What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevada County

I wonder if theyre just trying to keep people from moving there and will roll out plans in the future... how could they deny the money at this point, but thats pure speculation

ApolloAK

I wonder if theyre just trying to keep people from moving there and will roll out plans in the future... how could they deny the money at this point, but thats pure speculation

A lot of places are reacting to the new regs by banning licenses. They don't want to be in charge of coming up with new regs, but they don't want to give control to the state over. Hopefully I can convince my county to reverse their decision.

ApolloAK

Put together a petition get it signed ...Siskiyou County collected enough signatures in 17 days to put a moratorium on the ban there ...now it will be up to the voters to decide.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7299695#post7299695

How do I put a petition together? I just found out my county banned all cultivation back in November. I know a lot of people I could get to sign a petition but I'm not sure where to start putting one together

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So its called a referendum ... the petition lets the BOS supervisor know that the citizens dont agree with them. I have the wife getting the name of the lawyer used to write our local petition ... Ill see if you can get you an email and get you connected up and perhaps they can help guide you through some of this.

ApolloAK

I was able to get my hands on Yuba County's Petition. Working on getting some local people together to fight this

B gump

Nevada County Residents need to "Vote No on Measure W". The vote will take place on June 7th. You need to be registered to vote in the county as soon as possible.
If Measure W is approved, it will continue the Outdoor cultivation ban currently implemented in all of Nevada County and it will be almost impossible to overturn or change the ordinance without having a completely new vote.
The Sheriff requested and was approved by the board of supervisors for raising the Counties budget for one of the Helicopters they use. 2015 Budget alotted was for $25,000. Now in 2016 they have been approved for $55,000. This is for only one of the 4 helicopters they use to survey your properties.
The Counties our taking away our right to cultivate outdoors. This is not right. Spread the word people. The county did not pass the Commercial cultivation Measure S ordinance in 2015, due to lack of voters support.

ApolloAK

City of Williams can now put a lien on your property for possession of medical marijuana now...

It's not illegal, it's just banned and they want to steal all your shit to balance their budget. Oh yea and the Police Chief is a former NET-5 agent. This fucking reaks of corruption.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
8x10.jpg

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Nevada County Residents need to "Vote No on Measure W". The vote will take place on June 7th. You need to be registered to vote in the county as soon as possible.
If Measure W is approved, it will continue the Outdoor cultivation ban currently implemented in all of Nevada County and it will be almost impossible to overturn or change the ordinance without having a completely new vote.
The Sheriff requested and was approved by the board of supervisors for raising the Counties budget for one of the Helicopters they use. 2015 Budget alotted was for $25,000. Now in 2016 they have been approved for $55,000. This is for only one of the 4 helicopters they use to survey your properties.
The Counties our taking away our right to cultivate outdoors. This is not right. Spread the word people. The county did not pass the Commercial cultivation Measure S ordinance in 2015, due to lack of voters support.

Word is the Sheriff will get another chunk of $$$ for flyovers if we lose the election ... Sounds like they might not be chopping many plants though ... easier to fine per day ...

rampant florist

Now the medical side is trying to get "Measure W" off the ballot. Measure W states no outside grows and 12 indoor per residence. I agree this should be removed from the ballot. In November 2014 we tried to pass "Measure S" that would allow outside cultivation but that was strongly rejected by the voters that voted. And there lies the problem, The turn out for yes votes on S was horrible. I don't think the no on W camp will turn out for the vote and be denied for a second time on outside grows at which point the sheriff could continue his drug war.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
It has a high likely hood of still making it to the ballot ... The language of the ballot will have to be written to be non-biased and state what a No vote would actually do ...

Measure S really had no chance after they raided our VP and delayed to make sure the ballot question was printed biased.

Guess what all the charges have been dropped ... SHAM ... This is the Sherrifs last chance at getting a ban and he is getting desperate ...

That being said the election will be close ... there are double the growers up here since Measure S Failed ... and the Facebook / Volunteer base has doubled since that time ...

Web Sign up List for Volunteers
Please update your info to include your Phone #
http://eepurl.com/0CPx9
Like Our Facebook Page’s
https://www.facebook.com/NevadaCountyASA
https://www.facebook.com/NevadaCountyCC/
https://www.facebook.com/asa.nevadacounty

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Also allot of grower's voted against Measure S, They didn't want to be limited if legalization occurred ...

The BOS can also delay the ballot measure to The Fall ... or Not have one completely ...

Then we would have to get an initiative on the ballot ...

No votes are allot easier to obtain ...