What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-<<[ NorthernLights and Bubblegum ]>>-

Chamez

looks good. i have a mango and ice plant about 3-4 weeks behind you. I hope my nugs look as good as yours.

mrgrowmez

Well here i am at 54 days flower......the northern lights are fat and sticky and im starting to give just plain water now, i might give em one more feeding but some family is coming over for four days and im just not sure if i can get through it undetected...... we'll see.

i have been suspicious of the bubblegum for a while now because it hadnt really goten any bigger buds just very airy and not much tricomes at all so today i picked a couplpe of buds and quick dryed em in the micro to test it out and when i chopped it up i discovered it was full of seeds! fuck........

dont realy know what to do with the plant now, it still got me a bit stoned but its still full of seeds.
luckily neither of the northern lights have seeded so im not sure what caused it........

the pics are of the nl's...

kyled07

Nice plants mate, theyve fattened up alot by day 32! Have they had any PK13/14 yet? If not i cant wait to see the difference after, if you have given them some how much did you give them?

Let us know which one produces the highest yield in the end :joint:

NG2k

looking great mr GM. unfortunately if one plant has seeded, it is likely that they all have. they were fem seeds werent they? even so they can still turn. looking flaming great tho mate..........
peace
NG2k :joint:

mrgrowmez

harvested one of the northern lights, (note to self - the bushy one)....took fucking ages but i got some great scissor hash!!!! no batteries in camera so a picture will have to wait......

mrgrowmez

dried and put into preserve jars to cure!!!!! had the first spliff tonight....was great smooth, but not much flavour....maybe the cure will improve it

ng i cut this one on day 68 there were lots of red trics, although it could have gone longer, ive left the other two to go at least another week to see the difference and cause they werent ready heheheh

NG2k

wow.... if you let it go for 68 days.... you'll be on your arse for weeks :yummy:. i have noticed that it doesnt really have much flavour, sometimes after a big hit you get a slightly skunky possibly citral taste in the back of the throat but i cant put my finger on it. how long did you dry for?
congrats mate... youve done well :D
NG2k :joint:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Nice job on he grow. I have grown seeds from other grows, with success, some of them may be male or hermi, but you will get some good females from the seeds too. I would pick off the seeds and keep them for future grows

mrgrowmez

well i hung it on sunday night on on thursday morning it was ready to be put into jars, it went quicker then i thought but i did let it go without watering before i cut it down.

cheers dr dog!!!

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey mrgrowmez, nice looking NL. Too bad about the Bub, it would have been really tasty. Take care man, looking forward to watching another of your grows.

B/R

mrgrowmez

hey black rain! good to see you again man. yea im bummed about the bubblegum too but i cut it down tonight and after trimming the buds look ok....maybe not the best weed but definetley worth keeping!!

so that was day 72 for the bub

im wating on some scales and batteries so ill put up some pics when it all gets here

cheers everyone

mrgrowmez

oh forgot to add...after trimming i had a nice little ball of scissor hash and man im baked off of one good hit....*smiles and squints*

Anima

Cheers mrgrow! :jump:
seems you can add a few experience points to your pot farmer tally!
one thing for your next grow: You should spin that light and reflector 90 degrees. So that the bulb is in line with the longest dimension of your cab. Those bat wing reflectors tend to give you a sort of linear footprint, and you want that to go with your garden.

mrgrowmez

ok just weighed upp the first nl i took down and it came in at 70 grams.....the bubblegum is still drying but i thnk it will be about the same and the last nl will probably be a bit less.....we will see!

cheers to you too anima! great to see ya

grow safe everyone

mr.g

kovenant

great progress. that sucks about the bg... did you ever see evidence of a hermi? that is my greatest fear with my upcoming grow... now days away :)

reading stories like this inspire and excite me, i cannot wait. thanks for the great progress report!

looking forward to a final dry weigh in!

kovenant

perhaps you can help me with a quick question growmez,

im still setting up my room for my grow (and my clones past-ready to be transplanted... so its time critical)

i was going to purchase the Living System bucket setup (which i still cant tell if its a DWC or a flood and drain system) or i've been reading blazeoneup's recirculating DWC bucket tutorial and am thinking of putting it together myself. just trying to weigh out the cost/time of building over buying the ready-made (seems i can pick up an 18 bucket Living System for under $400... and i'd rather build if i will only cost me a couple hundred.)

anyway. i guess that is one question i am trying to answer... but the question i had in mind for you is this:

i have a 11 1/2' x 8' flowering room. two 600W HPS lamps are spread to give a 4x4' footprint each without overlapping much light (the lamps are 5' from center to center... so about 3 1/2' apart.) since i plan on going DWC i am wondering how many buckets i should try to fit in the room (i was planning on 18 originally - because i can grow up to that many legally under present conditions.) but... im thinking that 18 may overtake the room i have, and not give me room to move and inspect later in flowering. in your opinion would having 3x3 (9) plants under each 600W be okay? or would i be better off with 3x2 (6) under each lamp? the more i read i am under the impression that if i had 6 under each lamp, but spaced and allowing more light to each - then i may get about the same yield in the end.

please give me your thoughts. :hotbounce