What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's talk music.

Being a Canadian, I listened to alot of CanCon (Canadian Content Legislation) music in the 70's and early 80's.

Examples:

Rush
Triumph
The Guess Who
BTO
April Wine
Prism
Loverboy
Burton Cummings
Gordon Lightfoot
Neil Young
Saga

Great bands the lot of 'em just to name a few off the top of my head :p

Mikos

Being a Canadian, I listened to alot of CanCon (Canadian Content Legislation) music in the 70's and early 80's.

Examples:

Triumph
April Wine

Although, pretty far from Canada, those 2 bands were in heavy rotation for me & my friends in the early 80's.

icred

Let's add to that Canada 80's (and beyond) list:

- Max Webster -> Kim Mitchell
- David Wilcox
- FM -> Nash the Slash
- Lee Aarron, Toronto, Headpins, Queen City Kids, Teenage Head
- Blue Rodeo -> Jim Cuddy & Greg Keelor
- Jerry Doucette (Mama Let Him Play!)
- Tragically Hip, 54-40
- Spoons, Martha and the Muffins, and Men without Hats
- Jazz: Paul Horn, Moe Kaufmann and Blood, Sweat & Tears

Finally, Stompin' Tom and all The Bachmanns (Randy, Tal, and Sebastian ;-)

Now gotta go and queue up some of this list for today.....

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pat Travers has always been my favorite canuck rocker.

...bitch snortin wiskey and drinkin cocaine...

Mikos

After reading this thread last night, I started listening to a few of these old songs on youtube. Somehow I worked my way to Joe Walsh. I've never been a huge fan and grew tired of his more commercial hits such as 'Lifes been good' and 'Rocky Mountain Way' but now I have a whole new appreciation. I didn't realize how great he was on guitar.

"In the City". video from the Warriors movie soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2UV2FL2rsQ

'Turn to Stone' - video complete with Lava Lamp. This song rocks hard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1rUe8SK0ak

graybeard

Pat Travers has always been my favorite canuck rocker.

...bitch snortin wiskey and drinkin cocaine...

Hell Yea!! Not my fav, but he rocks! I bought that album on cassette…wore it out!!

After reading this thread last night, I started listening to a few of these old songs on youtube. Somehow I worked my way to Joe Walsh. I've never been a huge fan and grew tired of his more commercial hits such as 'Lifes been good' and 'Rocky Mountain Way' but now I have a whole new appreciation. I didn't realize how great he was on guitar.

Glad you did that man, yea old Joe is one of a kind…you should get ‘The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get” album…I think that’s the name of it.

Harrybub

small_faces_ogden's.jpg

My favorite Small Faces...

HB

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
:yeahthats and Blue cheer, Fire by Arthur Brown If I remember that correctly it was alot of weed ago.

:yeahthats and Blue cheer, Fire by Arthur Brown If I remember that correctly it was alot of weed ago.

If I remember correctly I saw Arthur on the Ed Sullivan show complete with flaming head gear. The Animals too. (we are in the old stoners crash pad aren't we???) Blue Cheer on American Bandstand, playing Summertime Blues. James Gang stuff does exist from some UK tv shows. I dug them more than Joe solo. Yeah, a lot of weed ago...

Didn't know Travers was Canadian tho.....
Any early "Mahogany Rush" fans here???