What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A5 & C5, Old school hazes

MacHaze

I have found the haze I was looking for at least 2 years, the A5 Haze, for me the best haze arround on the planet... I also received the C5 haze...

It will be a long run as I will feed them for 12 weeks and flush them for at least 2 weeks.

I received them as clone from an old guy who is used to grow it for 21 years. He said they came from the U.S.A. travelling in a box of cigarettes as clone at the end of the seventies.

I have placed the 4 plants in 15L pots with 3/4 mapito and 1/4 coco. The nutes that I use are from the old guy himself. Some kind of powder that I had to mix with water, to make my A & B.

As I received a detailled grow shedule, that will involve slowly decreasing the amount of N starting from the 9th week of the bloom untill the 12th week feeding without any N.

Also I will use an Adjust-a-Wing reflector (large) with two fittings. I have a 600w HPS son-t pia with spreader, and a 400w MHI without spreader. Later in the grow I will change the MHI with a son-t pia or agro.

This week they will go on 12/12.

Cheers,
MacHaze

Adjust-A-Wing

Overview

Left

Right

Close-Up C5

Close-Up A5

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
good luck on this one MacHaze , i 'll be watching this closely. I have heared about this old guy with his long beard, they say he pulls of 2 grams a watt.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sonds interesting machaze

ill be watching

good luck

skar

Hi,

i haved smoke some haze A5 in a maastricht coffeeshop some month ago...i still have 2grs :)

But i've never hear about his breeding story, and i've never hear about Haze A5 seeds.

So, for me the she smell/taste a bit like "original haze" from flying dutchmens, and the high is really powerfull.

Any infos appreciate ;)

MacHaze

Truth or bedtime Story?

Truth or bedtime Story?

I don't know the thruth about the story I have heard, but it is been supposed that the A5-C5-HPH-CG13 & AG13 have been brought as seeds and some as clones into a packet of Marlborro, end 70'ties. They have been grow and selected (by some pioneers inlcuding Neville). The mothers (or original mother) is 20+ old years and seemed to have been used in several breedings of respected Seedbanks.

They are well known in the South of Holland, it is sometimes sold in Breda, the Pax ( a boot coffeeshop ).

These are very strong hazes, that "old" guy told me that the Mango Haze (from Mr.Nice) is related to a pheno of the A5, the Mango Pheno, the other one, that I am growing now, is the Diesel pheno (not related to any Diesel strain from Rez or Soma).

What I know for sure, is that it is the beste Hazes arround (specialy the A5), that took me years to get my hands on. :sasmokin: Stronger as Kalimist or SSH, a very nice taste.... and worth to go for 14 weeks.

The 4 plants are very strong and healthy and grow much faster than any other haze that I have been growing. The old guy is doing 1,7gr per watt with his nutes, growshedule and genetics.

Curious 2 see what it will become...

Cheers,
MacHaze

MacHaze

First week of bloom

First week of bloom

The 27th of March, lights went on 12/12.

EC is 2.0 and Ph is 5.8, because of the insane growing ritme of these hazes, I had to scrog them a little to keep the height under controle.

I have build a little ventilator (Sunon 144kub) under the Adjust-a-Wing to prevent the head to build up under the hood. :joint:

The C5's on the back, are drinking a lot faster than the two A5's on the front. The leaf are very big.

I am still spraying neemoil until the first sign of buds will be present.

Lights are 600w Son-t Pia (red) mixed with 400w Metal Haide (blue).

Updates will follow quicker as the plant is developping much faster now the Flower period has started.

Cheers,
MacHaze

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
^^^^ I agree ^^^^

I must give respect to the guy who has keeped it alive all these years!!!

It´s nice that you got the fertilizerregime from that guy too, it is easy to overfert haze´s, especially with nitrogen. Fortunally you seem to know that, those haze´s are looking healthy!

Last edited:

MacHaze

"Old" guy's method

"Old" guy's method

I received from the guy two kinds of powders of fertilizers used for non-cannabis flower plants, and with the wright formule/dosage he gets really good results.

The first powder (A) is pink and consist of the P & K of the nutricients.
The second powder (B) is white and is the N of the nutricients.
Also I use enzymes, Missing Link, Vital & BioForte of BioNova.

The shedules are as followed:

From week 1 untill week 8: 100%A + 100%B
Week 09: 125%A + 75%B
Week 10: 150%A + 50%B
Week 11: 175%A + 25%B
Week 12: 200%A without B
Week 13: Flushing for at least 10 days

I don't use any PK13/14 or bloomstimulator, and so the N is kept under controle with those haze strains. :joint:

Cheers,
MacHaze

MacHaze

16th day

16th day

I spotted some signs of mites, so I used Mazai, but just as I took the pictures I remarked some residu on the leaves. I did washed it with clean water with PH 5.8 after the photoshoot.

Ec is at 2.1 and PH 5.8.

The scrogg is over, the net is well filled, now I bend and crack them to keep the field on equal height.

Cheers,
MacHaze

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola MChaze!!!

Those mites love haze´s & sativa´s and can do serious damage to the yeild even with small populations. So, my only suggestion for you and your lovely ladies is -> hit em´hard!!! Those are the most annoying pest you could get indoors I think. I have got them mites for the last 6 or 7 months and cannot get rid of them. They have never expanded to larger population because of my counteracts, but there are always couple of them, sucking my plants vital juice´s!!! I have tryed almost everything I can acquire in Finland but it seems hopeless. I assume that you are in states, so you have much better counter arsenal to choose than I.

Sorry for the bleeding but I just have to warn you to take them serious (as it seems you have;)

The plants look great, let´s hope that them mites aint gonna fuck up your grow!

Latest posts

Latest posts