What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seedlings not growing..

rasta man

Ive got 5 seedlings under an LED and they are 6 days old ...they are healthy looking and not spindly at all... just very short...thought they would be getting taller by now... can see 2nd set of leaves starting...seems like a pot of boiling water... maybe Im just excited and expecting too much... use to grow years ago... but never under lights like this..

budsnblunts

Veteran
How close have you got those lights? The chances are if you have never grown that strain out before, and they're all the same strain (amongst the five) they might just be a short stocky genetic. Raising your light can introduce some stretch and height if that is what you are after. Other then that 6 days old they sound like they are growing excellent man. Can you take some pics?

Wow those were added quick :p, are they 6 days old from popping or 6 days old from when you planted the seeds?

Last edited:

rasta man

never grew these... have actually never grew anything that I knew what it was...I bought these and these are 5 of the free ones... mamba negra .. black diesel ..the black..blackberry og...the diesel I believe has a lot of sativa they say and it is one of the taller ones..the rest I tried have died... done a few things wrong...so Im wanting to baby these girls..

budsnblunts

Veteran
Cool man, remember over watering is a huge mistake with them at this age. So is under watering :p, they are looking healthy and good for 6 days being alive man, these are gonna look awesome.

sdd420

Veteran
Also remember it will focus on root development first. Dont over water and relax peace sdd

rasta man

Also remember it will focus on root development first. Dont over water and relax peace sdd

I keep a close eye on them... probably too close.. not sure about water... think I tend to water too much... would it be okay to let them dry to point of starting to wilt a bit ?I keep humidity high and soil seems to want to stay wet...since plants arent big enough to suck up much water...been couple days now .. gonna wait longer maybe..not sure exactly how long it has been... got pretty discouraged on losing 9 sprouts that I messed up on..so lagged on my journal entries..

Bwanabud

Only give them a shot glass of water per cup, check if they are dry by weight..pick them up and see how they feel. As said, over watering will kill them fast...be patient they will kick in after roots get established.

And keep the light on 24 hours a day

budsnblunts

Veteran
Yeah don't let them get to dry at this stage to, those babies don't have much room for error. Bwanabud is on the head with the dry by weight. I know that watering from the bottom upwards can be really beneficial for young babies. Good luck, don't let them wilt. You will lose more no room for error I have to add once more.

rasta man

dang it... I thought it was cold here at 11` this morning...that little one still not growin much so I took it out of the cup to put it in somethin bigger plus little drier... think its little water logged but not sure.. anyway, I pulled that little thing out, and had a long as root down to the bottom curlin around..so that little girl workin harder than I thought..just not showin it on top..I repotted and that worked out enuf that I did the other 4.. didnt have just what I needed but worked with what I had..Im a kinda shoot from the hip guy..didn`t give that mix any water..seems like its pretty hard for a soil mix to dry out unless something like roots are , is sucking out the moisture..so I just put em in without adding water..they were prettty moist coming out of the cups anyway..let them sit overnight like that... with lights on 24 now...and thought I might give em a drink today but not sure if I should...I lost a bunch that I started and found some decent bag seed... smoke was decent but not sure of seed.. but decided to give it a try and started several...looked on the ends like one guy suggests to help with sex identity..put them in water.. then to paper towel.. then to vermiculite only on the top inch or two of container...thought that will help with damping off...then to sex them after they get up Im going to clone them soon as they get a little size .. put clones in closet 12/12 for 10 days and they will turn... dont have to wait for roots even...so they say...
gonna include pics. first one is the little one..the bigger one got some leaf burn early on when I ha LED`s too close...decided they didnt need them yet so when back to tube ... cheaper too.. have to get pics on in a bit..