What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SURFING

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Sux to hear bout the dude at teh wedge, that place is no joke though from the vids ive seen...got to finally surf last week in New Symrna...waist to stomach glasss...nothin crazy but, damn it feels good to get in the water...Peace

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never surfed before, but you guys have me feeling inspired to give it a shot!

Think I'm gonna take a "2 hour lesson" in the next week or so when I can free up a day without the little one.

Heh, I'll come back and let everyone know how it goes :D

Any tips for the complete beginner??

growshower

yeah that was horrible to hear about that bodyboarder, but that is a dangerous place in cali when it is cookin, spicoli, loading up some shots from this year for you, gotta make sure they are safe to put up here

growshower

well i cant tell you where i'm from, these are all east coast though, we don't get great surf here, but when it cooks, it fucking cooks, haven't had any good hurricane swell though

growshower

mr. bojangles, my best advice is just to rent a board, take a lesson or better take a friend, try it out

it is either for you or it isn't

but i promise you there is nothing more spiritual and beautiful than swimming in mother nature's pool as you watch the sun rise

Spicoli

Veteran
Nice pics growshower...nice to see a fellow shortboarder...You can def surf thats for sure:D...wish I could post some pics, but they all have a good pic of my face so no bueno...Bongjangles, balance is one thing that is a must when you surf, so id get that down first...good luck hope you have fun, surfing is the shizzzznit:D

growshower

spicoli, your a shortboarder too? what's your favorite board/shape/size? I normally am rocking that 6'2" JS, it is a great shape for the waves around here, i have a 6'3" sharpeye for when hurricane swell comes rockin, yeah i got really lucky with those pics with the sun that day on the ones where the waves are good, the others the waves were horrible but i had my back turned so i think they were all safe to put up here, you a east coast or west coast guy?

Spicoli

Veteran
East Coast 4 Life :D

Ya i ride a 6'3 or a 6'4 usally....Sharpeyes are great boards I have 1 also, ride a Wooster now and again....Peace

Spicoli

Veteran
Nah not yet, but its on my list of places I HAVE to go:D....Seen some pics of it bombing during the right swell...Peace

growshower

you have to man, it is insane, s-turns breaks so well when we have favorable swell/wind conditions

thank god for me it ain't nothing but a car ride

a long one, but makable for the right surf

Spicoli

Veteran
Ya im sure I will make it up there sooner then later:D

growshower

just picked up the new taylor steele dvd, you need to grab that as well, one of the nastiest surf flicks i have ever seen

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Took the lesson today - had a blast!!!

Needed a few attempts to get up at first, but after that I was good to go.

Spent the next couple of hours catching waves and having an awesome time. Definitely my new hobby.

Thanks again for the inspiration guys, wouldn't have done it if not for this thread.

Spicoli

Veteran
Well thats great to hear bongjangles...You now have had your first hit, of a new drug SURFING :D...cant bet the feelin of just been out in the water

growshower

congrats mr. bojangles, that is awesome that you got the initiative to just go out and do it, hope you have started a new passion, wish you the best

Latest posts

Latest posts