What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how much BHO

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK this is what I have going 6 oz of quality bud to use for BHO. 12x1 Okief extractor holds 22g. I have 168g/22=7.6 extractions 8 cans of vector if I did the math right This Sensi Star is making my head spin. The bud I'm using is a mixture of SSH,SLH,SS,NYCD, all bud not trimmings. So I'm wondering what kind of weight I might get. I know it wont be that accurate. Will see how close we get.

Last edited:

edux710

i think the best yeild you are going to see is about 22% and the worst maybe around 15%. I usually get about 1.5 grams (just under a half eigth) for every 7grams (quarter oz) i use. that is my rule of thumb

edux710

it all matters witht the quality of what you run. i got even less than 10% before with very poor poor starting material that was not even woth the cost of the can of tane. the better stuff you have the more you will get. start with whole nugs of the frostest stuff you can find and you will not be dissapointed. and remember to use very little butane. i said in another post, i use about 1/3 of a 300ml can for about 28 grams of material. then i can go back and shoot a little bit more and see if anything more is there, but for the most part more tane is not better. if you use a lot of tane you will just get a very runny dark product, i have had it sizzle and pop by using trash and too much tane. do a good purge too, everythig you need to know is on this site already. good luck, welcome to oil ville.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was reading another thread here where most of the people agreed that 1 300ml can for 1 ounce of bud. Let me see if I can find it

G.O. Joe

Veteran
more tane is not better.

I'm not familiar with butane but when extracting buds with pet. ether dropwise in columns for THCA isolation, it was found that the THCA did not extract quantitatively in it when using only a reasonable amount of solvent; it's probably the same for butane. Heating the residue bud in air until all plant water and solvent is gone, decarboxylating in the oven (for 2 hours after the herb has reached 225F, or, carefully, 30 min. at 250F), and extracting again gets extra product out when petroleum ether (bp 50's C) is used. The decarboxylated cannabinoids are more easily soluble in nonpolar solvents like butane and pet. ether, and more easily exhaustively extracted. It isn't pretty or handy to smoke, but it's very potent since the terpenes mostly came out in the first extraction.

If you decarboxylate before any extraction then you can use less butane, maybe much less, and all the THC will come out, but it will be runny and darker.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK here is my first run 1oz with one can 300ml of Vector. Don't know the weight. It's sitting on the blade now Im just going to leave it there until tomorrow.

picture.php

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
if you use a lot of tane you will just get a very runny dark product, i have had it sizzle and pop by using trash and too much tane. .

completely untrue. no one believe this unless you want to be mislead :)

reasons for dark product are never amount of tane used. sizzling and popping is never a result of too much tane used either. both problems arise from totally different factors, unrelated to amount of butane used.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would think it's dark from the over ripness of the bud. I used all bud that was 100% amber.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the purge\. What you see on the blade is after I scraped this . Im not sure how to wiegh it? is it just like wieghing bud? I think I got 1g fromm 22g of bud? my scale will do grams but is not very accurqate at these low limits. It will blink on most at 2g. I put the 2 dram oil bottle on the scale and it was 9g when I filled it blinks from 10-11.

picture.php

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you guys think is better Vector vs Colibri.

Both measure under the 15 ppm test limits in the comparisons that I've seen.

I can't tell the difference operationally or taste wise, though I usually don't use either, because 4 X Lucienne measures below 15 ppm as well and is cheaper locally.

GW

Latest posts

Latest posts