What's new

You know you live in the country if......

redlaser

Veteran
This is true but it was hilarious. Unfortunately he was frying a lot of harmless moths and midgets that provide food for other creatures. I have lots of bats and barn swallows but the skeeter population has been down because it’s been so dry.

Even if moths and midges are getting fried you should be alright, maybe won't make you popular with those that wanted to eat them.
Midgets though.. someone will be looking for them eventually. Not a lot of meat on most midgets either.

As far as the purple lazyboy in the front yard, that reminds me of a short story. Guy I worked with used to work for Sears and some guy came in and wanted enough pastel purple paint to do his whole two story house.
He had some beef with the city or county and it was his way of being a pain in the ass to them. They couldn't make him change it and its been that way almost twenty years. It's in a nicer area of a large city on a heavily travelled road that's getting a lot of new development within a few blocks of it.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Even if moths and midges are getting fried you should be alright, maybe won't make you popular with those that wanted to eat them.
Midgets though.. someone will be looking for them eventually. Not a lot of meat on most midgets either.
lol...don't tell the boys in the fishsticks thread.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran

As far as the purple lazyboy in the front yard, that reminds me of a short story. Guy I worked with used to work for Sears and some guy came in and wanted enough pastel purple paint to do his whole two story house.
He had some beef with the city or county and it was his way of being a pain in the ass to them. They couldn't make him change it and its been that way almost twenty years. It's in a nicer area of a large city on a heavily travelled road that's getting a lot of new development within a few blocks of it.

Good for him. Fuck all those hoity-toity assholes who want to dictate how everyone's house is. They can shove their white picket fencepost bullshit up their asses.

You know you live in the country when your neighbors have giant heaps of scrap/stuff/parts on their front porch that's only grown for the past decade or two.

N

noyd666

just reading a yarn from new Zealand that said some house owners should get better looking cars as they did not suit the neighbourhood, toned the area down fer selling houses. snobbish shit ha.

R

Robrites

You have more wild game in the freezer than you do beef.

picture.php

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have more wild game in the freezer than you do beef.

View Image

right on!!! back in the early '90s when all the space that I had was a mobile home I put a small chest freezer in the master bedroom with me, the compressor kicking on never woke or bothered me. I hunted plenty but did an ungodly amount of fishing, if I wasn't sleeping or working I was fishing, and lots of times when I shoulda been sleeping I was fishing. :)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn!...no bats around this year and the skeeters are bad.

next year; if the little vampires are this bad?..

...I'm getting a commercial fogger and filling it with DDT
better just to build or buy (they're cheap) a bunch of bat houses, tack them up on trees so that they'll be in the shade during the high heat & sun of the day. If you'd figure out a way to put a collection tray directly under each house you could collect fresh guano, probably not much but enough to make it interesting; collect the trays, clean and replace during the evening hours. :)

:dunno: jmo

You can have a Lazy Boy, outdoors.

I'm thinking about buying a purple lazy boy as a lawn chair for a friend with a hernia. So they can visit and clean bud.

But I'm not sure if I want to be responsible for a purple lazy boy for the next 20 years of my life.

Maybe I'll offer a bit less :tiphat:

serious??? idk. check out CraigsList, cheap prices for sure.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know you live in the country if.......

you enjoy the cleaning of your guns just as much as you do shooting them.

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Everyone thinks having a few hens is alrite to get fresh eggs in the morning and have a bucolic breakfast every day. But sometimes reality is not what you expect. I've got those hens, but all their eggs i give them away cos i don't like eggs. Anyway, there are more people here who does, only it's me who cares for the chickens.
Now, there's Tejero too, a cock that cock-a-dooddles a lot, anytime, several times, as soon as anyones approaches the enclosure, he starts flapping his wings, sharpens the beak against the ground and then attacks.
In order to prevent these attacks, i either hit him with the plastic bucket or throw a cloth on top of him. As i get there several times a day, you can imagine the daily fight. The fuckin idiot doesn't understand that i'm just there to feed him, and that i could kill him so easily with a neck twist. I respect him cos he's so brave defending the hens, but still he's a fuckin idiot.
And this is getting worse and worse, for he's a traitor too. Sometimes he'll not attack straight away, but wait until i turn my back to him. But i'm too fast for the bastard and hit him with the bucket just before he reaches me. It only gets him angrier, i only hit him harder or i put the bucket over his head.
Then, when i leave he cockadooddles like he won. That last bit gets on my nerves, probably he's telling the hens that i left because he won the fight or something, hens are stupid and believe this fuckin bullshitter pimp, cos they still worship him.
I think a proper farmer would just kill the fucker, make soup stock and put a calmer one instead, but i believe in karma and karma coud hit back. I won't put a photo yet because oversensible people might get biased. So, would you...
A.- Offer him a quick departure from this world
B.- Carry on with the daily charade
C.- Release him into the wild

geneva_sativa

This got me laughing here, Kaochiu !

That is the fire that chicken have. In traditional Asian medicine they knew chicken has fire energy.

I would vote B, just for more entertaining stories from you in the future !

But I would probably make soup also. . .

What are the chance of that rooster reborn to make soup from you ? Very slim

But maybe after eating all that soup, you might start strutting, crowing and attacking anyone that get near your bitches !

R

Robrites

I have had a few "Attack Roosters" in my time. The only one I have ever cured ran up my leg right after I had just pored a hot cup of coffee. I drenched his head in it - he ran in circles - and never attacked me again.

VERMONSTAH

COUNTRY!

Yes that's a fisher cat! They tend to avoid cities up this way lmao!

Attachments

• 1970horseteam.jpg
    1970horseteam.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 9
  • flat,550x550,075,f.jpg
    flat,550x550,075,f.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 9
  • fisher-cat-21430231.jpg
    fisher-cat-21430231.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 10

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Everyone thinks having a few hens is alrite to get fresh eggs in the morning and have a bucolic breakfast every day. But sometimes reality is not what you expect. I've got those hens, but all their eggs i give them away cos i don't like eggs. Anyway, there are more people here who does, only it's me who cares for the chickens.
Now, there's Tejero too, a cock that cock-a-dooddles a lot, anytime, several times, as soon as anyones approaches the enclosure, he starts flapping his wings, sharpens the beak against the ground and then attacks.
In order to prevent these attacks, i either hit him with the plastic bucket or throw a cloth on top of him. As i get there several times a day, you can imagine the daily fight. The fuckin idiot doesn't understand that i'm just there to feed him, and that i could kill him so easily with a neck twist. I respect him cos he's so brave defending the hens, but still he's a fuckin idiot.
And this is getting worse and worse, for he's a traitor too. Sometimes he'll not attack straight away, but wait until i turn my back to him. But i'm too fast for the bastard and hit him with the bucket just before he reaches me. It only gets him angrier, i only hit him harder or i put the bucket over his head.
Then, when i leave he cockadooddles like he won. That last bit gets on my nerves, probably he's telling the hens that i left because he won the fight or something, hens are stupid and believe this fuckin bullshitter pimp, cos they still worship him.
I think a proper farmer would just kill the fucker, make soup stock and put a calmer one instead, but i believe in karma and karma coud hit back. I won't put a photo yet because oversensible people might get biased. So, would you...
A.- Offer him a quick departure from this world
B.- Carry on with the daily charade
C.- Release him into the wild
Is there a Mrs kaochiu? or is it just you and Tejero ....and the girls??
A if there is a mrs k: B, if there isn't... you need the company.:biggrin:..C??? nope. sumtin else will eat it..

EDIT: You know you live in the country ... if you fight with the poultry and loose. < I'm sorry, I cant help it...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

you don't look silly in a cowboy hat:

aaa1909_zpshf1bfzqb.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts