What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

h.h.

Veteran
How an International Man of Mystery Scammed My Grandma

My 91-year-old grandmother leapt into action the moment I called to tell her I was in jail and needed $3,000 wired instantly. Only problem: It wasn’t me.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...y-scammed-my-grandma?utm_source=pocket-newtab

They tried that on my mom.
She was starting to read her credit card off and I stopped her. Hung up the phone.
She said she thought it was my nephew and they needed an international bond. Whatever the hell that is.

St. Phatty

rod runs/car shows/street drag racing all. Friday Night "run what you drove here in" racing at Bristols' Thunder Valley. not really "rural"...:)

I want them to start a MacGyver category.

I was snowed in and had to make a battery cable out of a hose clamp and some copper wire.

Plus I have 2 do it yourself windshield wipers.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I want them to start a MacGyver category.

I was snowed in and had to make a battery cable out of a hose clamp and some copper wire.

Plus I have 2 do it yourself windshield wipers.

that would be cool. i've pulled a tractors wiring harness off a barn wall before & got my toasted jeep down off of a mountain before, wrapped a split brake tubing with inner tube strips & hose clamps, and fixed a ruptured radiator with juicy fruit gum & super glue. that fix was still in place when i sold the jeep...:tiphat:

X

xavier7995

Worm grunting is another way to get worms to come up out of the ground. Sopchoppy is a little ways down the road from here and they have a festival every year. We used to use a wooden stake and a brick to vibrate the stake.

Ha, learn something new every day. I had to explain noodling/hand fishing to my kid the other day as I tried to sell him on the idea of going fishing.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I got this when searching that link - 'Our European visitors are important to us.
This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.'

*ah - but I saw the article earlier in the Mail : https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-Tennessee-man-court-lights-joint-judge.html - and that's my feel-good story of the day -

h.h.

Veteran
I got this when searching that link - 'Our European visitors are important to us.
This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.'

*ah - but I saw the article earlier in the Mail : https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-Tennessee-man-court-lights-joint-judge.html - and that's my feel-good story of the day -

https://www.gofundme.com/f/1vr6yp9q...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

X

xavier7995

So not sure where to put this as its 1st worldy as fuck. There needs to be a serious decline in middle aged men toting around their own personal electronic scooter. You look fucking stupid carrying a scooter on the train while wearing a suit. By all means, rent one downtown to zip around on, but to go to the level of getting your own...wtf.

Gry

I deal with buses more than trains.
What bothers me with respect to public transportation are things which impede timely flow.
So far it is only only a handful of young people I see towing and tending the beasts.
What I have come to dread are the wheeled walkers with seats that elderly ladies like to use.
When there are four or less, it is workable. Anything more than four, and it gets real tight for
all concerned.
Rough to see elderly often disabled women being asked wait as the younger and ...

X

xavier7995

I am a big advocate for public transit where feasible. Lots of stuff drive me nuts about both the trains and buses though, buses are the worst for all the normal reasons.

As odd as it is, I appreciate that the trains have cops on them. They just enforce fares and kick off crazies. The free riders kinda bug me as our transit system is kinda broke and really needs the fare money to keep operating.

h.h.

Veteran
I always appreciated the guys in the towers. They would tell you which trains were going where, where they slowed down at, and at what time. Then they’d fill you full of coffee while you waited.
I was waiting one day by the tracks when a railroad guy approached, flashed a badge, told me I couldn’t hop the trains, besides if I went a block over that’s where they slowed down. He told me not to go there before giving me directions.