What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acapulco Gold (1973) Documentary... Great Video...

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you got a spare hour and a fat joint...
Pull up a bucket and watch what has to be the coolest
old school documentary I've seen in many a moon.....

Acapulco Gold (1973)

We just called it hemp...
Never knew it was that marijuana these kids are calling it now....
Classic....

So $50 a kilo...
Thats ok...
I think I'll go up to Acapulco...
I can get kilos for $30 up there and it's the super weed...

Classic x 2....

Love this Video...

Great tunes as well....

:rtfo:

That Acapulco Gold...
Me and Martha took a honeymoon
Below the border 'neath the silvery moon
She was eighteen and I was twenty-two
Now we're just a-doin' what the young folks do

We're goin' south to get that Acapulco Gold
Ain't nothin' it can't fix
Old dogs can learn new tricks
When the streets are lined with bricks of Acapulco Gold

We 'bout decided against the whole thing
But then we thought that we ought to swing
Figured that the southland held the keys
To cure these cotton pickin' sniffles and sneeze

When the streets are lined with bricks of Acapulco Gold

Zig zag pottum wottum diddum woddum doo
Hey diddle diddle twenty three skidoo
Me and Martha sure had fun
Acapulco Gold for everyone

When the streets are lined with bricks of Acapulco Gold​
:party:

Another member posted this Video on another thread and im to stoned to remember where,but Im so stocked he did....

Had to share.... :ying:

Clive

Theirs an even better one that used to be on youtube called Sold American. it was about 40mins long and it was made in the 70s. I cant find it anywhere on youtube now but it was really really good.

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Theirs an even better one that used to be on youtube called Sold American. it was about 40mins long and it was made in the 70s. I cant find it anywhere on youtube now but it was really really good.

Feel free to share if you come across it...

:lurk:

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Took a look for Sold america and no luck yet,found a classic clip...

picture.php

View image in gallery

No man,It's weed...

Easy Rider - Joints & Venusians

Evolution of the 1st high... Caught on 7 minutes of film...
What a good actors...

Puff,puff,pass....

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
I can't believe those rippers in AcapulcoGold were stealing hemp at the farms and selling it for smoking.
Just horrible people.

Clive

Feel free to share if you come across it...

:lurk:

iv just had a look for it all i can find is the trailer on youtube. I also did a quick google and all I can find was some guy trying to sell it for 100 dollars. Bit cheeky if you ask me. Iv tried posting the link to the youtube trailer but its not letting me for some reason. it follows a bunch of young growers growers in the 70s who decided to fuck of the big city and get up into the hills. it used to be shown on tv if remember the comments on youtube correctly. You see some fantastic sativa plants. The only way I can find it on youtube is if i type in cannabis documentary Sold American. Im pissed of i cant post it on here as its an excellent piece of work for its time.

that's nuts around the 17/18' mark where they are just hackin' down pot trees, and stuffing them in garbage bags, lol

and the kid gettin' high in the 38'.....lol

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
cool old film. when I was 11 or 12 we picked something like wild hemp and dried it inside a pillowcase in the dryer.
drank MD 20/20 and smoked that crap until I puked.

never drank that mad dog again…

if you didn't smoke weed back then you should probably watch an episode of StrainHunters instead lol.

P

Pinnate

I grew AG in the '80s and the memories are still sharp! It was slightly shorter, slimmer and lighter coloured than the bagseed sativas!
Pistils were very large and snow-white so that it looked like it had snowed, initially, and soon became a golden yellow which extended into the buds!
I loved the unusual smell which was warm and enticing, but liked the high most of all!
'Never had smoke like it, before ─ you could feel the very first toke get you high and my wife and I had a head flying effect hit us simultaneously so that we cried out in surprise in unison!

I'm hoping someone will resurrect the pure strain ─ Luis from ACE perhaps . . .

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Call it hens tooth. 4-5 month flower. Pure sativa came out of some quality mexican brick weed a few years back. Pics in my gallery next to the water bottle. Trying to post pics from my phone

Call it hens tooth. 4-5 month flower. Pure sativa came out of some quality mexican brick weed a few years back. Pics in my gallery next to the water bottle. Trying to post pics from my phone

LOL...first time I've heard the words "quality" and "mexican brick weed" used in the same sentence.

idiit

Veteran
LOL...first time I've heard the words "quality" and "mexican brick weed" used in the same sentence.
^ won't be the last. just 'cause it's compressed doesn't mean that the genetics suck. they gotta get it up here.

there are more than one south American tokers actively sourcing seeded landrace buds down south and making the beans available after a seed run. great idea imo. so many great landraces including ag.

one of these guys says he has Acapulco gold beans available but hasn't yet responded to my inquiries re source, potency, high effects, pics. etc....

I anticipate many more ppl in areas of esteemed landrace genetics following suit; great way to make $, and/or preserve the heirlooms.

padrone

I second idiit the problem is the harvesting dates and curing techniques... nothing wrong with alot of the actual genetics

idiit

Veteran
got my Acapulco gold beans yesterday from fritzman.

Thanks a lot for your interest in my work, here is the answer to your q.:
My Acapulco Gold came to me from teh hands of Kermal Kosmic a.k.a. Preservation Dude (Gary) who passed away in 2006 and may his soul rest in piece. I miss him a lot and the talk we had, he also sent me purple haze original one from the 70´s and other lines like Thai stick and his creation made out of with crossing with Super Skunk he named this cross as Redman Skunk.

These are fresh seeds of AG like I said I have to grow her back again.

Cheers
L.
post below re redman:

I wonder if that's the same Redman Skunk created by the late Preservation Dude from CannabisWorld. I believe The 3lbs/Flintstoners were fooling around with it for awhile but it was a long time ago
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=237752&highlight=redman+skunk

Yet another line that has potential to be a rks line. Its an older stable cross of an old superskunk with a thai. Unfortunately the redman the breeder (aka cosmic camel, preservation dude) is no longer with us.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=929284&highlight=%22preservation+dude%22#post929284

, Redman Skunk, mullumbiby madness.....
i was given a box of seeds from a friend, who was related to an old grower in NorCal who had passed away some five years ago. I wasnt told much about the seeds or the grower except that they were getting old and that the grower was a "fixture" up north. So I get the box home and start going through the collection. Strains like Oaxacan, MM, Redman Skunk, Cohiba, Solola, Colombia gold, Burmese, Paraguyan, Manga Rosa, Punta Roja and more. Some are labeled with who sent them and who received them. The senders are all different but the recipient is the same on all that are labeled. KERNAL KOZMIC aka Preservationdude! What are the chances!! I knew this dude!!! Not in real life but online. I had read some of his posts and even remembered reading about his passing away. Any how. The list of seeds is pretty long. Lots of old school landraces, Skunk #1 from 1988 and many many crosses.

I'd love to hear from Dubi, Charlie and a few other guy that I know he worked with. The list of seeds is long so I'll get to posting it as soon as I can.
user_offline.gif

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3518591&highlight=kernal+kozmic#post3518591