What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bad backs and the weather.......

Tronic

You got it Piel..and thanks everyone here for sharing your compasion and caring.
I'd like to add..it is not just my neck and back that suffer during these low pressure events. My artheritus goes ape shit. Elbows, wrists, knuckles, shoulders you name it. All my joints become inflamed. Some of that is from my work as a salesman, my entire 30 year carear in the beverage industry had me going in and out of cold boxes all day everyday. The Docs claim that didn't do me any good. Cold has the same affect on me as low pressure. A couple docs have suggested I move to Arizona, that'sa little drastic but I think about it when I'm suffering. ...for now, it's the hot tub...cheers...splash... :dance013: DD

No need for that DD.... head out to Palm Springs baby!! :blowbubbles:

M

Mr. Mountain

You got it Piel..and thanks everyone here for sharing your compasion and caring.
I'd like to add..it is not just my neck and back that suffer during these low pressure events. My artheritus goes ape shit. Elbows, wrists, knuckles, shoulders you name it. All my joints become inflamed. Some of that is from my work as a salesman, my entire 30 year carear in the beverage industry had me going in and out of cold boxes all day everyday. The Docs claim that didn't do me any good. Cold has the same affect on me as low pressure. A couple docs have suggested I move to Arizona, that'sa little drastic but I think about it when I'm suffering. ...for now, it's the hot tub...cheers...splash... :dance013: DD

I feel some small degree of your pain brother! I have RA that flares up badly during the winter, to the point where it makes my fingers twist in different directions (some clockwise and others counter) I can't shuck an Oyster (or hold the knife well for that matter) and my knees, hips and feet don't fair to well. Cold has a more pronounced affect on my RA than the weather, but the Barometer certainly plays a role in the way I feel from day-to-day.

I hope you have a tolerable day! Keep smiling,

Mr. M

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr M buddy when you can't shuck an oyster ya got real problums, I love oysters! Yes RA is part of my problem, myfingers curl but your sounds much worse. Again-my hot tub is my best relief for that...it really gets a work out. Be well...DD

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

just sheer misery today, a little extra activity yesterday blew me away today; of course it did storm so I might've been forecasting again.

btw, my extra activity??? I sat & watched my friend work at my place all day.......

pretty efn sad.

S

scoobie

You have to treat the whole person, Mind Body and Soul, very groovy, new age sounding I know but the whole thing re acts and compensates for what is going on. We are electric beings, all our bodily functionds are controlled by electrical activity. One system I am familliar with is , in my opinion the best bodywork therapy is The Bowen Technique, Gentle, No harsh manipulations tec, really, You Guys are in lots of pain what have you to loose,short term treatments that will change your life !!!!! I have seen it change peoples conditions in a way that some would describe as Miraculous.Practioners in all parts of the USA & Canada too. Good Luck!!
You simply Must check out
http://www.bowtech.com/WebsiteProj/Pages/About/Welcome.aspx

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
The arthritis was bugging my low back and right shoulder, so I was looking in my wifes holistic med book, and found an Ayurvedic oil used for arthritis/joint pain. Mahanarayana oil, not tested on animals,100% vegetarian,100% derived from the vegetable/mineral kingdom. Luckily there's an Indian store in town and they had it in stock. Its all herbal, no weed, but a lot of other botanicals. All I know is it actually works, and works right now. The wife thought I was imagining it until she rubbed some on my shoulder and said " Hey, my hands stopped hurting" I laughed and said I Told you so ( don't get to say that very often).
So I highly recommend this stuff to all who have joint pain. Ayurvedic medicine is practiced in India, and has been for about 5000 years.
www.sandhuproducts.com hey mods check the web site scrub it if you don't like it.
:smoweed:

Piel

Veteran
I brushed my horses mane yesterday and today I can hardly type.

Riding has been out of the question for a year but I still bought a foal last summer -she was just to perdy to pass up.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I am not even in my 40s yet, just a kiddo i know, and in days like today i feel like Methuselah. I am a living barometer and every change on pressure gives me a silent warning allover my bones.
Of course that these last 6years living in the UK where the worst when comes to that.
We have a say around here...If you don´t like the weather wait 10minutes.
This has been my own personal misery on the last decade but by now pain is some kind of a weird&old acquaintance.
Cold and damp days are he worst in my case and if it weren't for our sacred herb things would be much harder on me.
I wish a pain free Sunday to all you guys...around here it's just another tough one ;)

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Scoliosis and a couple of old bad fractures in my left wrist and ankle makes every day a unexpected one ;)

dddaver

Veteran
Sometimes I get this distinct impression that a lot of people are on drugs or sumthin' here. :wave:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

7:01am when suddenly crackkkkk!!! my back lets go of pressure that's kept me down for weeks now.......

oh fuck here comes the rain.

crazybear

Sometimes when I move my back cracks, but it hurts even more after that I had fusion surgery with rods & screws & "it's solid" ok so why does it crack & stuff!!!

Scrappy4

Veteran
Sometimes when I move my back cracks, but it hurts even more after that I had fusion surgery with rods & screws & "it's solid" ok so why does it crack & stuff!!!

It's rust. Lol I got the same thing I guess what we hear is fluid popping in our joints.....scrappy

RetroGrow

Veteran
That cracking is arthritis.
Anti-inflammatories work well against it, but can be tough on the stomach. Cortisone works, but you can't take it all the time.
I have 5 herniated discs in my back, and do yoga and deep stretching, and lots of abdominals, which helps. Stretching and some kind of exercise are important. Swimming is good if you are near a pool. Inactivity only makes it worse, IMO.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That cracking is arthritis.
Anti-inflammatories work well against it, but can be tough on the stomach. Cortisone works, but you can't take it all the time.
I have 5 herniated discs in my back, and do yoga and deep stretching, and lots of abdominals, which helps. Stretching and some kind of exercise are important. Swimming is good if you are near a pool. Inactivity only makes it worse, IMO.

w/o a doubt I have severe arthritis of the spine and lucky me, I had another profound pop! w/instant relief in my back just now.......

getting in & out of a chair w/o wincing in pain, no threat of leg spasms just from standing up etc, glorious while it lasts again.

Latest posts

Latest posts