What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOUR DUBBLE INFO THREAD

Desert Dan

Veteran
I haven't noticed. Most of the s1, and s2 seeds were fine. The S3 seeds are not made yet so I can't say until I grow some. The s1 and s2 plants had the same variegation as the clone. I had/have two s2 that had this and seemed to have less vigor than the siblings. The 1st was tossed. I'm not sure if the 2nd will be flowered. Most are fine. I think the selections made have the biggest impact. Some would keep the slower variegated phenos. I think those are poor choices to use for breeding.
When you created s2 did you use s1 sister plants or self a selected s1? Same for s3?

I had been thinking about this in regards to f2ing a fem hybrid a la open pollination style to preserve genetic diversity…

-DD

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you created s2 did you use s1 sister plants or self a selected s1? Same for s3?

I had been thinking about this in regards to f2ing a fem hybrid a la open pollination style to preserve genetic diversity…

-DD
There's only 1 way to make S1, S2, or S3 seeds ..

Sdubb x Sdubb=s1
S1 X S1= s2
S2 X S2=S3
Inbreeding different siblings would be a fem F generation from what I understand. I'm doing this now with (CBanana S1#3 x CBanana S1#1=CBanana F2 fem. ) Also making CBS2 using #1 x #1

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

The sour dubb still eludes me.
It was on a list of cuts availlable to me recently and I put it on my request list but it has not materialized yet.
Wish I lived stateside as the quest would be much easier I'm thinkin.
I have crosses from good breeders I can run so at least some of the dubb shines through. I smoked some in Reno some years ago while I was in the hotel parking lot havin a smoke beside my rental car. Some guys walked buy and threw the hand signals for tokin weed and I just nodded ;) Followed them for a short walk and the joints were sour dubb, that being my first and only experience smoking it pure and not in a cross. Just left me with the "i want that" feeling ya know?

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
There's only 1 way to make S1, S2, or S3 seeds ..

Sdubb x Sdubb=s1
S1 X S1= s2
S2 X S2=S3
Inbreeding different siblings would be a fem F generation from what I understand. I'm doing this now with (CBanana S1#3 x CBanana S1#1=CBanana F1 fem. ) Also making CBS2 using #1 x #1

Hmm are u sure ? I was always under the impression that a s1 x say another s1/2 is still a S1 .. s2 generation (f2 fem)

S1 x s2/3= s1
And as far as F1 fem it would need to be two different lines

A F1 fem would have been the original cross feminized the way u described f1 fem is really a IX or incross if u were to use the F1 x a sibling or vice versa

So it would be C banana IX fem not F1

I could be wrong as hell tho

JetLife175

Veteran
Hmm are u sure ? I was always under the impression that a s1 x say another s1/2 is still a S1 .. s2 generation (f2 fem)

S1 x s2/3= s1
And as far as F1 fem it would need to be two different lines

A F1 fem would have been the original cross feminized the way u described f1 fem is really a IX or incross if u were to use the F1 x a sibling or vice versa

So it would be C banana IX fem not F1

I could be wrong as hell tho
Just because there are two s1 in the mix they can be sister s1 plants not an exact copy of Itself. I'm following what he is saying. I'm not sure if it would be classified as a f1 but I get the gist of it.

I've done line work with OG crossing separate selfed plants together. I think think is what he is trying to explain.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Siblings are not the same plant. Selefed seeds have variations. The more times you inbreed the same plant the less variation there is. Inbreeding 2 siblings will not be considered a selfed gen. There is not much else to pick from.

IX/BX...This is typically used to refer to a filial offspring that is backcrossed into a prior filial, rather than back into the original parent, or when parents share significant genetic overlap. This is not even close.

I was off by a gen. Breeding sister plants refers to the process of crossing two plants that are offspring from the same parent plants, which would be an F2. Since 2 different female siblings are used it doesn't change that 50% will get inherited from ea plant. If it was the same plant(s1) then 100% of those genes get inherited. I fixed my post above

Last edited:

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Siblings are not the same plant. Selefed seeds have variations. The more times you inbreed the same plant the less variation there is. Inbreeding 2 siblings will not be considered a selfed gen. There is not much else to pick from.

IX/BX...This is typically used to refer to a filial offspring that is backcrossed into a prior filial, rather than back into the original parent, or when parents share significant genetic overlap. This is not even close.

I was off by a gen. Breeding sister plants refers to the process of crossing two plants that are offspring from the same parent plants would be an F2. Since 2 females are used it doesnt change that 50% will get inherited from ea parent. I fixed my post

I should have been more clear also I meant I never seen a pack sold as a s2 csi for example had a chem 91 s1 which was a s1 from his own 91 cut but he sold them as s1s

I get how two s1s can be a f2 (s2)

But I’ve just never seen it listed as such like if I find a cut from seed and self it do I call it a s2 or s1 ?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive never seen them listed any other way. There's only 1 way to make selfed seeds. The # changes with ea gen produced. AI-GPT-4 works great asking about stuff. It will do the searching part for ya. S2 is made using the same plant it can't be an F gen.

Selfing or Self-pollination is a process where a plant can produce seeds without being pollinated by another plant. It happens when there is a transfer of pollen from an anther (male part) to a stigma (female part). When a plant pollinates itself, all the genes passed down to the offspring come from that same plant. The result of self-pollinating is a population derived from the same parent, known as S1. Then, every generation after that is S2, S3, and so on. The main way breeders do it is by reversing a female plant and using that feminized pollen to pollinate that same plant or its clone.

Last edited:

iriveru

Is anyone here still holding the Sdubb clone? Or, anyone who’s open to selling/trading it? I’ve been fascinated with this one lately and would do anything to get my hands on it

johnnyla

Veteran
Is anyone here still holding the Sdubb clone? Or, anyone who’s open to selling/trading it? I’ve been fascinated with this one lately and would do anything to get my hands on it
Same. I can trade sour diesel clone only and bunch of seeds.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran