What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nanda Devi

LndRcLvr

5 germinated @ 7 days in. I'm going to transplant them out into small pots and then perform the dry out as reccomended

IMG_20230420_080740.jpg

IMG_20230420_085259.jpg

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have maybe 20 to 30 seeds of this with half of it freebies. I kind of forgot about it while buying 8 other Himalayan lines. Dakshinkali, Rolpa, Jumla, Rasoli and others. This sounds special and the bad germination and wild variables in potency sound like I should pop them all and let God sort them out, so to speak.

High on a mountain far removed from the masses. I like that aspect of it. People out in those conditions tend to be exceptional I would think. I was gonna pop the Dakshinkali next run but this is working on my mind now.

LndRcLvr

Things I have observed: there seems to be two habits, one shorter more robust purple red stems and petioles with a bending stem leaves hanging very low, already showing new shoots up stem, it might be a lack of humidity or stress conditions in long pots, but not all plants showed this habit - about 40% are taller with slightly thinner leaves lime green no signs of red stems or curling.

Anyway ive planted a total of 8 in the resting place, I'll be back in four months.

IMG_20230525_165416.jpg
IMG_20230525_170826.jpg
IMG_20230525_184658.jpg
IMG_20230525_192603.jpg

SpaceCowboy083

I’ve got a few of these volunteering from a greenhouse grow years ago. I crossed it to everything I had at the time. Since lost all clones as it goes but still have pure seed, a cross to juicy fruit clone, the one that stinks of the gum in veg and finishes with a fruity funk, also have it crossed to cannabiogens Caribe. I’m runnin the juicy cross this year. The goal is mold hearty potent finishers for outdoor in the south East us. The volunteers look hempy, long internodes. I can post pics later of the pure volunteers.

alvin88

Who is growing Nanda Devi #2??
Should I start a new thread or keep it going here??

I have 5 or 6 that germinated from my freebies and I am super excited for them. I'll post up some pics tomorrow.

LndRcLvr

In total out of 26 seeds,I managed to get 18 to grow but had to peservere with the dry wet technique. Some plants were very weak.

I've decided to run the third germination, well clipped, in the ground, in my garden which faces dues south and can provide shelter and optimum conditions.

44:86N

I just popped 5 of these beans in the germination machine. Started on the solstice because any earlier the plants would simply get too big. A non-toking friend will grow out a couple at his place, and I'll try a couple here. Certainly is different from most everything else. Time will tell.
Well, once they put some decent roots down, they gonna grow real fast.

Old Piney

Just started soaking 14 seeds after a light sandpaper scarification
in paper towels with a little fulvic acid and H2O2. we'll see what they do outside at 40 degrees north in New Jersey. Yes I'm starting late I've learned my lesson about stretchy late-maturing Himalayan strains after growing 15’ Kumaoni plants

LndRcLvr

Well it's been a while.all the guerrilla plants got eaten by deer. I have three ladies in the garden, latitude 51.5N. The plants began flowering mid September. Two are the larger sprawling arching plants. Then I also have one purple stemmed plant with a more hybrid style flowering structure.

OldCoolSativa

Vigorous indeed. I started four seeds, gave two to a friend, and he and I each grew two outdoors this summer. I started them very late to keep them small, and they got big anyway, at least his did. I culled both of mine when preflowers showed they were males, as I didn't want to pollute the punto rojo selections I had outside. My friend's plants were 8+ feet tall. He got a male and a female; the female is still outside and we harvested the male last week. He had a beautiful, unique aroma and a bud structure that looked like it would yield pretty well for a Nanda Devi. I collected some pollen from his male. Some of it will be used to make crosses with a few of the longer-legged punto rojo females I'm growing now.

Based on what I know about punto rojo, and what I've read about the ND, this could be a very interesting Colombian sativa x Himalayan sativa F1. The lines have very different aromas, bud structure, yields and flowering times. Maybe get the best of the ND's "mystical" high with the soaring, clear, euphoric high of a good punto rojo. And the terp profiles could mix in very interesting ways in the offspring.

ND male pollen collection.jpg