get love u know

as far as paperwork goes obama just got elected and we've been doing this for a minute now; no paperwork; cash only; throw away cells are a pain but if you're going to be anything more than a small fish in a big pond you might benefit from one although they are all stoners for the most part at the clubs so if you give them a number no matter how bomb your stuff is and how badly they want to call you back to get more there is a 99% chance a stoned employee misplaced or lost it so it helps to just drop by a couple days later to say hi and touch base... fwiw though when you go through the door of a club, unless they know you personally, you're going to have to show a script with id, all your info is there so just try to be a small fish... it helps to not grow or live at the address listed on your drivers license too

and rocky... really man... from your personal gallery i'm surprised you're going to call ANYONE out on their work

P

Perpetual

I can definitely agree with those saying call it indoor, though for myself, I'd have to be satisfied that it was up to par to try and pass it off. Let me ask you, isn't a greenhouse essentially the same as indoor? Say you had a garage with clear roof and lights. Are you going to call that indoor or greenhouse? What matters is nutrition, pH, air movement, light availability, temperatures, humidity levels, all of which are closely monitored and attended to in my grow.

I see what you are saying on the spring and autumn harvests and how it plays into supply and demand. I am more than willing to hold on to things for a while if need be, I have an easy and safe place to cure, things are burped regularly. I harvest once a month, that ought to keep me in good competition with the indoor guys, no?

On samples, I dropped off average sized buds, not the best and not the worst of the batch, and a dollop of bubble. I really like what you guys are saying though about maybe bringing in a little more, maybe starting off small with an ounce is a good idea. Spread the love sounds good to me.

medmaker420

Veteran
I think going in on the "off season" is a great idea, allows a solid cure for a few months to bring the quality up like crazy as well. I think them knowing it was cured for a solid amount might bring the price up as well versus sometimes "Wet" or "last weeks" harvest that I think is going around the clubs here.

Great thread for sure

Allows me to realize that I don't want to ever consign with any growers once I start my delivery business since that could be considered an insult PLUS I would enjoy not needing to "Cash them out" weekly or however else that might work, don't really want people begging for paydays especially in this business. Allows a business to "Call when we need it" and if that doesn't happen assume that there is no business to be done.

I am going to be delivery my own buds BUT think locating legit growers up and down the state as a worthwhile business expansion that would be worthwhile. Offer more strains, edibles, bubble and whatever else local growers might be doing. Spread the wealth so to speak AND have a larger assortment.

On the samples, my thought would be that any samples given (decent amounts) I would offer them as freebies to new patients and toss in a questionnaire to get their thoughts. Find out what the patients in my area are wanting and move the business towards their needs versus what I assume might be needed.

I am a med patient myself, arthritis and epilepsy and understand the need to provide quality meds AND at the same time, why not make a business of it and get my bills paid and enjoy my new found career.

Got to LOVE cali baby MINUS the gun laws lol.

On the paperwork, happy that isn't TOO over the top yet. That was the main reason I would not unload to clubs already, always worried about them getting busted and me going down with the ship due to them having my contact info and a note saying "he has some bomb ass shit and sells pounds for cheap" lol.....

blinx420

Dude now that I know how easy it is to make profits off growing and selling to clubs im going to invest heavily get legal set up an sale quality at cheap prices very helpful thread especially in this economy the way it is right now

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Greed is good. The more the merrier. The more greedy people that start up an op means more supply, which in turn means lower prices. Believe it or not.

G

Greyskull

Dude now that I know how easy it is to make profits off growing and selling to clubs im going to invest heavily get legal set up an sale quality at cheap prices very helpful thread especially in this economy the way it is right now

there are a lot of tom, dick, and harry's with the same intentions as you.

as Pythagllio stated, the more the merrier. more supply means lower prices. don't bring weak shit to market though.

good luck

JWH-018

I'm not in California anymore but I was until a couple of years ago and stay in touch. But advance notice if any of this is out of date.

In my OPINION you shouldn't settle for anything less than about 50% of what they'll sell it for. As everyone said many buyers will find 100 flaws and attempt to low ball you, but truth is if they really didn't like it they would just say no. That's not to say you can get 50% everywhere especially with ever increasing supply, but it's a good target. If you have trouble with it consider going to somewhere you know will retail it cheaper. If I'm going to settle for less I'd rather it not just be to line their wallets.

But you've gotta be pretty brutally honest about rating it yourself to have that work well. It was so common to see vendors running around town with average shit demanding 4k+ and getting pissed and storming out. But once you have sold a # stop back in a few days later and see what they're selling it for and how it's selling. That'll give you a good idea of what your real market is.

I may have had a better experience than most, but I liked using a broker. He took about 400 a p on average but he knew the buyers and the market that day and could usually get a bit more than I would have. I hated driving around, dealing with picky picky as a negotiating technique and the vibe many of the shops had. If you are well established or always have the bomb or are everyone's friend I'm sure it's a waste, but it was very worth it for me.

Here in Colorado it's similar, but the attitude is toned down a bunch. The buyers aren't all used car salesmen, but they aren't all the best at grading. It can be frustrating to see someone getting the same price as you for under dry or medium trim and see it gather dust at $60/8th

We, Area 51, are looking into taking our op to a med state to become a vendor. in either Rhode Island, Oregon, Cali, Vermont, Maryland, Washington, Maine, or New Mexico. We are even considering Europe. We are trying to come up with the pros and cons between each of the states. What are some steps involved into becoming a vendor? and having a commercial setup? and setting up our own P.C.C.? We want to be legit growing, breeding, and have our own line of dispensaries. We also want to be in the right spot to do this...

JWH-018

You should do a little research before you build your empire, as I think only one on your list would that be at all possible, and it isn't legal there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts