What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are they sick?

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
What exactly have you been feeding up till now? Sorry but it's easier than going back thru 10 pages of info.

First thing is to fix your ph. All the calcium in the world will not help if your ph is out and cal is locked up.

Give a shot of Cal Mag, Cal Max or something like that - 5ml/4L. Tap water is better than nothing if you don't have CalMag. Make sure to bubble it overnight to release the chlorine as a gas and settle the ph. Chlorine has a ph of 11 and will give false readings. As it gasses off the water, ph will drop.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
HeadyPete said:
What exactly have you been feeding up till now? Sorry but it's easier than going back thru 10 pages of info.

First thing is to fix your ph. All the calcium in the world will not help if your ph is out and cal is locked up.

Give a shot of Cal Mag, Cal Max or something like that - 5ml/4L. Tap water is better than nothing if you don't have CalMag. Make sure to bubble it overnight to release the chlorine as a gas and settle the ph. Chlorine has a ph of 11 and will give false readings. As it gasses off the water, ph will drop.

ok.

I'm giving 5 liters of waters, one day yes, one day not of RO water with a bit of tap water and:

25 ml of canna a+25 ml of canna b
10 ml of canna boost
12.5 ml of cannazym
7.5 ml of PK

I have easly absorbable magnesium and i can get calcium for friday...

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Are you giving the dosage canna suggests?
I also see some burning, leaves curling upwards, is there anyway you can move the light back up a bit?
Getting some dry heat there........

Did you boost your feeding up? Looks like you did, why did you do such a high jump?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
Are you giving the dosage canna suggests?
I also see some burning, leaves curling upwards, is there anyway you can move the light back up a bit?
Getting some dry heat there........

no sorry :(:(:(:(:(

yeah i'm suffering with my ladies :(:(:(:(:(

:badday: :badday: :badday:

what i'm doing is some severe supercropping and late LSTing to get the plants as far as possible from the hot spot.

Heat anyhow is a real issue... The top buds on average are @ 28 degrees (80 F) but some top buds are too close to the lamp.

They got a little burned i think, in fact the bud isn't soft but it's crispy. What should i do? cut the very top? or just let's the nature do it?

Anyhow on saturday i'm going to do some more training, now i'm too busy with study.

some pics:

And one of the crispy buds:

Did you boost your feeding up? Looks like you did, why did you do such a high jump?

No i raised from 1000-1100 ppm, gradually, in one week to 1300-1400 ppm bcuz i was still having some NPK def. As said in Canna schedule, during middle flower you have to raise nutrition, but i done mostly due to PK rather than anything else.

Being now at the middle of fifth week shouldn't i raise nutes and PKing till the end of the week, to move slowly to a reduction of nutes and flushing the last week?

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Your going to have to cut off the material, if it's that bad and I am sure it is from the pics, you will have to cut it off, otherwise having dead plant material close to other buds can cause bud mold.

So remove it from the grow room after you cut it off.
Yes, that happens when it gets close to the light, it dries the pistils out and they turn brown and crispy.

You have to take in account though you are using other products with it, so you got to be careful with the amount you use....... other wise you double up and you can burn them again.

I would not raise them anymore right now, the amount you have is a little high imo.

How often are you giving them this amount?

10 ml of canna boost
12.5 ml of cannazym
7.5 ml of PK

And yes, Petey is correct, add some calcium!
What is your pH at now?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
How often are you giving them this amount?

10 ml of canna boost
12.5 ml of cannazym
7.5 ml of PK

And yes, Petey is correct, add some calcium!
What is your pH at now?

I gave them one day yes, one day not.

And i have just a small runoff, not enough to check ph or ppm, but i can't raise the water ammount bcuz i can't have more RO water.

I add some photos, i think it's a cal-mag def, not a N def:

Oh, the youngling has a little burn sign:

I'm watering every 4 days a 700 ppm solution, under 200 W of floros... maybe too much?

Gotta flush it?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Is this the same strain as the others in flower?
I would not flush just yet..... Your others seem to be having a problem in flowering as well.

What is your night time temps when lights off?
Your plants are showing some phosphorus problems..... maybe due to lockout.....
Did you say you were pH adjusting or not? I could not remember.......

Those deep purple stems and leaves are showing phosphorus absorption problems.....
Possibly due to colder temps or not enough.....

The amount you are using with the Canna A+B, are you using there dosage? or are you using more than they recommend?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
Is this the same strain as the others in flower?
I would not flush just yet..... Your others seem to be having a problem in flowering as well.

I have just one strain in flower, Original Flo feminized from DP.

And i have one power plant in veg room.

What is your night time temps when lights off?

i dunno for sure, but temps goes between 68-86... Anyhow i keep day time temps lower than night time temps, as i know that this increase production.

Your plants are showing some phosphorus problems..... maybe due to lockout.....
Did you say you were pH adjusting or not? I could not remember.......

now the runoff ph is 5.4-5.5.

I'm watering with 6.0 water.

Those deep purple stems and leaves are showing phosphorus absorption problems.....
Possibly due to colder temps or not enough.....

Yeah my plant has the purple trait... it's common to have purple stems and i have them since she was born...

The amount you are using with the Canna A+B, are you using there dosage? or are you using more than they recommend?

I am using a bit lower than what they advice (18 ml instead of 20 ml on 5 liters), because i'm also giving tap water for calcium and a bit of magnesium (5 ml on 5 liters)...

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
I don't remember ever seeing them being that purple until just now.......

See here is the problem, when you adjust your temps you are causing your plants to eat a lot and then slow down so you could be burning them and not. It's confusing, but what I mean is, it's like a bear, they hibernate in the winter time and there metabolism slows down. Your temps can't be jumping up and down like that. Keep them stable and your problems should go away, but you were lacking calcium in your plants diet......

Latest posts

Latest posts