What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are they sick?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
It says not for plant use "agriculture use"

That means not used for plants and I bet from a pharmacy it's used as a medication or something.

so do NOT use it; it's not for plants.

Get some sand on top of your plant and get some no pest strips for now until the one from america arrives; it will slow them down and help stop the adults from laying larva with the ones that get trapped on the strips.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
ok photo system up again so i'll update:

- In like 7-10 days no fungus gnats has been seen. Neither flying, nor in the no-pest strips.

- The plants got HUGE. Sorry if i ask again, but for the 13th the new grow room, with a 400 W CMH will be ready, can i put them into flower?

Ok now some photos:

Here some leaves i trimmed. I have been right to take them away or i should i have kept them?

Ladies:

Is this nute burn?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
MynameStitch said:
From the first pic it looks like they are getting burned just a bit; back off on the amount of the nutrients..... also one is showing magnesium in one of it's leaves; fungus gnats are not helping it either as they rob the plant of nutrients.....

if you look online for fungus gnat killer it will work as long as it's safe for edible plants; not sure what products you have which is why I am telling you what it needs to say.

You missed my post?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
You missed my post?

no no:

a) I Gave small ammounts of mag every watering (around 0.25 ml/L) and i've seen my plants getting better. I won't give it anymore because it looks like they are ok now.

Or should i give more?

b) I backed the nutrients by 30%, i was just asking so next time i'll recognize by myself nutrients burnt.

c) did i done well to trim some leaves?

d) Tomorrow i'll go in my local hydroshop and order trough them some go gnats. I won't order by myself because i don't feel to order and make it shipping to my house.
Anyhow it will take from 10 to 15 days. Can't i put them in flowering in the meanwhile or they will turn hermie?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
I would not have trimmed those leaves; the plant would have dropped them if they did not need them...... the only time you want to trim is when you are getting ready for flower, or you are trying to do a scrog grow or trying to train your plants.

You should never remove leaves if the leaves are at least 40% green.

If you don't see any flying ones around, fix the nute burn first and then wait a few days then put them into flowering. Cause you will have to give them a little bit of water to flush out the excess nutrients, but not much...... so next time they need a watering after you flush them you can put them into flowering.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
I would not have trimmed those leaves; the plant would have dropped them if they did not need them...... the only time you want to trim is when you are getting ready for flower, or you are trying to do a scrog grow or trying to train your plants.

yeah i'm warring about this: I've never grown before, so i was wondering how the buds will grow.

Now many leaves are very close, and often if two leaves touch themselves i found some (not so much) water on the lower touching leaf.

My flower box will be bigger, but the canopy will still be very dense. Won't this produce some bud mold? What can i do?

You should never remove leaves if the leaves are at least 40% green.

So, if they are like 30% can i remove them? or i should keep them anyway till the plants drop them?

If you don't see any flying ones around, fix the nute burn first and then wait a few days then put them into flowering. Cause you will have to give them a little bit of water to flush out the excess nutrients, but not much...... so next time they need a watering after you flush them you can put them into flowering.

Sorry bro, i didn't understand, have i to flush or not?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
You can control your bud mold, you can the most dense buds you want..... but you have to control your humidity; if you can't control it then you can't grow your buds very dense......

If there is less then 30 % green remove them if they were damaged by growers error.... if it's not growers error do NOT remove them..... the plant will decide to remove them.

I would water with a little bit of water to flush out the salts built up in the mixture.... after that wait about a week and put them into flowering......

Ease up on the amount of nutrients you are using for now......

G

Good save Stitch! g.a. don't worry too much, your plants are gonna survive just fine. About leaves, Stitch is right. Sometimes I have to weigh the situation and decide whether or not the plant's gonna really need that leaf. When you talk about leaves, you get into the whole source and sink thing and that hurts my head so I won't.

Think of the leaves like the lymph nodes on our body. Lymph nodes are used to fight the nearest infection ABOVE them first and general infection second, sort of, in really simplified terms. Leaves take care of the closest above them also. I know it's a loose association but it's all I got right now, lmfao.

Leaves are most often directly opposed to each other and are there for the portion of the plant that's above them. So if I've got a shitty looking leaf (Stitch, you told me I could talk this way), I'll take it if I've got a viable one across from it. Make any sense. I've done it this way and the plants don't seem to care that much.

Stitch is also right about not going haywire with the pruning shears during flower. This may send the wrong message to the plant and cause it to start new bud growth. Or worse, go bananas, hehe.

Really hope this helps. I've been sampling the recipe a little right now and it would sort of bum me out if I was typing gibberish. I'm gonna trust the weed and go ahead and press "post" lmfao.

BTW

g.a, MynameStitch is a woman. But she'll answer to bro without bringin it up.

Peace

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
i apologize again with stich :D:D

Sorry young lady :D:D

And thanx to Mojo and MyNameIs

Anyhow some updates:

I toke my plants to do some training. I like to sit close to them and play with them :D

Anyhow i did a BIG mistake!!!!!!! :'( :'( :badday: :badday: :badday:

I was training my ladies and a small stem got cut off... it's a clear cut, very well done, at the base close to the main stem. Will this turn my lady an hermie?? :(:(

I hope this won't
:badday: :badday: :badday: :badday:
It was my better looking lady :'(

Anyhow here's another problem: Some leaves died:

Here the leaves:

:(:(

may be different reasons:

a) i cut them, as the little stem, while training the ladies

b) i erroneously poured some water+nutes on the leaf

c) They didn't get enough light, they are just below some VERY dense canopy... could this kill the leaf?

d) Some fungus?

I've seen this that can add some relevance to the fungus theory:

on the main stem. Could be fungus?

Some tips are still swing, is this a ph issue? i've always kept the ph beetwen 5.78 and 5.92

Anyhow some photos of the ladies:

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, sorry about that gram; your thread was on page 2 and I did not see it which is why I did not post to your thread; sorry about that. If you don't get a response just post with the word "bump" in it; that boosts your thread near the top; the forum works like whoever just posted the threads will get pushed in order to the first page and the people who post's after them in different threads, the forum will push the thread 1,2,3,4 and so on.....

Ya, the leaves that died; I knew they were going to die; they normally do when a lot of them get burned the way they do; I just let the plant natrually drop them or near drop them, because then they are done with them.

It could have been caused by either the nutrients, or you cutting the stem.

As for the bumps, is that picture taken to near the bottom of the plant near the coco?
If so, that is normal; they get bumpy like they; it's from them trying to grow roots and then changes it's mind lol.
It looks like it was taken near the coco, so as long as it's not spreading to above the plant I would not worry about it and it's not fungus if it does not spread.

What do you mean by tips swelling?
As for the picture of the leaves that died; that was caused by nutrient burn and a combination of pH swings; that is natural for a affected leaf like that to die; can't be helped once it gets affected and does not stop it right away; most of the leaf was affected.

Last edited:

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
Ya, sorry about that gram; your thread was on page 2 and I did not see it which is why I did not post to your thread; sorry about that. If you don't get a response just post with the word "bump" in it; that boosts your thread near the top; the forum works like whoever just posted the threads will get pushed in order to the first page and the people who post's after them in different threads, the forum will push the thread 1,2,3,4 and so on.....

don't warry :D:D

As for the bumps, is that picture taken to near the bottom of the plant near the coco?
If so, that is normal; they get bumpy like they; it's from them trying to grow roots and then changes it's mind lol.
It looks like it was taken near the coco, so as long as it's not spreading to above the plant I would not worry about it and it's not fungus if it does not spread.

Yeah it's close to the coco and fades away the more you get far from the soil. It looks like the roots stimulants worked :D:D

What do you mean by tips swelling?

sorry, swinged, like the the leaf goes in one direction, but the tip change direction of of 90° degrees. But it's just one leaf.

I chopped erroneously this:

Do you think this will hermie my plant? :(:( :badday:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
It all depends it's up to the plant if it will hermie, adding more stress to the plant increases it's chances, but does not mean it will.

Strain has to do with a huge factor, you can grow a perfect grow and still get hermies.........

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
bad news :(

I didn't listen to Stich and i didn't a proper flush :(

Now i have a reliable source for RO water and i flushed each lady with 5 liter (10 total) of 5.8@100 ppm water+cannazym...

the water got out 600 ppm@ 6.2 one, 6.5 the other... why is it so high? :badday: :badday:

Anyhow i take out all the water from the bottom shelves to prevent any fungus gnats to develop...

I'm going to flush again, to stabilize the ph and lower the outgoing ppm. I won't put them into flower room till their bottom water is ok.

How much water should i use? Is ok if i don't feed them? if the water out is @600 ppm it means they are plenty of nutes, aren't they?

I'm going to do it on sunday evening because on the weekend i'm REALLY busy...

Last edited:

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Ok. Some updates:

I checked the plants 2 hours ago and the growth EXPLODED. The growth of the main stem is stopped, but the lateral stems GROW HUGE. Some of them growth so much that they broke the cord that were constraining them. Whoa, it looks like they appreciated the flush.

So i take them out, i trained them and i flushed them.

5.5 liters of water each, 50 ppm@5.8 ph.

The water out was 350 ppm@6.6 one, 6.5 ph the other plant... :(

why is the outgoing ph so high? :(:(:( :(:(:( what can i do?

Anyhow i chopped two leaves that were giving me some problems due to the lack of space... And some leaves that were chopped off just by a very very soft pull...

Here the photos:

See some necrosis black spots:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=512323&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

Here an overall look at the plants:

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
as you can see from the photos there's just a slight Mg def still there... i've been giving in all the last watering 0.25 ml/L of Mg... have i to raise the dose?

one last thing: I emptied the bottom shelves, to prevent any fungus gnats coming again...

Last edited:

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
I think this became my grow diary :D:D

Today the new room has been set up... The ladies have been moved and tomorrow morning they are going to get the first hour of dark in their whole life :D:D:D:D

Just a pic... Now i'm going with a 400 W HPS-agro from sylvania... as soon as the bulb will arrive i'll switch to a CMH

Edit: there's a bug in the image system. Click on the image to see it for real.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
I would most DEFINATLY move that light if you can; because you will get light bleaching on your plants if you don't