Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > The Exodus Collective: History of UK Cheese

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
The Exodus Collective: History of UK Cheese Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2009, 02:37 PM #11
daddy fingaz
Land racer not a gene defacer!

daddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura about
nice one DL some good info in that edition!!

LGA

For a government to declare a vice to be a crime, and to punish it as such, is an attempt to falsify the very nature of things. It is as absurd as it would be to declare truth to be falsehood, or falsehood truth.
daddy fingaz is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2009, 02:43 PM #12
DocLeaf
procreationist

DocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud of
We also keep hearing over that Exodus got the cut off a Luton grower...

Dalaihempy : Cheese is just a nice specimen of Skunk #1 dude... yields small

!!! DANGER GLASS WEED THREAD !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42251

FRITILLARY SEEDS ...

https://www.seedboutique.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=86
REGULAR ORGANIC SEEDS FOR ORGANIC GROWERS !!

DocLeaf is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2009, 05:07 PM #13
danny karey

I think alot of people have tried to find a "cheese pheno" in skunk seeds, but I think Sensi seeds sucks balls now so anyone looking to find a nice skunk is SOL. Even flying dutchman sucks since sensi seeds took them over. (ive bought both and was very dissapointed)

I know people keep saying " well lets get a bunch of sensi seeds skunk" or whatever, but I don't think there gonna find shit. Especially since I heard the cheese was found in '89 sensi skunk seeds...........The skunk that was bred than is alot different than now.

My .02

Danny

Old 08-04-2009, 06:43 PM #14
Elevator Man
Mentor

Elevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to all
I'm still amazed at the fuss about Cheese - none of my friends who got the cut still grow it, and I only ran it twice. It just seems 'standard' smelly weed to me, and one of the least interesting of that 'family' of clone-only strains that have been around for decades (the blues, mystery strain, psychosis, etc.) - fast-flowering, hard pinecone buds, sativa-leaning leaves and very branchy.

In its favour, I found it less stoney than the blues, with more of an up high, but other than that, not much to write home about. However, many of those other 'strains' have similar mystery origins, and may well all have emanated from Luton, but they were around a lot longer than Cheese, which was the most recent. I was buying the blues and mystery strain in '93, and never even heard of Cheese here until around maybe '99.

As for the seedstock, it's quite likely that Sunlight Systems in Leicester were the supplier, rather than Sensi direct - SS were trying to trademark 'Skunk #1' and other names a long time ago - possibly as a front for Sensi, but possibly not.
Elevator Man is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 PM #15
DocLeaf
procreationist

DocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud of
Yo Elevator Man,, i'm feeling that,,, Cheese is nice,, but the hype-vibe son wears thin... and it really pisses the neighbors off Exodus interests us more,,, anyone got any links or info. on the new movement (Leviticus)?
They had a good thing rolling,,

Cheese is still a nice plant for breeding skunky strains with man.. even thought about doing a spin with it myself recently,, (still got the bug),, at least we know what to expect from cheese in the hybrids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
As for the seedstock, it's quite likely that Sunlight Systems in Leicester were the supplier, rather than Sensi direct - SS were trying to trademark 'Skunk #1' and other names a long time ago - possibly as a front for Sensi, but possibly not.
Ouch,, just like this ,, (shame on dem) :

Btw ,, sunlight systems was just a fledgling of 21st Century Gardens, N. London

Also,, if ONE man dem lay claim pon Skunk #1 it's SAM the Skunkman!

(he's a mod. here folks so pls show some credit / respect / mindfulness)

Like it or loath it,, 'Cheese' is here to stay I reckon,,

It's "old-school ,, like a real pair of hippies flares" [chester p]

!!! DANGER GLASS WEED THREAD !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42251

FRITILLARY SEEDS ...

https://www.seedboutique.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=86
REGULAR ORGANIC SEEDS FOR ORGANIC GROWERS !!

DocLeaf is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2009, 07:43 PM #16
Elevator Man
Mentor

Elevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to all
There you go - that's the one! I used to have a photocopied list also with their growlamp logo on the front. Memories...

And notice Skunk #3 listed down there? Is that possibly one of the early 'RKS' varieties that got dropped? What if that's the line that Cheese came from, rather than #1? Would explain why no-one seems to be able to replicate it from #1.
Elevator Man is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:46 PM #17
Big Beans
Beans Means Highns

Big Beans will become famous soon enoughBig Beans will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocLeaf View Post
, anyone got any links or info. on the new movement (Leviticus)?
I found this https://www.leviticuscollective.co.uk/

Looks pretty sound
Oriental Express (BillyGoat)
Black Rose
Blue Power
White Diesel
Big Beans is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2009, 08:25 PM #18
daddy fingaz
Land racer not a gene defacer!

daddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura about
Exodus VS Babylon :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0-WeW3r48A

some info on the original collective !

BBC documentry on exodus and their pro cannabis views (can remember this one)!!

https://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=9620850

LGA

For a government to declare a vice to be a crime, and to punish it as such, is an attempt to falsify the very nature of things. It is as absurd as it would be to declare truth to be falsehood, or falsehood truth.
daddy fingaz is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2009, 08:43 PM #19
Big Beans
Beans Means Highns

Big Beans will become famous soon enoughBig Beans will become famous soon enough
Wicked links - I'm watching them now

I also found living with the enemy with slightly better sound quality here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUslSxqVH64
but its in bits
Oriental Express (BillyGoat)
Black Rose
Blue Power
White Diesel
Big Beans is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2009, 09:22 PM #20
DoubleJ

DoubleJ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
I'm still amazed at the fuss about Cheese - none of my friends who got the cut still grow it, and I only ran it twice. It just seems 'standard' smelly weed to me, and one of the least interesting of that 'family' of clone-only strains that have been around for decades (the blues, mystery strain, psychosis, etc.) - fast-flowering, hard pinecone buds, sativa-leaning leaves and very branchy.
Bear in mind the average UK smoker doesnt have anywhere near the range of genetics you have access to.

That, and the fact that Cheese seems to keep that trademark funk, even if grown poorly and not dried/cured properly, could account for the hype.
DoubleJ is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.