What's new

BT spray?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Hi folks i was wondering when i should start applying it as a preventive for bud worm? I heard a few folks say hold off till its a couple weeks into flowering? Thanks

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Ill be combining Safer brand caterpillar killer + Monterey garden insect spray in a Atomizer fogger... And what do yall think of application per gallon of water? Thanks again

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Yes use it! Eradicate them the earlier the better.

I been applying Azamax also about every 10 days, would it be to much if i applied the BT and Azamax off an on? I did find one plant that is really squatty close to the ground that had a few aphid looking bugs on a fan leaf or two, they were green bugs

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I spray BT once a week. I have lots of moths around me, so got to stay atop of them.

I have been seeing these white looking moths buzzing around the yard, thats where they come from? They lay eggs on your plants? Im still early into veg. but a few started flipping but i think they will snap out of it. Thanks

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
forgot to mention we also have a butterfly bush in the backyard. Its been there for 15+ years we kept it around for the bees and the hummingbirds love it. I pruned it down pretty good a while back and has no flowers yet, could that also be a result of bud rot? should i spray that with BT? Sorry for all the questions im only a few seasons into outdoor growing. It looks mostly of Monarchs when the bush is in full bloom

It will eat into your nug, sleep shit and trip there, then repeat up your plant spreading mold.

That's why you eradicate early.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I been applying Azamax also about every 10 days, would it be to much if i applied the BT and Azamax off an on? I did find one plant that is really squatty close to the ground that had a few aphid looking bugs on a fan leaf or two, they were green bugs

did it jump or crawl to the other side of the stem or leaf? if so that may be a leafhopper. i have them all over around here so i been neem spraying ever 7 days

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
There are flying moths that are white. The green bugs were underneath a branchs leafs that was really close to the ground i just chopped the branch off. I did notice a green little bug with legs

MountZionCollec

July 1st-end of August I spray BT once a week at 6am. To comply with california water board cannabis pesticide regulations BT can only be used during Veg, none during flower.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Thats funny MOunt. i was fogging/spraying my plants late in the season last year after seeing those fuckers go to town. We hand picked those cats off and still sprayed till days of harvesting. Still got the asking price per unit...

ladydog

Noonin, I agree. That stuff is just a bacteria and is completely non toxic. Shouldnt be a problem used well into flowering as needed.