What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coco beds...adjusta wing 2 wire converts kits...oh snap

Green ligh

Pardon my ignorance... I am unfamiliar with blue mats. Do you have a thread link? I thought coco needed 20% runoff to avoid salt buildup/lockout.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
its a kind of trick emitter set to soil moisture. i dont hear of folks using them at scale. i also wouldnt do it first grow. its a bad suggestion especially for a first time grow. this dtw system in this thread is the most efficient one for my situation and the easiest for me to run and maintain, and achieve optimal results.
i wouldnt change much.i basically copied this system and learned coco on it. i think its amazing. i was a soil grower til i read this thread and a few others. best decision ever.
biggest improvement to my garden efficiency since i added weed.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
20% runoff is a mandatory thing when you feed coco at high ec, but if you're only giving the plants what they ask for salt build up is minimal...also h&g drip clean eliminates salt build up completely. I use about 3 gallons of water per day per light using straight coco, and used even less when I used blumats(I've ran up to 4k w/ blumats...could do more but it's necessary to spend the first week or so dialing them in)

I think once you get to the point of blumats on more than 4k, the $ is better spent of a proper drip setup, and drips systems require less maintenance than blumats...blumats are just nice because they keep the moisture levels ideal all the time...I just dumped a quart or so of fresh water top fed through each pot once a week to pull some air into the medium.

the finished product from well executed coco grows is second to none imho.

metamorphasis

I've got a situation where my clones are ahead of my new room. I had expected to be finished a week ago but am waiting on an AC unit to arrive. It should be here and installed within 7-10 days. Problem is that half are already rooting. They currently have adequate space, but I'm concerned about leaving them in the domed trays for so much longer. As an alternative, I could put them into coco pots, jam them into my room, and just turn on 25% of the lights, on dim, with a single exhaust fan. I feel I could limit the temp to the mid-upper 90's. The irrigation system will be tested tomorrow but the micro-sprinklers haven't arrived - just open tubes off the octabubblers. There is no CO2. Suggestions??

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
yes. make a small but useable and bigger space in your currntly under construction room. at the same time.
up pot into those snap together tray size flats of 3 inch pots of coco for the clones. hand feed them. wont need feed more than once a day for at least a couple few days if they even need it more that once every coulple days.dont over water. let them need the coco to be replenished so the roots overtake quickly and they can stay in rapid growth. watering too frequently in that size is easy. put under rows of t5's or dimmed hps. this will expand your likely maxed out space of 150-300 clones per t5 in 50 per tray spacing.
(or 2x4 space).
to 4 trays at 18 per tray under one t5.72 per 2x4 t5. that should only likely be tripling your spacial needs. as soon as those need feed more than once per day to not get too dry, put in 1 gals.

hopefully your build out can happen as you go from needing a few 4x8 spaces to needing spacing based on the 32 per t5 (2x4) one gallons will put you in.
in these pics you can see me doingg the same thing i described.
inside domes are a bunch of 1" cubes of clones. as they need feeing in that size and start to grow i transplant out to 3" cubes to make them dominate root space faster and also to save on my spacial resources.
picture.php
picture.php

I need some help figuring out how to wire these valves to the controller... Would be simple if the valves were all together using the 6 strand wire but having some trouble figuring the best way when each valve is on the side of the table?? If you could tell.me.how you did it or someone point me in the right direction would be awesome. Thanks

I have plenty of this 18/2 low voltage wire. Can I just run this from each valve back to the controller where there is a small piece of 6 cord . Keeping the commons all white and connecting the reds, in order to the corresponding zone colors the 6 cord goes to?

Pretty sure I answered my question after having to type that out

metamorphasis

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a feeding / foiler regimine? I imagine watering 5x / light cycle. 1/6 of a gallon per gallon pot. Sound right?

I've got my babies started in two groups about two weeks apart so we will see how it works out. mostly sativas. I have two flowering areas with flip boxes so one side could flower longer without holding anything up on the other side. I'm a little concerned as I shot for 12 plants for a 4x4 canopy but only have 8 plants. My thinking is to take more cuttings for one side at 12 plants for a 4x4 area and put the older plants on the other side at 10 plants for a 4x4 area. Any suggestions on 8 vs 10 vs 12 or am I splitting hairs?

sureshot66

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62429&pictureid=1476290&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I have plenty of this 18/2 low voltage wire. Can I just run this from each valve back to the controller where there is a small piece of 6 cord . Keeping the commons all white and connecting the reds, in order to the corresponding zone colors the 6 cord goes to?

Pretty sure I answered my question after having to type that out
hah yea u did all the commons usualy wont fit into the terminal make a whip wire off the ground terminal and connect them to that