What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE STOP SMOKING SUPPORT GROUP

Bozo

Good luck to ya all what ever yer reason .I have quit over the last 30 years numerous times,anyone notice you remember your dreams soon after you stop?I have confirmed this effect with other friends over the years,just wondering if any of you notice the same thing

Shit, that's one of the huge perks. When I get baked morning day and night, I won't dream at all. AT ALL!
As soon as I stop using mj, dreams just about every night.

ka0tik_kreati0n

♥-_-~Praying the Lord my soul to keep~-_-&#9
Veteran
I don't remember my dreams when I'm not stoned... lol when I go to bed, I dream these vivid dreams, and in the morning I remember the dreams.... so its opposite for me

Good luck to ya all what ever yer reason .I have quit over the last 30 years numerous times,anyone notice you remember your dreams soon after you stop?I have confirmed this effect with other friends over the years,just wondering if any of you notice the same thing

I used to have them all the time!! LMAO!!! If I took a break longer than 10 days from weed, I always dreamed I got high with my friends. AND I ACTUALLY FELT MY HIGH IN MY DREAM. Marijuana is a trip! LOL

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to know I'm not alone here. Today is day five for me and is not one of the easier days.
These 5 days off have been great for my asthma. I should've done this a long time ago.

As far as dreams go, I haven't noticed a difference myself. I'll see what happens tonite.

MARLO

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
Marlo,

I have quit smoking cigs, drinking alcohol, and smoking weed 15 years
ago. I just stopped. I was 24 at the time and knew that it will be a
really hard thing, especially quitting all three.

I simply used "truth" to quit. In other words I told myself that
some days I will feel like shit and will want to go back to doing one,
two, or even all three of these things.

Little by little, day by day, ir got easier and easier, and after about
a year I didn't want to do any of these things anymore.

About four years ago I went on vacation to The Netherlands, in my
own can, since I live only a day drive on the autobahn. Stopped
in Enschede, a small city in the Netherlands, not far from the
German border. Bought 5 grams white widow in CS Cafe Mix.

Since then I have smoked plenty of weed and hash, but when I am
not in the Netherlands, I don't smoke weed at all, and don't want to.

I also smoked plenty of pure coke (not crack) when I was 23, and
stopped that shit, because no matter how much I smoked of that
shit, it was never enough, even if the high was fabulous.

We use amonia and coke powder to make our own "rock" and when
it was finished we were all on our knees crawling around looking on
the carpet in case a small rock fell on the floor while we had our
plates full of made rock in the beginning of the night.

Qutting smoking coke was the same, I just stopped cold turkey, and
put up with the horrible desire to go buy some and smoke ASAP. This
feeling went away after a while, and I have never touched coke
after that.

Currently my only bad habit is coffee, and this I will quit in the future
because if I don't drink it by 2pm I start to get a headache, and this
is not something that I really like. Being dependent on a substance
is not something that I want to live with.

If you have a reason why you are quitting, it is much easier, for
example I did it for health reasons. I felt like shit when I was 24
because I smoke 2 packs of cigs, drank alcohol on a regular basis,
and plus smoked weed on a daily basis.

A year after stopping I started to feel really great, and never want
to ever feel like I did so many years ago.

Now I eat healthy food, drink plenty of water, and use cardio
training and weight training on a daily basis.

I will admit that I do dream about starting to grow cannabis, and
obviously when I start I will "vape" my end-product, since it is the
healthiest way to inhale it.

But, the funny thing is that I want to grow weed for the sake of
growing it, and not simply to get high off it. I also dream about
breeding different strains and making new hybrids. It is only a matter
of time until I start doing this, and will never stop. To make this a
reality I will move to Spain in the near future, since this is the best
country in the European Union to do this, at least imo.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i think about it every once in a while after smoking with my friends and they get trashed on my shit and im just buzzed ,so i do think about it, just so i can get trashed easily again lol

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
I have a Electronic cigarette to help me quit you can slowly lower your nicotine level and still be able to smoke... it is like a little mini vaporizer ... with no tars, additives and extra plant mater ... just water glucose and nicotine or no nicotine if you chose

http://greensmoke.com/

it expensive to start but after initial cost is cheaper then smokes

Charybdis

I quit smoking cigs about six months ago; had smoked for the better part of 15 years.. It was a bit different for me though. I'd started smoking Drum handrolls way back around 1995.

The Drum you can get in the US these days is a completely different product. Outside of the US, it's made by Douwe Egberts, and is some of the finest Dutch tobacco available. They sold out in the US to Republic Tobacco around 2001, and it sucks now. Then I'd switched to Jester, which is another Dutch tobacco blend, nearly as good as Drum. Well, around June of last year, they stopped importing Jester as well.

After one last hurrah with some authentic Drum I imported, I quit completely. Because I didn't really smoke that heavily (perhaps 10 handrolls a day, about a third the size of a normal cig), it wasn't too hard. It was a major trigger for me being around people who smoke, but I'm not about to pick up a habit with Marlboros or some other poison like that.

The first few weeks are definitely the hardest. If you have a stressful job and you're serious about quitting, I'd take a week off or something. Once you quit though, it's great. After a few months you don't think about it. I can't really say I much miss them. Sure, they heightened my mental acuity a bit for a few minutes, but so does coffee. The stains on my teeth are mostly gone. My lung capacity is much better. My clothes don't smell. I can smell things again.

I do think it's bs how smokers are reviled though.

Quit smoking, it's good for you! Maybe you'll die later! Or something, I don't know.

Edit: one thing I would advise you about though, after quitting. Don't bum one. Don't buy another pack, thinking you'll smoke it and it won't matter. It is an insidious addiction, and you'll be smoking habitually again. You will fall right back into the habit.

Last edited:
dude I feel the exact same Way when I'm stoned I have dreams but I can't remember them. When I'm not baked I have amazing dreams & remember everthing that happen in them to a T!! I wonder why that is???

I quit smoking herb for over a year and I remember the first time I smoked after that long of a break I was so paranoid. Looking back on it it's hilarious really.

When I first read the thread title I too thought you were referring to cigs. I smoked for about 15 years as well. I enjoyed Drum and Jester (the 1/4LB can) for a long while but quit those because of the nasty stains it eventually left on my finger tips. After that I was a dedicated Camel man until the end. One day I couldn't afford them and I had to go three days without, I remember buying a pack and saying 'fuck it, I haven't smoked in three days why would I want to start again? I can go another day without', everyday that was my mantra and that's how I quit smoking cigs cold turkey.

It helps of course if you WANT to help. You must be a willing participant or you will fail.

On another note. I remember all my dreams, almost everyday, and I'm always remembering dreams I had years ago. It's crazy. When I used to trip I would often 'see' my dreams playing out on walls like little individual television screens that connected based on different aspects of my dreams, weaving together. Every drug I've done in my dreams I experienced. I fell high when i smoke weed in dreams, I trip when I eat shrooms in dreams and I disappear when I 'breath' DMT in my dreams.

Life is vivid.

sleestack

Ugh! Im on my first day of not smoking...
All out of stash, and i made a deal with myself to never buy again when i started growing.
My little babies sprouted yesterday.. so this is gonna be a long ass break!!
If i make it....

Ribsauce

Nine days in and still goin strong.

:blowbubbles:

awesome job marlo keep it up... hey i wanted to say two things... first off i love your handle as i watch the wire almost as often as i normally blaze haha.... second off wow great timing for this thread for me... i have to stop smoking for three months for probation and im on my second day of not smoking...three months doesnt sound bad but yesterday is the first day i have gone without smoking at all since 2005... yeaaaa haha... but yea i was actually just comin to the tokers den to maybe make a thread about how to get through quiting smoking and then saw this haha... well yea yesterday didnt go bad at all and i even had a bunch of people over and was packin up the roor for them and it wasnt bothering me the least being around people smoking... today i feel as though i have the swine flu... heat flashes followed by chills, and my stomach is in knots and has been all day... im also feeling very very lethargic which is kinda surprising... but yea i just wanted to thank you for makin this thread and for making me feel a lil better knowing theres lots of other peeps out there going through the same things

and yo all of you that can smoke one for me haha