What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Q3corn's dank mini adventures

PCBuds

... Something I can take off and clean every few days.

If you wanna clean it every few days then maybe a grease filter before the hepa filter to help keep the hepa from clogging...

You can spray it with oil so dust sticks go it.

q3corn

I really don't see a reason to get 3 filters for something that only needs some smell filtration. Seems like overkill.

PCBuds

Okay...

What about a blower/fan for something like a woodstove or fireplace.

A bit higher pressure and a bit lower volume.

I know nothing about your filter/scrubber but it sounds like it needs more pressure.

q3corn

All true comments.

Basically the goal of this little cab is to do everything as small as I can. Similar to what people do in PC cases.

Fan is 55 cfm pc fan, 120mm. Filter is made from 4" drainage pipes and activated charcoal for aquarium filters. The charcoal used to take up the entire space of a 2" deep space in the drain pipe, but I reduced it to about 1" today.

Again, I'd rather not pull out my big fans and carbon filters because they're just so overkill and take up more space than I'd rather have. I only have my bedroom to house these in, no spare room or garage, so cubic feet are valuable here.

PCBuds

If I knew nothing about carbon scrubbers (which I don't, Lol 😆 ) and wanted to build my own, I would buy something like these and try them...

PCBuds

If you could rig up something like this, you would increase your surface area and increase you CFM.

PCBuds

. Filter is made from 4" drainage pipes and activated charcoal for aquarium filters.

I use a Britta filter and the aquarium activated charcoal to filter my "wine"...

I didn't know you could use it to filter air??

Lol

q3corn

It's the same stuff!

Britta filters have other things in them to further catch what the carbon cannot.

Also, that's a lot of fuckin' grape juice, buddy.

q3corn

Well, I think I'll have to get rid of that 9 pounder. She's got some root problems for sure and smells like mildew. I gave her a little flush with h2o2 but I'm not sure that'll really do much at this point. Most of her leaves are getting brown and wilty and I have a lot of plants ready to go into flower, so I'm not sure I want to spend any extra energy on 5 grams of a maybe plant.

Good thing these were all tester seeds! If the end of this week doesn't look any better, I'm 0 for 6 on the 9LBxSUV plants and 1/6 on the JHxPG plants...

It's always hard to toss a plant.

imakandi

hello
qc3corn

i like thread much lot
can ask?
what sustreate use?

you think of koko for mini grow?
small glass can construction big plant
easy
and water hand throw like the soil
but you grow you instruction

in past, i fight by yellow plant
move to koko
today family think i know grow

sorry to english :-(

thank share
is good mini grow
:huggg:

q3corn

Hi imakandi! Thanks for coming by!

For substrate I use an organic soil with added perlite and mycorrhizal. I've thought about coco, but I don't want to be feeding more than once a day, my schedule doesn't really allow for that, and I don't think my space is big enough for an automation system. My solo cups have drainage holes in the bottom, so I *should* have enough drainage.

I think the yellowing is more to do with me getting used to the small pots again, and dialing my nutrient regime in. It takes a few months to really get a diy space running optimally. That's why the first plants that went in were ones I wasn't too woried about losing.

imakandi

hello
q3cornc :)

understand, thank
i suppart you in decizion

make wish for future is good
care your self
visit again sure!
salut

Hi imakandi! Thanks for coming by!

For substrate I use an organic soil with added perlite and mycorrhizal. I've thought about coco, but I don't want to be feeding more than once a day, my schedule doesn't really allow for that, and I don't think my space is big enough for an automation system. My solo cups have drainage holes in the bottom, so I *should* have enough drainage.

I think the yellowing is more to do with me getting used to the small pots again, and dialing my nutrient regime in. It takes a few months to really get a diy space running optimally. That's why the first plants that went in were ones I wasn't too woried about losing.

q3corn

goodstuff guys......wonderful friday night, just wanted to come by and support q3corns thread

Hey Sunshine thanks for comin by!

Got plenty of news from this week. I had to bring my plants out of my place for the day yesterday because of a landlord walk-through, and they all survived. Benefits of micro growing is that they can all fit in a box and go down to my friend's house without much stress or effort.

When we got back, I decided I would try a new makeshift wicking cloner I made out of tupperware and perlite. I topped the 3 Gelato33xPurpleGoat plants so now they're down to just one or two nodes. One of them is male, and the other 2 hadn't shown sex yet, but I wanted to just practice with this new cloner because it's so low-tech and easy I can leave it on my desk without any issues. I'm gonna reveg these plants as soon as I know their gender and use them to make f2's of this cross just to get some seed stock built up, since I only have about 20 seeds from this cross, and I hate the idea of running out of seeds :biggrin:

Anyway, because of that I also decided to throw a few other plants into flower last night. 2 bagseeds from a bag of bubblegum I got back in 2014. I grew some of these out years ago and they were sweet, sugary, low stretch, and dense. I wanna see if that's what's going on again.

I got too many little projects and ideas going on! Didn't take any pictures, I get lazy about that.

q3corn

Picture updates and TMI details!

Flower cabinet:

Back left: Jack Herer x Purple Goat
Front left & center: Gelato 33 x Purple Goat
Back right & front right: Bagseed bubblegum

The JHxPG is the only plant that survived from my first seed batch. It's at day 30 of flower. I suspect I'll only get about 5-7 grams off of it.
The G33xPG's got topped a few days ago. Did a thing where I wanted to test my new cloning system, as well as try to get backups of these plants in case they're keepers. They've been in flowering for about 2 weeks, but since getting topped I suspect they'll be held back about a week. I don't even know if I'll keep them in here, I'm really just trying to sex them. Might take them out after they show sex and veg them for a little longer.
The Bubblegums are at day 4 of flower. These ones were also testers since they're my oldest seeds. I just wanted to make sure they were still viable. Haven't had a male out of that batch yet, so these might have been S1's or some other accidental feminized seed.

Veg cabinet:

Back row: (3) Chuy x Purple Goat
Middle row: (2) Dogwalker x Conifer & (1) Conifer
Front row: (4) Conifer

The Chuy x Purple Goats were again tester seeds. All the seeds that came from my purple goat crosses came out very small, and I was worried they weren't viable. Turns out they are and I'm just a paranoid person. Just hadn't ever seen seeds small like that!

The dogwalker x conifers were the only 2 out of 3 seeds that germinated. It was an accidental pollination, and since I only found 3 seeds I think I did pretty good at keeping it back. I got the dogwalker clones from a friend and wanted to grow these seeds out for them. I got plans to continue that line and find something very dogwalker-like but yields a bit more like the conifer does.

The conifer is my first purposeful cross of Northern Lights x Citrus Sap, and there's a short thread about that in one of the other breeding forums. I lost my momma and poppa plants that I was going to make f2's out of, so these are the seeds that I popped to restart that project. I don't have a lot of seeds from that initial cross, and they're a lilttle on the immature side. I only have these 5 out of the 8 seeds that I attempted to germinate.

There's your too-much-coffee update for this week :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts