What's new

Tom Hill Haze

LostTribe

Premium user
Ive not grown any mint progeny out yet. I have 18 plants with its pollen used on mm/thia78 sexed so like 10 females and 8 males. I’m betting they will be very resinous and combine better than the grandfunk I used on mm/thia78, that one female pictured of the grandfunk cross is very resinous but.. the other 4 were not.

I made another generation of thh mint with all of the plants I had open pollination. Only 3 females and 5 males. I also have a cross with thh mint pollen to Punto rojo x congo and to seedsman o. Haze. The pollen I froze from thh did not keep as long as I hoped and went sterile(was good for a year but I tried some this year and no bueno). So many beans and so little time.
Also worried my P1 generation pollen may be getting old. Will try it on Sour D, Blue Dream and Strawberry Cough. The Strawberry Cough smells heavily influenced by Haze interestingly. It has a different pointy hair and long thick colas.

StickyBandit

Ive not grown any mint progeny out yet. I have 18 plants with its pollen used on mm/thia78 sexed so like 10 females and 8 males. I’m betting they will be very resinous and combine better than the grandfunk I used on mm/thia78, that one female pictured of the grandfunk cross is very resinous but.. the other 4 were not.

I made another generation of thh mint with all of the plants I had open pollination. Only 3 females and 5 males. I also have a cross with thh mint pollen to Punto rojo x congo and to seedsman o. Haze. The pollen I froze from thh did not keep as long as I hoped and went sterile(was good for a year but I tried some this year and no bueno). So many beans and so little time.
A year seems pretty good, I did notice mine stores best with no rice or anything in with it, seems to stay powdery longer just in a bare plastic vile!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
nevilles haze x posi haze(Tom Hill workings)

Nhz pheno

nhzphenoofNHZPOSIHZ.JPG

Posi haze pheno

tomsphenoofNHZPOSIHZ.JPG

GrandpaMillenial

I took my crops out back while cleaning the tent today.

It just finished raining so it wasn’t gonna hit with that intense sunlight, but a nice breeze to shake the stems and rattle the leaves.

Day 28 of flower cycle.
starte at 12/12, reduced by 1/2 hour weekly, now at 10/14 where they will stay

THH plants 1,2,3,4, and 5 is a male
IMG_1060.jpeg

IMG_1061.jpeg

IMG_1062.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1064.jpeg

5, male named “double sausage”
IMG_1065.jpeg

Is there a reputable source for Tom Hill’s beans been looking for almost a year for PURE Thai Haze and can’t find any. I know Tom was nice enough to release some to the communities about a year ago but I didn’t have coin then. I’m really kicking myself. If anyone one has any they could spare I would like to make a trade. I have gobbles of John Fowler’s work. 🙏🏻❤️🤞

sneezydog

Whats your favorite of Johns work? Hope you find the toms and that those who would make repros of toms release will do so! Im waiting hopefully as well.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
the best way would be to contact Tom Hill on IG probably, I know he is on IG as he posted some pics of my work at his account, he sells 100 seeds minimum, 2 dollars per seed I think. I don't know if it is available or if Tom plans another pollination soon, but when you ask him he will not bite you. well may be a little :D hahahahhaha just dont say these words: icmag and lumbo haze hahahhahaha just joking.

CharlesU Farley

... he sells 100 seeds minimum, 2 dollars per seed I think. I don't know if it is available or if Tom plans another pollination soon, but when you ask him he will not bite you. well may be a little :D hahahahhaha just dont say these words: icmag and lumbo haze hahahhahaha just joking.
I'm totally and completely ignorant about all things Hz and only know about TH via his postings here on ICM, before he got shit canned. No doubt there's a lot of threads that got shitcanned as well, so this is about the only thread left that has any information that I would be interested in.

And I don't know all the inside jokes and innuendo concerning him, so I'm not really sure if you're were being facetious or not in the hundred seed minimum, $2 a seed price.

Is that really what he sells seeds for or are you being facetious?

I honestly don't know. But if that is really what he sells seeds for, the amount of respect I have for him just went _up_.

He's like the antithesis of Todd McCormick. ;)

acespicoli

I don’t understand why y’all don’t breed just the Thai phenos in THH to cut through ALL the lumbo phenos??? Someone needs to do this 🤔

Dutch Flowers' Metal Haze Description​

Logo Dutch Flowers
Experienced smokers know nothing comes close to the potency of a true Haze. Growers also know this, but long flowering periods, unruly phenotypes, and the infamous 1-in-5-crapshoot chance of finding a special female have held many back. Breeding an indoor-friendly Haze strain that consistently delivers superior potency has been the very focus of DF breeding efforts since its inception. To that end, the team has collected and grown enough clones and crosses to setup a small Haze museum. Synthesizing our best Haze genetics into one line posed a considerable challenge. In early trials, proven clones passed down their potency genes on to the next generations using an unacceptable, unpredictable domino pattern. To develop a superior seed line, males were tested the hard way, growing out their offspring to recognize the best possible pollen source. Winning donors pollinated our choicest females, and their offspring was then heavily selected at the second generation. Recombinant individuals displaying the desired potency, phenotype, flowering and yield traits were identified and inbred into separate lines. Three years after the project begun, the resulting lines were finally blended, giving rise to our Metal Haze, a hybrid that received high praise from skeptic industry testers. Named after the metal-lit room that keeps our Haze clone collection alive, Metal Haze displays the brain-warping quality that fueled the legend. It is a modern, trippy cerebral sativa, with classic psychoactive soar and scant body cues. Connoisseurs report a deadly, creeper with no ceiling, combination of effects. The phenotype is fully suitable for indoor growing, with a branching habit resulting in an abundance of dense, oily, attractive buds. Aromas range from animal sour spice to sweet piney mint, often accompanied by rotten meat undertones. Overindulging the Metal Haze is not recommended for the sativa sensitive or the inexperienced. It is a deceptively smooth smoke that starts out uplifting and super-active -ideal for musicians and creative types- and climbs ever higher in a succession of intense waves, taking perception to uncharted lands. We trust the virtues bred into Metal Haze to earn its place in discriminating gardens, and satisfy demanding sativa aficionados.

Flower: 56 - 77 days
Indoor / Outoor
Yield: 450 - 500 grams/m²
Phenotype: Indica-sativa
Effect: Ultra Strong Sativa

Sam tried to preserve it and thats why its not really IBL like you say
Tom also goes to great lengths to keep everything even the hermis in the OP open pollenation
Some have tried and lost alot of the magic If you grow 100 and find 3 keepers
Once you start inbreeding you may find less than and it makes it tired thru inbreeding depression?
Sounds like a worthwhile plan to try out :thinking:
The longer flowering types have a superior effect

Last edited:

Dutch Flowers' Metal Haze Description​

Logo Dutch Flowers
Experienced smokers know nothing comes close to the potency of a true Haze. Growers also know this, but long flowering periods, unruly phenotypes, and the infamous 1-in-5-crapshoot chance of finding a special female have held many back. Breeding an indoor-friendly Haze strain that consistently delivers superior potency has been the very focus of DF breeding efforts since its inception. To that end, the team has collected and grown enough clones and crosses to setup a small Haze museum. Synthesizing our best Haze genetics into one line posed a considerable challenge. In early trials, proven clones passed down their potency genes on to the next generations using an unacceptable, unpredictable domino pattern. To develop a superior seed line, males were tested the hard way, growing out their offspring to recognize the best possible pollen source. Winning donors pollinated our choicest females, and their offspring was then heavily selected at the second generation. Recombinant individuals displaying the desired potency, phenotype, flowering and yield traits were identified and inbred into separate lines. Three years after the project begun, the resulting lines were finally blended, giving rise to our Metal Haze, a hybrid that received high praise from skeptic industry testers. Named after the metal-lit room that keeps our Haze clone collection alive, Metal Haze displays the brain-warping quality that fueled the legend. It is a modern, trippy cerebral sativa, with classic psychoactive soar and scant body cues. Connoisseurs report a deadly, creeper with no ceiling, combination of effects. The phenotype is fully suitable for indoor growing, with a branching habit resulting in an abundance of dense, oily, attractive buds. Aromas range from animal sour spice to sweet piney mint, often accompanied by rotten meat undertones. Overindulging the Metal Haze is not recommended for the sativa sensitive or the inexperienced. It is a deceptively smooth smoke that starts out uplifting and super-active -ideal for musicians and creative types- and climbs ever higher in a succession of intense waves, taking perception to uncharted lands. We trust the virtues bred into Metal Haze to earn its place in discriminating gardens, and satisfy demanding sativa aficionados.

Flower: 56 - 77 days
Indoor / Outoor
Yield: 450 - 500 grams/m²
Phenotype: Indica-sativa
Effect: Ultra Strong Sativa

Sam tried to preserve it and thats why its not really IBL like you say
Tom also goes to great lengths to keep everything even the hermis in the OP open pollenation
Some have tried and lost alot of the magic If you grow 100 and find 3 keepers
Once you start inbreeding you may find less than and it makes it tired thru inbreeding depression?
Sounds like a worthwhile plan to try out :thinking:
The longer flowering types have a superior effect

Flower time 56-70 days ??? That’s got indica in it , I don’t care what they say . Thai or true NLD strains are LOOONG flowering varieties. No offense but the Dutch have messed up a lot of genetics. ( NOT ALL) but a lot. Just my 2 cents I do have a pack of Metal Haze X Burmese I think it’s called metal dragon.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Also worried my P1 generation pollen may be getting old. Will try it on Sour D, Blue Dream and Strawberry Cough. The Strawberry Cough smells heavily influenced by Haze interestingly. It has a different pointy hair and long thick colas.

Strawberry cough has haze in its pedigree. The best even left that beautiful church smell after being puffed.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Where does Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough come from? Is it a selection from the old seed line from Dutch Passion or a different gene pool ?
I had a clone of Strawberry Cough selected by a friend around 2010/12, I made 2/3 runs with her before letting it go, she was pleasant sativa dom hybrid but no keeper material, she had a sweet lemony taste but no berries and the high was not really powerful, it was a nice tasty, easy ,day smoke. There is certainly much better ones to be found.