What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northen Lights Auto "Stay at Home" Grow

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My state officially imposed a stay at home order effective until April 10. I already have buddies asking if I have smoke, so I decided to setup a small grow.

Next is the hardest part, deciding what to grow. I knew I wanted it to be an auto for a quick harvest. So I got out my seed stash and sorted them into seven groups based on breeders, etc. Then I grabbed my D20 and gave it a roll. I rolled a 16, which was the pile with Norther Lights.

Female Seeds was kind enough to gift me some Northern Lights Auto seeds along with some other autos I tested for them. Not long ago, I won some Royal Queen Seeds Northern Lights Autos. Two of each hit the water last night.
picture.php

I went outside into my shed and found four five-gallon fabric pots filled with a living organic soil (Coots mix). These were going to be used for an outdoor vegetable garden. I killed a couple of black widows grabbing the pots, good thing they move slow when it is cold.

These were super dry, so I mixed up a couple gallons of water with some lavender Dr. Bronner's soap as a wetting agent. I threw in some tweetmint enzymes as well to get the biology going.
picture.php

I had everything I needed for a small 2x4 grow except for a tent, so I ordered a cheap one for the time being. When it gets here, I will be setting it up with my 250-watt Cree CXB3590 light a d a 4" fan with filter. More on that later.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Today I mixed top dressed the pots with some EWC and sowed a clover cover crop. Finally I mulched the top with rice hulls and watered them I with some EM1. Between that and the EWC, the microbiology should start kicking into high gear.
picture.php

Trying a new idea with the autos. I've had good luck with gently transplanting autos in the past, and difficulty watering small plants in large pots. So here I have cut the bottom out of the blue cups and put them in the red cups with drain holes. When it comes time to transplant into the 5-gallon pots I will simply remove the red cup and transplant while still in the blue cup. This will also help prevent the cover crop from choking out the plants when they are young. I mixed up a seedling mix of 50% fresh worm castings and 50% rice hulls and filled the cups in preparation for the seeds.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Royal Queen Seed NL (blue) both had tails, neither if the Female Seeds NL (green) did. I out them all in a mix of 50/50 EWC/rice hulls and watered them in.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Royal Queen Seeds NL Auto (blue) have all sprouted, one is missing a cotyledon, but should pull through. Only one of the Female Seeds NL Autos (green) have sprouted, but there is still plenty of time. I got the 2x4 tent in, but I haven't put it together yet. For now these seedlings are just chilling in my [home] office green house, 60% RH and 72°F.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My daughter never goes down in my basement. It's got the big TV and the home office. While I was doing the floors in the other room, I setup the light in my old greenhouse. Of course, my daughter suddenly came down and was staring at them. So I planted some veggie seeds and left the packets there as a disguise. LMAO
picture.php

El Tigre

Different auto NL comparison, you used your D20 to choice... how can I not follow this.
I started playing with basic "bio growing" now and i look interested

:tiphat:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got the 2x4 tent setup in the 4x4 veg room, that was a bit tricky to get setup. It's got a 4" fan and filter and a 250-watt Cree CXB3590 light. Since only three of the autos popped, I put three 5-gallon pots in there.
picture.php

The RQS NL Auto on the left is doing some odd leaf twisting, but otherwise they are doing well. I suspect they will take off under the bigger lights.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The RQS NL on the left isn't doing too well. Not sure if it is a runt, or simply got too dry, the cups are pretty dry in 24 hours. The Forgotten Cookies (purple cup) finally dried out enough to water again. Still no action on the last Female Seeds (green) cup, I'll give it a few more days then dig it up.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
These were drying out too much in the light mix, so I pulled the bottom cups and transplanted them. It worked pretty well, all had a tap roots circling the bottom. I dug up the missing Female Seeds and it looks like it had trouble with the seed husk and membrane. I tried surgery, but doubt she will make it.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The NL plants are still a bit unhappy, but are pulling out of their funk. Not sure if the fan is too high, the lights are too bright, or the pots are getting too dry. Either way, I lowered the light level a bit, put the fan on low, and watered them all with some coconut water, aloe, fulvic, and silica.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Looking a bit better today. The one on the right is a bit yellow, but they will pull out of it, today they got plain water.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The girls in the tent are looking much better today. New growth is lush and green, and the clover is taking over. Royal Queen Seeds NL on the left and right, Female Seeds NL in the middle. I made a tea with 1.25 gallons of water, 1/4 cup neem, and 2 tablespoons kelp. I added a 1/4 teaspoon of aloe powder and a teaspoon of silica.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Dont you love it when you dont look at your plants for a couple days, then BAM huge growth spurt. Guess they liked the neem/kelp tea I gave them.
picture.php

Got my sample pack from BioAg today. Only paid $10 in shipping and got Ful Power, Ful Humix, Vam, TM-7, and Cytoplus.
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My daughter never goes down in my basement. It's got the big TV and the home office. While I was doing the floors in the other room, I setup the light in my old greenhouse. Of course, my daughter suddenly came down and was staring at them. So I planted some veggie seeds and left the packets there as a disguise. LMAO
View Image

Love the disguise idea behind the seed packets and best of luck too ReikoX :good:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
These NL Autos sure have started to hit their stride. At just over three weeks, the Female Seeds plant (middle) is showing signs of flowering, and maybe a touch of nutrient burn on the tips. The Royal Queens Seeds plants (left and right) are showing no signs of flowering yet. The cover crop is having trouble keeping up with the plants now. I gave them all a feed of EWC extract and a bit of pumpkin FPJ.
picture.php