in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Distinguished and Nurtured Kind Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2018, 06:53 AM #1
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

Welcome to the Halls of D.A.N.K. This will be a new journal for seed exploration. I've got a ton of stuff. Most of it old and perhaps not viable. With some luck, a few here and there will germinate. If they don't grow, at least they aren't clutter in the fridge any more.

This isn't a massive grow operation and by current day standards this is basically a micro grow. No worries though. I'm only growing for my own head. I only need enough volume to produce an uninterrupted supply edibles, extracts, and enjoyment.

To answer a few of the immediate questions:

Grow space? = room in a room style aka "the big ominous box". It's basically 8 x 6, or basic area rug size. Veg is 4'2" x 5' and flower is 2.5' x 5'. 7' interior vertical space.

Lights? = Veg is under T5 with plans to upgrade to custom LED. Flower is 2 x 315w CMH.

Grow method? = Organic soil bed. 24"w x 58"l x 16.5"d or roughly 80 gallons. The bed will likely only be filled with about 70 gallons of soil, or 15". This will either be 8 or 6 plants at a time. I will be transplanting into flower from 1 gallon containers and veg a bit in bed and spread plants under one screen and then flip into a full canopy double screen. Ideally.

3D model shows I won't have much room. Maybe only about 36-40" total between soil surface and minimum distance for lights. This means strain selection will be critical and it will ultimately hold more influence on what stays and what goes than anything. I could see this quickly becoming a 32 plant SOG where the plants are never taller than 18-22", as well.

Genetics? = First tray of seeds failed. BKGK Bx1 and Digi Bx2. There are more to try eventually. 2nd tray was better and will be the first flowered out. Nspecta's ATW x Bubba fems. Not far behind those, will be Med Tree SuzyQ Bx2, which is a 25:1 - 30:1 CBD line, essentially. A couple Relentless Big Easy failed. Tried a seed soak tea, and got a few older seed to crack and spit tails. Hopefully, round two of Relentless 818 x The White will break soil. That round was started with some Stank Bros FBPK and some SFV/Chem D IBL x SSCDH as well. Time will tell. If all those fail to give me anything to take up space, I'll pop some ABF Cobalt Haze since those are still hot off the press.

After not documenting anything new for a long time, I figured now is better than never with so much change and a new rig, why not?

I'll post more information and some veg shots before too much longer. We are still about 3 weeks away from any possibility of flipping for flower.

The ATW x Bubba show pretty heavy phenotype segregation. The plant that has my eye the most has no smell but very long, thin leaves. Much more Wreck influenced or rather, less Bubba dominated, perhaps is a better way to say it. The other, I marked as a standout 50/50 pheno and it is likely going to be the best of the bunch. Very rank sour lime funk on her stem rubs. A bit more vigor than Bubba alone, elongation in the leaves, but not too much thinning. However, all have limited side branching as they are maturing. It's very clear they'd make better SOG plants than bushed trees, but, perhaps we'll go that route once keepers are found.

Anyway, new grow journal. Woo hoo.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here
dank.frank is offline Quote

21 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:58 AM #2
Befri

Befri will become famous soon enoughBefri will become famous soon enough
Posted up for this!!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:05 AM #3
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
This is the basic layout. I have my goals, but I'm not expecting much. Just enough to play around with again. Rooms will all be HEPA filtered, climate controlled, blah, blah. The biggest issue will be humidity in flower during the night cycle simply because the limited space doesn't allow much room for a dehumidifier. It'll get worked out though.

dank.Frank
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:08 AM #4
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

Hey, Subrob, I see you lurking, brother.

Telling you right now, there are a few seeds that take priority. If they fail, they fail, but they aren't getting any younger. I gave Stoney a few of the Daywrecker x Va and that leaves me a few from the personals you gave. I have 5 Raskal x Va left as well. I see no reason those shouldn't be viable, and those are the next on the menu.

I want to sort those with Hummus Monk / Mack_10 Chem D x Chem '91 f/m and Chem '91 x Chem 91 f/m seeds. That male was a freak in CobCoop's Va S1's.

Best case scenario, I'd love to think I'll be able to salvage a SuperWrecker x D/'91 male line to sort.

After those, within the Chem family, it's Zoolander's Sis x NL. They will or they won't. Love to think they will.

Much love to the SDF crew. Can't count the time you all re-written the script for what is grown. Always honored to run the genes. Either way, I am getting to these beans ASAP. Let's hope for some great plants.

Oh, also have some Valley99 that will see earth sooner than later.

dank.Frank
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:57 AM #5
starke

starke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud of
Kickin' my shoes off and putting my feet up for this one.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My Ongoing Grow Diary: Starkes Story: An LED Tale Paused

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Tester Grow: (Completed 2/5/19)

browntrout's Tripleberry F2 Tester Grow: In Progress
starke is online now Quote

Old 08-22-2018, 01:20 PM #6
too-dope

too-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of light
subbed in.
too-dope is offline Quote

Old 08-22-2018, 03:05 PM #7
blynx
WALSTIB

blynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud of
Looking forward to following this thread!

Tried germing some BPP this summer but no luck.
blynx is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:14 PM #8
gmanwho

gmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant future
Sweet.

DF put the dehumidifier on a shelf or hang from the ceiling with threaded rod
gmanwho is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:34 PM #9
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
tag
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 08-22-2018, 04:36 PM #10
milo_xxx
Stress Tester/Plant Torturer

milo_xxx has a brilliant futuremilo_xxx has a brilliant futuremilo_xxx has a brilliant futuremilo_xxx has a brilliant futuremilo_xxx has a brilliant futuremilo_xxx has a brilliant futuremilo_xxx has a brilliant futuremilo_xxx has a brilliant futuremilo_xxx has a brilliant futuremilo_xxx has a brilliant futuremilo_xxx has a brilliant future
Pulling up a seat!!
milo_xxx is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.