What's new

Ivar The sneaky, stealth growbox @66w SiL

bajson

Hello fellow microgrowers. I have been lurking here for quite some time and now the time has come for me to share some of my growing adventures aswell.

The setup consists of a lockable metal cab from Ikea called Ivar that measures 80x30x80 cm. Inside Ivar is a diy led fixture with six e27 11w 2700k led lights, also from Ikea with the bulbs removed. The Fan and filter is a S&P TD 160/100 4" extractor fan fitted with a fan speed controller and a Carbonactive 200z homeline filter.

The first grow inside this cab was with three Auto viking NL plants from Nordenseeds wich came out at around 51g or 0.77 gpw.

RPjlFG5.jpg

The ongoing grow wich has just started is one Auto viking ak47 and one Auto viking thor (amnesia) both from Nordenseeds.

The cab looks like this when closed:

yVwiAFG.jpg

Ivars guts and glory, this shot is taken 28/9-19 so two days ago.

wfJ0fs2.jpg

Lst and possibly a scrog net will be used for holding the beasts in place.

Thats all for now:tiphat:

Last edited:

bajson

Hi bajson, nice setup! How was growing that auto viking NL plants? Smell, effect?
Happy growing :tiphat:

Hello El Tigre. The NL plants was very forgiving to grow. Smell after a couple months curing is like a spicy citrus, it makes my nose sting a bit after smelling a broken up bud. Effects differ abit between them as two of three was more leaning towards the sativa side and one finished quicker and more to the indica side. The buzz is calming and heavy on the body but at the same time it is upliftning for the mind. A nice all around effect without getting racy upstairs.

CvW9zF5

Update on the cab coming soon. They are coming along nicley. :tiphat:

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
how silent is the fan? i've been thinking about getting an S&P fan. can you hear it at all? can they stay on 24/7?

bajson

how silent is the fan? i've been thinking about getting an S&P fan. can you hear it at all? can they stay on 24/7?

Hey, the fan does its job but there is a small imbalance wich is kind of annoying. I have the cab right next to me and my Gfs bed and we can sleep beside it no problem but it isnt 100% silent. Keep in mind iam using a fan speed controller to dial it down and run it at its lowest setting aswell. I have it on 24/7 yes.

And now time for an update covering the last few weeks.

tUIjnYp.jpg

The first lst.
jFk7fEY.jpg

MHL4SoM.jpg

bajson

Scrog net mounted. Day 15.
dULoIpk.jpg

More training. Day 22.
FJxALyr.jpg

Today. Day 28. The Amnesia is abit further along in flowering but it hardly did any stretching and by the looks of the leafs its leaning more to the indica side of things. The AK is still filling out its side of the net and isnt finished stretching quite yet it seems.
9a7Uat3.jpg

2TkryXy.jpg

:tiphat:

bajson

Day 66. Things have been going a bit ruff for the girls. Some what i believe to be deficiencys caused by wrong ph alomost killed them of, but it seems i got it right and they are still moving along nicely all things considered. Yesterday was last feed i will be giving them and then its only water until harvest. Both smell really nice and is sticky as hell, the Amnesia got some rock hard buds on her to.

Amnesia
2bCCSrk.jpg

Ak47
0tb3LgK.jpg

q3corn

Looks good!

Seems like you basically have a grow tent inside the cabinet, is that correct? That's a really cool way of handling the light leak issues that cabinet construction has. Nice work!

bajson

Looks good!

Seems like you basically have a grow tent inside the cabinet, is that correct? That's a really cool way of handling the light leak issues that cabinet construction has. Nice work!

That is correct, gutted an old grow tent and reused the material for the cabs inside. I also used some weatherstrips for the doors.

So the plants was harvested just before christmas and here is the final weight on both.

AK47.

MkqBfMa.jpg

Amnesia.

uNFHkdQ.jpg

All in all happy with the harvest. The looks, smell, taste and potency is all there but i was hoping for a few grams more. This matched my last run in terms of weight, 50g total from 66 watts of light and they were taken at day 85 ish from sprout.