What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds of Africa seedbank???

very amazing , thanks to tell me more about this seedbank i neeeeeed serious sativa lol i'm tired of my old brand and all those crappy hybride from the land of the cheese .

good vibes everyones

Tangwena

Veteran
Update on the Malawi gold from seeds of Africa. I have cut her at 16 weeks the main colas got realy big towards the end and surprisingly dense, The trics were cloudy and amber on the lower buds and all cloudy on the larger buds.The smell is lemony with oily pepper undertones the real thing for sure. Some buds I took at 14 weeks are now smokeable but I am going to dry them, then make cobs with the main harvest. Friends I have given tastes to are blown away by the speedy trippy high.
I think it will get a lot better once it has cured in the cobs for 4 to 6 months. I now have an Ace seeds malawi fem growing it cracked over night I couldn't believe it, now its growing realy green and strong
I cant wait for the Ace seeds variety as it is rated very highly on this site and I dont doubt it for a second. I will post pics of the dried buds and then cobs on my grow dairy. Tangwena

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Thanks for the report... some pics will be very welcome and comparing them to ACE's Malawi could be amazing too!

Peace.

lysop

hey,

do you have any new informations about Seeds of Africa.
Becaus i think we already dont know if there is a difference between the Strains they offer.

I germinate 7/7 Seeds of Africa -Zamal 6 days ago and im ready to report a little bit.
(the plants and the seeds didnt looked similar yet ) I also used 2 other strains of them to compare.

regards lysop

idiit

Veteran
i've popped the mozambique, transkei, malawi gold, zamal, durban poison. not gotten to the swazi gold yet.

all strains are definitely different.

the malawi gold plants were pretty uniform. i kept one selected male and one selected female. no hermies. female has sturdy branches and main stem. smoked test bud on a couple where seeds (pure malawi gold) were mature and it tasted like sweetish pineaple, funky smelling, powerful psychoactive high. i'm excited about this one and will use the male for several crosses.

the durban poisons have indica looking phenos and sativa looking phenos and some "tweeners". the sativas have beautiful puple/red stems, petioles with good resin stalks. still in veg. if this is the real deal durban sativa then this is going to be great news. the taste, trippy energetic very potent and black liquorice flavor will tell the tale if it is the real deal. they look like they are going to be frosty by the amount of resin glands on stalks and sparkle showing up on fan leaves.

way too early to tell and i judge by od performance but i'm very happy right now with how the malawi and durbans are looking.

the zamal seeds have a few small seeds and mostly larger seeds. i popped the smaller ones and have a few going for strain preservation run. early veg. some auto flowering after becoming rootbound in 1/2 gallon milk containers. the sole sativa zamal male turned hermie at the end of flowering.

the mozambiques were very spindly stem wise and i made a cull decision.

the sole transkei female i kept (loaded up with transkei male non hermie pollen) has decent resin, skunky bud apperance and sweet skunk perfume odor. no smoke as beans not mature yet. might be a keeper.

purple_man

Veteran
thx idiit!

sounds promissing, would be a blast if there were a new LEGIT distributor of african landraces...

blessss

lysop

hey,

many thanks for your question

i will report my zamal in a few weaks.

regards and thanks iddiit

lysop

Thanks for your message idiit

I have some questions: is Seedbotique already legit?

and my second question: when is it possible to upload picturs or could i send a link from a german website where i have uploaded my report?

PS: Zamal 7/7 Day 17 16/8 in 7 days from now i will initiate the flower

maybe you have some tips for me about the photoperiod (longer or shorter?)

idiit

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/modules/Find_Threads/index.php?stext=boutique

^ ic mag seedboutique threads. no problems i'm aware of.

the title search box is at top of page in green area box.

the advanced search function is also in the same green shaded area above the title search box available after you hit the search .

lots of threads here at ic mag. best collection of landrace growers of any forum i'm familiar with. review some zamal threads and read the landrace threads. really good informaton here.

when you post a message (quick reply box at bottom of page) there is an icon box at the top of your white message box. the three right hand icons allow you to quote, post images and links. if you have problems posting images there are threads on how to post images. if you post threads from another forum there are tutotials on how to rename links so ic mag moderators don't edit out references to other forums.

i go 17/7 veg. and 11.5/12.5 for landraces. lots of options. ferts are important (low ferts for lots of landraces, especially n). threads on this on landrace threads too. i lst (bend stems) and defoliate fan leaves during veg. some to constrict stretch.

we've got the best landrace crew here at ic imo which is why i hang out here. tons of info thru search function here at ic.

great to have you onboard lysop.

lysop

hey,

a small update

5 of 7 plants shows big leafs which get smaller the bigger the plants got and 2plants have thin leafs but one of them is crippled and the other one have very small leafs.
i think this Zamal genetic is not the pure one or its fake.. but we have to wait for the flower to say it definitely.
today is flower day 3
regards lysop

ps i m not sure how to post the link of the german community becaus im scarred i do something wrong ( my english sucks too)

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hey there guys,

I just found info about this new? seedbank called Seeds of Africa. They are offering an interesting selection of african classic strains at great prices too.

Never had any information until now and couldn't find even nice pictures or detailed info about the strains and seedbank. I was quite interested although the flowering times on the website about 50 to 85 days even for the Zamal seeds sound pretty suspicious though, so it doesn't look really legit....

View Image

Has anyone any information about the seedbank? This reminds me to that Holy Smokes/Malberry seeds... even though I've found some forum grow reports from the Mulanje and it looked like a real sativa landrace at least. It's a pity that nowadays it's so hard to purchase good and non hybridised lines. No space for exotic plants in this cannabis mainstream scene!

Thanks and good vibes for all the landrace lovers! :tiphat:
Is Seeds Of Africa in any way connected to the African Seeds Company? (Ethiopian Highland, Zambian Copper, Kariba Surprise, Transkei Green, Swazi Rooibard, Malawi Gold, Durban Poison, etc.)

If you read the ASC package, the lines they had planned but didn't apparently release were:

Mozambique Maconde
Madagascar Magic
Congo Fever DRC
Cameroon Coffee
Vasco da Gama Senegal

B

BlOoDShAnTi I

Does anyone know what happened to seeds of africa?their site doesnt work for few days now.

lysop

i dont know but i think my zamal that i grow at the moment is no pure strain grow like a sativa x white widow cross

bless Babylon

lysop

hey,

my 4 zamal from soa wich left seems like hybrids.
3 female 1 male.
Im realy like becaus the only real Sativa Phäno turned into a male.
My 2 good female Plants are definatly Sativa Indica Hybrids.
Between a fast and high growing Sativa with large thin leafs and a Indica with small broad leafs and slow veg.
The Sativa impression is dominant.

My 2 Pondo Mystic and 2 Caffee Gold grow like pure Sativa this 2 strains are different too.
Caffee Gold seem early flowering in comparison to Pondo Mystic.

I need more time to grow my Zamal male and female out and pollinate if possible to say more about this strains but someone who search a non hybrid strain from a pure source wont be happy with all seeds of this strain from SOA.
Maybe ^^ a SensiSeed shop was already opened on Reunio.
Who knows!!!

regards lysop

ahortator

Veteran
Is Seeds Of Africa in any way connected to the African Seeds Company? (Ethiopian Highland, Zambian Copper, Kariba Surprise, Transkei Green, Swazi Rooibard, Malawi Gold, Durban Poison, etc.)

If you read the ASC package, the lines they had planned but didn't apparently release were:

Mozambique Maconde
Madagascar Magic
Congo Fever DRC
Cameroon Coffee
Vasco da Gama Senegal

33823Kariba_surprise_semillas_007.jpg

I think it was in 2002 or 2003, I asked for the Congolese in a growshop. The owner told me he had sold some packs a few months before but that strain never arrived again.

He told me the seeds were big but not as peach pips :biggrin:

New Strains

Follow our adventures as our team travels into some of the remotest parts of Southern Africa to meet with traditional growers and tribal elders in search of new and exotic strains for our seed bank.

Upcoming Features
1. We journey down the Zambezi Valley to meet the Butoka people to learn about their centuries old art of cannabis growing.
2. To northern Zambia where cannabis grows freely amongst manioc and maize. Rumour has it that the buds are so ripe with resin, they are ready to pop.
3. To the DRC (Formally Zaire) – Africa’s heart of darkness. Here the plants are reputedly as big as banana plants with seeds like peach pips. Wracked by civil war the country may be down but the cannabis and people certainly aren’t.
4. To hilly Makondi country is northern Mozambique, where wood carving and ganja smoking are as old as civilisation its self.
5. We trek deep into the mountains kingdom of Lesotho following the ancient ganja trails. Getting stoned at 10000 ft gives a new meaning to getting high. Natural selection has played its role here – plants are short and stocky, buds juicy. Seeds used to hardship grow well with kindness.
6. Madagascar a cross road of Asia and Africa. Here we find evidence of the first African Indica varieties. We set out to find them and return with a precious seed stock

map2-high.jpg

Greetings.

lysop

hey,

realy sad all this pure landrace Seedbanks from one country like africanseeds are gone.

regards.

PS. i cant advice Zamal from SoA ... just a hybrid.
but Caffee Gold and Pondo Mystic seems real and different

regards

idiit

Veteran
first smoke report: durban seeds of africa

i ran 2 packs. i selected 4 durban females and one non hermie durban male.

the male had some indica looking influence, mostly sativa. best male i could find.

durban female #3 had frosty tight nugs. smelled good; slight anise seed/liquorice terpene undertones. potency was very good. high was an excellent up, clear, energetic euphoric type high. duration was good 3 hours.

i'm regenerating/revegging this pheno.i have 2 clones rooting. i will only use this dp #3 next year outdoors of the durbans.

this pheno ranks right now with my best of the best. it's a keeper.

second smoke report:

malawi gold seeds of africa:

one female, one male selected keeper out of two packs. the female is now my most prized potential breeder keeper. very potent. tastes like pineapple. smells strong stank. good gooiness/oils/sticky. tight bud formation. very potent. up, energetic and pretty psychoactive. good long duration to the high.

seeds of africa is probably unworked seeds from the area they claim. you need to run at leat two packs of the zamal ( i have 2 great phenos finisheng now, both the spicy zamal type zamal by smell), i only found 1 grail selected malawi gold female and one male mg.

according to many reports african cannabis genetics have been polluted with indica, skunk and autoflowering genetics. you need to run a bunch and select for the pure leaning phenos.

i'm looking for sativas that can be hybrided into grail landrace sativa for bud structure ( increased yield, ease of trimming) for commercial grows. personal smoke strains do not need great bud structure in my program. commercial strains do need good bud structure in my breeding program.

the durban and the malawi gold are both excellent potential candidates.

the selected durban #3 pheno and malawi gold female #1, might be exactly what i've been looking for. we'll see.

the two keeper zamals are frosty and stink great spicy terpenes. i'll harvest as soon as the seeds on them are ready. my one soa zamal male was slightly hermie. i used his pollen into my zamal leaning red haired zamalish out of zamaldelica and into one of my spicy non hermie zamal soa females for future work.

i harvest indoors when the pollen drops from the males and the seeds are ready on the females so i will not really know until these strains and hybrids are run outdoors (organic) in my area and after a good cure.

i've got a lot of indoor strain preservation, pollen freezing, hybrid breeding work to do in a very small space.