What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

Grow On

Grow On

Red Rider
Thanks for the pic.s makes my mouth water just looking at your Sativa girl.
ying.gif

Peace MG

window

Veteran
hi red rider,many thanks for the santa marta info.after seeing the first pic of your smg you grew,i am now convinced that i do indeed have a sativa of santa marta origin.i do have a pic of the plant that i grew last year stored on my laptop,but being the complete technophobe that i am,have not worked out how to move it from there to ic.after being a lurker for years just recently i made the desicion to get more involved and start posting,i like it lol.so as soon as ive figured it out,i will post the pic.i also will take pics of a couple of buds i have left in my jar,if this is ok with you.just one more thing red,the bud smells like i can only describe as cats piss,have you ever come across this trait in any of your colombians?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
window, catpiss is actually not that uncommon to find in colombian sativas... tons of phenos have it.

some have it so strong it can be pretty offensive :D

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cat piss

Cat piss

window, catpiss is actually not that uncommon to find in colombian sativas... tons of phenos have it.

some have it so strong it can be pretty offensive :D

Yes it is true, I have found many clumps of bud here that has that very strong smell. I don't like it and in the past I have rejected lbs because of it. I could be wrong but I think that smell has something to do with curing or storage of the bud, and I think this because I had some seed from some very bad smell weed that I grew out and the finished bud had no piss smell at all. But then I've grown out seed from bud that had almost no smell after a long jar cure had a smell that was like piss but sweeter and not as overwhelming.

peace

window

Veteran
red rider,yeah this isnt an overpowering smell,sweet at first,with just a hint of catspiss.i couldnt put my finger on it as i havnt grown many sativas and find there smells quite suttle.it was only when i was reading reefermans description and he talked about the cat smell that i went and grabbed a bud to smell.here is a pic of my sat,grown 12/12 from seed.a few weeks into flowering. pic taken on mobile phone,poor quality.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Catpiss different to smell of moldy or bad lbs of bud maybe. Ammonia caused by fungus in bad bricks and similar that is normally smelt, catpiss terpenes different somewhat..speculating here?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That smell

That smell

red rider,yeah this isnt an overpowering smell,sweet at first,with just a hint of catspiss.i couldnt put my finger on it as i havnt grown many sativas and find there smells quite suttle.it was only when i was reading reefermans description and he talked about the cat smell that i went and grabbed a bud to smell.here is a pic of my sat,grown 12/12 from seed.a few weeks into flowering.[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42365&pictureid=999904&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] pic taken on mobile phone,poor quality.

Nice plant window! That looks just like some of the SMG I grew down here and it looks like you topped her where I did mine. I always wondered how these sativa's would grow inside and it looks like they do well, great work my friend. The more I think about the cat piss smell I would like to say that I have very little sense of smell any more. I was in the printing industry for 23 years and maybe smelling all those strong solvents burned out my nose but now most things I can't even smell any more. Cannabis has to really have some funk in it for me to notice much aroma and some smells are distorted so what your calling “cat piss” might smell like something else to me. Maybe I’m thinking of an ammonia stench I’ve found in some pressed Colombian buds both here and in the states. It’s funny, when I started writing this I had a point anyway thank you everyone for your posts and here’s some more SMG basking in the sun.

attachment.php

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Love this thread Red, thank you for posting all the pictures and answering all the questions. I have been a lover of Colombian herb for a long time and this thread has motivated me to grow out some seeds I got from Charlie, Oaxacan x Punto Rojo You say the Punto Rojo really carries over in the cross? That would be great, two of my favorite herbs crossed. I sit and dream about the flavors that could come out of that.
You sound like the kind of guy I'd love to sit and burn a few with some day.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Punto Rojo

Punto Rojo

Love this thread Red, thank you for posting all the pictures and answering all the questions. I have been a lover of Colombian herb for a long time and this thread has motivated me to grow out some seeds I got from Charlie, Oaxacan x Punto Rojo You say the Punto Rojo really carries over in the cross? That would be great, two of my favorite herbs crossed. I sit and dream about the flavors that could come out of that.

Thank you so much (and everyone else too!) and in my cross I grew the Rojo seemed be dom. But wow what a cross you have
Oaxacan x Punto Rojo ! What a combanation! I wish you the best grow. And my friend you are always welcome to smoke with me.

Viva Colombia

SMG looking good.

SMG looking good.

"maybe smelling all those strong solvents burned out my nose"

Same reason I got out of painting in the 80's, no more chems...

Great seeing what others are doing with these pure Sativa's would have never guessed such success under lights. Great job!
thank%20you.gif
ying.gif

swayzak

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

you got some fire there RandyCalifornia! From what I seen of Mextiza crosses, the Oaxacan pushes through. But that ain't a bad thing ;) looking forward to your results!
:)

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
you got some fire there RandyCalifornia!
Swazak, I know exactly what I have and appreciate very much the generosity and skill of Charlie Garcia. It is an honor for me to crack seeds from his own stash. I have been seeing the pictures and hearing the smoke reports and drooling over the possibilities from these seeds.
They're just two inch high seedlings now, but when they start to show anything interesting I'll post pics. Irie

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I just about finished off that lb. of Sativa. I smoked the buds everyway you can think of and made hash (dry) and ISO with it as well as butter for eatting. I find this batch of seeded bud to be very good and worth growing.The effect is almost perfect to me although in large doses it is not socail and tends to freak me out if I'm not in a comfortable setting. If I have to do something that requires calmness I either burn less or something else, I learned this the hard way more than once. Anyway I had to new locations fall threw and now am looking at another place to move at the end of the month. I'm dying to grow out some plants.

Peace from Colombia!

idiit

Veteran
^^ you've inspired a lot of us for 2013 od season. i've got quite a few landraces and lr hybrids i'm wanting to run. i'm looking for some property as od metro guerrilla grows severely limit the number of strains i can try out.

keep posting!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow them!

Grow them!

^^ you've inspired a lot of us for 2013 od season. i've got quite a few landraces and lr hybrids i'm wanting to run. i'm looking for some property as od metro guerrilla grows severely limit the number of strains i can try out.

keep posting!

Yes, yes grow them. Now is the time to get started. Even though I have to move I'm still going to sprout 10 to 20 seeds just to get them started. Everything I do is outdoors and very basic but the plants thrive here and produce top notch bud. I wish you the best on your OD and thanks so much for your kind words my friend.

Viva Colombia!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Well I just about finished off that lb. of Sativa. I smoked the buds everyway you can think of and made hash (dry) and ISO with it as well as butter for eatting. I find this batch of seeded bud to be very good and worth growing.The effect is almost perfect to me although in large doses it is not socail and tends to freak me out if I'm not in a comfortable setting. If I have to do something that requires calmness I either burn less or something else, I learned this the hard way more than once. Anyway I had to new locations fall threw and now am looking at another place to move at the end of the month. I'm dying to grow out some plants.

Peace from Colombia!

Sounds like racy stuff. Does it allow you to get things done when puffed in smaller doses?

Is guerrilla growing an option in Colombia? I mean you could just pick a remote place and see if they wanna go or not :)

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guerrilla Grow

Guerrilla Grow

Sounds like racy stuff. Does it allow you to get things done when puffed in smaller doses?

Is guerrilla growing an option in Colombia? I mean you could just pick a remote place and see if they wanna go or not :)

Hi Thule, yes I can get anything done while smoking a little dose. It is very racy depending on the situation I'm in at the time and the amount consumed. Somewhat like acid if your in a good situation when smoking the extracts or even more when eating it then its a very pleasent trip but let something negitive happen and and watch out. As far as a Guerrilla Grow here I thought about planting out in the country at our family farm about 2 hours from Bogota but we don't go there often enough to grow there. Close around me there's really nowhere that I know of to grow. I'll get a nice house with a big balcony or patio for my plants. I have no fear of the police but I'm sure plants growing unattended would get ripped. However I'm always looking for new grow
opportunities and I might get a new one.

attachment.php

Colombian Rainbow Sativa
Peace from Colombia!

Last edited: