in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > Highest extraction yeild

Thread Title Search
Highest extraction yeild Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2018, 05:08 PM #1
1labs

1labs is on a distinguished road
Highest extraction yeild

I was woundering what is the highest extraction yeilds anyone has seem and what sort of equipment and machines did they use.
Thanks
1labs is offline Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 02-11-2018, 05:11 PM #2
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
I’m interested as well.
Just out of curiosity more n anything.

Quality over quantity, using the equipment I have now, is the ultimate goal.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2018, 11:40 PM #3
justintime420

justintime420 will become famous soon enoughjustintime420 will become famous soon enough
Using the mkiv and a 2lb column Hit 25% yields of dewaxed decent quality 80-90% thc extracts usually will be from properly ground up or machine nugs (taking out all the bad stuff before using the machine) or using kief

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:23 PM #4
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
Around 25% using BHO or sub zero ethanol.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 07:32 AM #5
justintime420

justintime420 will become famous soon enoughjustintime420 will become famous soon enough
Hey GW it was BHO only a couple times got that high of a yield

Old 02-13-2018, 12:45 PM #6
gumby420

gumby420 will become famous soon enoughgumby420 will become famous soon enough
I hit 24% once with some GG4 BHO
gumby420 is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 02:03 PM #7
Caribbean Smoke

Caribbean Smoke is on a distinguished road
We are currently running experiments in our lab to try to figure out how to optimize yield. We have noticed that soaking the material twice in butane/propane (Precision PX1) and not packing the columns too tightly gives us the best result.

However, we still see a lot of variability in yield when we convert BHO to distillate. We have a tried a few different short-path setups (monocow, three-port receivers, various boiling flasks). This is very frustrating. Our baseline assumptions are 50gm per pound of raw (not trimmed) flower, or 11% distillate yield.

Our process is BHO -> Degum (Citric Acid) -> Winterize -> RotoVap -> Short-path.

We are thinking of switching the Short-path to DCVC precisely because of the yield variability, but are just beginning to try this technique. For what it's worth, our observations are that the boiling flask of the SP should be run with the most amount of material possible. For example, we get better yields (as a %) when we fill a 5L boiling flask with 1,800gm BHO than with 300gm.

Can anyone with experience in DCVC tell me if the BHO -> Distillate yield is better or at least more consistent? Any critique on our process to help optimize yield?

Gray Wolf: I would like to have an email conversation with you about techniques if that is possible. Thank you.
Caribbean Smoke is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 02:19 PM #8
Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by justintime420 View Post
Hey GW it was BHO only a couple times got that high of a yield
Depending on strain, we typically see between about 18% to 22% using subzero techniques, but have seen 25% and heard of higher, just never personally seen one.

The next question of course becomes how much of it was target C-10/22 elements and how much non target such as C-20/34 plant fatty acids/waxes, C-40 beta Carotene, and C-55 Chlorophyll and Pheophytin.

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:24 PM #9
Gray Wolf

Try:

Graywolfslair1@gmail.com

Old 02-13-2018, 09:29 PM #10
dybert

dybert is a jewel in the roughdybert is a jewel in the roughdybert is a jewel in the roughdybert is a jewel in the roughdybert is a jewel in the roughdybert is a jewel in the roughdybert is a jewel in the rough
My highest yield of all time was on some Reservoir Seeds 4SD, 23.5% (pure propane)
dybert is offline Quote