What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE STOP SMOKING SUPPORT GROUP

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wsup Rib n Sleestack. The first couple days were hell.
Now its smooth sailing. The only effect I'm feeling now is lack of sleep.

Just like whiterabbit said, after 4 or 5 days, it just gets easier.

I'm harvesting a crop tonite, so I hope I dont have a relapse!

MARLO

opt1c

Veteran
i'm thinking about taking a break... i have no reason to other than to take one; i've been smoking daily for more years than i can remember at this point

being surrounded by bud, hash, bongs, papers, pipes, lighters, and a vaporizer all day makes it really really hard to do that though

u guys put all your glass and whatnot away? or just willpower alone?

Ribsauce

Wsup Rib n Sleestack. The first couple days were hell.
Now its smooth sailing. The only effect I'm feeling now is lack of sleep.

Just like whiterabbit said, after 4 or 5 days, it just gets easier.

I'm harvesting a crop tonite, so I hope I dont have a relapse!

MARLO

thanks for the encouragment man and i hope your harvesting goes well...you got this man by the time you get ready to smoke again those buds will have a wonderful cure on and it'll be all the sweeter since you had to wait for it

Opt1c haha yea man i got shit laying all around me at the moment and i got two bongs chillin under my computer desk right now as i type haha... i actually have a couple buddies over atm and just packed up some sour d for them and just the smell of the smoke seems to calming my stomach kinda weird isnt it??

sleestack

02.17 and wide awake! hehe
U got some willpower Rib! first thing tomorrow, im cleaning shit up!
Got to stash away the roor and papers, just looking at it makes me wanna smoke...

opt1c

Veteran
f'it... i'm on my last bowl now; time for a break

at least i got me a support group ;)

wonder if i'll have to stop signing my posts with this icon :joint: ?

Joeski

I myself have gotta begin the process in the next few days to have a break too.. got a job on interstate and really need my head screwed on tight.. plus yeah just needa clear my head out too, up to about 3 -4 grams a day myself, havent had a day off smokin in god knows how long i can remember (this is the normal cycle)... the first week is always a bastard... constant cravings, fuck all apetitie, hunger pains , not being able to get decent nights sleep followed by nightmares cause u get ur dreams back, the sweats and not too mention a pritty hardcore irritability towards everyone that rubs u the wrong way.. not looking forward to this.. but must concur with most here after that initial week things do get better, life starts to seem a whole better and the clarity of the mind is brilliant.. anyways enuff ramblings... all the best with your break Marlo and too any other ICers who are having a break...

sleestack

Luckily for me, seatrout-season is right around the corner:)
Fishing is good therapy for tortured souls..hehe;)

THC Angel

Shit, that's one of the huge perks. When I get baked morning day and night, I won't dream at all. AT ALL!
As soon as I stop using mj, dreams just about every night.

Usually when I smoke I do not remember either my dreams, or just a little. But when I stop smoking (it is very rare lol) I realize that I remember very well of my dreams, it is blatant.

UPDATE:

I want a cigarette so fucking bad!!! THE URGE IS UNCONTROLABLE!!!

smoking-man.jpg

(Kind of looks like he's smoking a joint!)

I've tried hard to keep up with this, I was the 6th posting on this thread (I hope you've been good with your break Marlo!) but man the urge does not go away. Especially when you enjoy doing it.

I know cigarettes will kill me. I know it will make me look a little older above my time, my cuts don't heal as fast, my lungs kinda hurt once in awhile in the morning, I have a shortness of breath when playing basketball - BUT DAMNIT I LOVE IT!!!

I love having a cigarette! Damn you tabacco companies for killing me and making me enjoy it.

Again - I hope you've been steady with your break Marlo. It's tough and you've got others that are trying to grind it out with you.

T

tokinafaty420

Prior to the 20th, my birthday by the way, I had been on a 3 month break from smoking. I decided that I would smoke for my birthday. I put away some Apollo 11 I harvested late November just for the occasion. Found myself floating through outer space and to sum it up it was amazing. I ended up smoking the rest of the week and even smoked today. I can no longer obtain that high as it didn't take too long for my tolerance to get back up there. I also noticed my cannabis usage has gone from like >1.0grams to... well lets just say I'm beyond 2 grams today already lol and it isn't even dinner time.

Tomorrow I plan on taking another break from smoking to destroy the tolerance again. Not sure how long, might be 2 weeks, maybe a full month. Just chiming in and saying I'm about to join you.

T

tokinafaty420

SoCaliSmoker, I can only imagine looking up images of someone else smoking will cause some kind of withdrawal. Why torture yourself?

SoCaliSmoker, I can only imagine looking up images of someone else smoking will cause some kind of withdraw. Why torture yourself?

LOL!

I live in a house where my brother smokes cigarettes (he's a disrespectful asshole, he smokes them IN the house) and all my buddies smoke too! I was online right now and my brother opened my door to ask me if he could wear one of my ties this weekend (for my cousins wedding) and the smell of his cigarette, plus being on this thread made the urge hit me big time.

Cigarette smells, driving in my car, after I eat, if I have an alcoholic drink, if I'm waiting for someone, regardless of what I do I always want a cigarette. I AM ONLY HUMAN!! and this is killing me slowly..........

opt1c

Veteran
shit i'm on a weed forum trying to stop smoking weed; not the easiest thing to do but thankfully i still get to grow it

as far as stopping the smoking of cigs goes; here is how i quit....
EVERYTIME i wanted a cig i smoked a j... everytime... everytime... u get high enough to get past the physical withdrawl/cravings and after awhile u forget why u were smoking in the first place

obviously this won't work for everyone as u need a LOT of weed and a friendly area/space in which to toke all the time

T

tokinafaty420

I'm sure glad I never got addicted to smoking tobacco. I've been through plenty of packs, but I never got to the point where I would say I was addicted. Although I never was a person who would go through one pack a day let alone two like some people claim. A pack lasted me about 4 days.

@opt1c: I hear ya man. Probably won't be visiting the forums all that much over the next break. I can do just fine by putting my stash and smoking stuff away. I find it hard however looking a dried bud shots and plants nearing harvest. The images bring back those familiar smells and before I know it I'm debating with myself why I should or shouldn't be smoking. lol :joint:

Years ago I used to smoke weed and have a Menthol cigarette to pick my high up. When I applied for a job (that required a piss test) I gave up smoking weed temporarily but had an occasional cigarette. It made me feel better about going back to weed and I only smoked because it made my high better.

Well I ended up quitting smoking weed for like 6-7 months but I didn't give up my cigarette habit. One or two every here and there went to about 4 or 5 a day. To 10 a day. To one every hour. To one every half an hour. To two packs a day EASY. Now I am the literal definition of what a "junkie" would be to Heroin. (Minus the selling my body for a cigarette, stealing money, or shooting needles part - LOL) but cigarettes kicked my ass quick.

I knew my body needed a break but I can't believe how hard it is. The only reason I gave the Heroin example above was because that's what they relate it too. They say that quitting cigarettes is like quitting Heroin. The withdrawls are incredible because of the Nicotine addiction and they are absolutely right!

Ribsauce

Luckily for me, seatrout-season is right around the corner:)
Fishing is good therapy for tortured souls..hehe;)

yup im waiting on trout here too but theres still snow on the damn ground ahhhh... i just wish i could get outside and start diggin holes for this years outdoor or just explore for a couple more locations but its just disgusting outside where im at right now... todays my third day and although my stomach is still grumbling and i have almost no appetite its not as bad as yesterday... hoping tomorrows a little better too... well good luck everyone im off to look at pics of weed that i cant smoke haha