What's new

menstrual blood as fertilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
hey, so in cannaexists' humanure thread someone mentioned menstrual blood, and it reminded me that i had read about it being an excellent source of P in place of bone meal. the author of that article (i wish i could find the link) made the point that a lot of blood/bone soil amendments come from factory farms and could harbor all sorts of nasty pathogens, where as she (the author was female) knew exactly what she put in her body and thus could be confident that her junk only bled the highest quality menstruation.

so has anyone had personal experience with this? i'm looking for a good source of P (right now probably gonna use a dandelion extract) to round out my nutrients.

some questions i would have: what's the shelf life? how do i store it? how do i prepare it for application?

this is hardcore.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Personally to me all these human secretion organic ideas kinda contradict the idea of growing medicine. But that's because to me i wouldn't want to consume anything that was recently bled, shit or pissed on. Just not my style.

I much rather use things I wouldnt mind eating, like fish or plants. There's many sources of Phosphorous and i believe Blood is much higher in nitrogen than anything and is very hot. Theres bound to be weeds around you when your out your searching for a used tampon, thanks for recycling haha(sarcasm just for shits and giggles, or blood and giggles while were at it)

NUG-JUG

Personally to me all these human secretion organic ideas kinda contradict the idea of growing medicine.

yea the humanure is a stretch, but this is ridiculous. I'm planning a soil mix now, trying to eliminate blood and bone . it isn't that hard..with help from people here i've learned you can use soft rock phosphate, fish bone meal, or many other things..just research, and you'll come upon many alternatives to blood too.

h.h.

Veteran
I've used it before resulting in some excellent smoke. Great high, but the comedown was a real bitch, literally. Then I would get all moody and eat a lot of chocolate.

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Hahaha! This actually sounds like a wonderfully potent soil amendment. I've never fucked with Blood Meal but since that is dried/condensed I'd imagine you'd use more menstrual blood than you would blood meal. If it were me, I would compost it rather than using as a straight soil amendment.

My question: If you're not a female, then where would you obtain the gold from?

Peace'n'Love!

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I grow big plants, so I would have to suspend the bleeding bitch over my plant with bungees to apply it. I am willing, but I think it is gonna be hard to find a volunteer to help.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Personally to me all these human secretion organic ideas kinda contradict the idea of growing medicine. But that's because to me i wouldn't want to consume anything that was recently bled, shit or pissed on. Just not my style.

I much rather use things I wouldnt mind eating, like fish or plants. There's many sources of Phosphorous and i believe Blood is much higher in nitrogen than anything and is very hot. Theres bound to be weeds around you when your out your searching for a used tampon, thanks for recycling haha(sarcasm just for shits and giggles, or blood and giggles while were at it)

I agree 100%! Period blood.....fuck that. I won't even fuck a pussy on the rag let alone ask a chick for her used tampon or pad. That is just down right disgusting....and how in the hell do u ask for something a hospital would put into those red bags(seperate from regular trash) even dumpster diving for that nasty shit would be gross. Let's see.....slapped+digging thru trash+period utencils+plant play=nasty shit!! The slap added in is from the chick u ask....haha

P

Puddin'tane

picture.php

So yeah, menstrual blood has been used as a fertilizer for thousands of years in various cultures. And it's pretty much used the same way as blood meal. Now why all of you are getting all squemish, I have no clue.

I have known other who have used menstrual blood as fertilizer. And from what I have been told, and please do more research, is if you are going to use it in liquid form, dilute it in some water and pour directly into your garden.

Composting menstrual blood contained in maxi pads would be a bad idea unless you know a woman that uses sanitary products that do not contain chlorine bleached wood pulp like almost all of the pads and tampons you see in the supermarkets.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Perhaps Advanced Nutrients could come up with a product called 'Afterbirth - It's Not Just for Bloody Marys' which would be a good companion 'nute' for their 'Wet Betty' (old sloppy second's as it were) and their equally useless but ever-popular 'Butt Candy' elixir.

The label could be a real hoot and still be tasteful!

Hopefully.

CC

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
.......and then feminine product companies jump on the cannabis nute band wagon..designing products that utilize the female cycle each month which target the obscure organic grower.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
lol.. you need a good P source that is clean, get ORGANIC DEHYDRATED BONEMEAL made by foxfarm.. Otherwise, you should go on Craigslist and post on the wanted column for a girl on her period to bleed out and collect. That might be a first.. LOL! get ahold of yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.