What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds of Africa seedbank???

idiit

Veteran
Any pics of the durban?

no. but now that i know #3's a keeper i can start a dp album.

honestly, it's kind of embarrassing to post my indoor pics. i only do it to prove that i really am running the stuff. the outdoor show is what i'm all about and the indoor is just for seeds, clones, pollen and very preliminary testing.

there is almost no info on seeds of africa strains and from what i'm seeing there are some real deal landraces to be selected.

idiit

Veteran
Very nice reports, what were the flowering times of the Durbans ?

the durban keeper was very sativa in appearance; lanky, thin narrow leaves (not extreme sativa, typical sativa). her performnce was typical landrace sativa except she had tight nugs.

i don't keep flowering times on indoor runs. i've learned that outdoor performance (in this case flowering time) can be influenced by many factors:

1) clone or seedling. mature clones usually faster than young seedlings put out at proper time.

2) if clone was it in flowering or indication mode before transplanting od?

3) if seedling was it flowering or indication mode before transplanting od.

4) date of transplanting od.

5) photoperiod indoors before transplanting od (24/0 id can lead to photo period shock when transplanted in june to od 14.5/9.5 photoperiod in very responsive strains, not true in slowly responding strains).

6) od grows often have foilage blocking early am and/or late pm lumens resulting in lower than realized true daytime photoperiod hours.

i just notice if it looks extremely fast or extremely slow in starting/finishing during the indoor runs. the durban looked like a middle of the road flowering time. the malawi gold looked a little on the fast side (great news for me). the spicy zamals look a little on the long flowering side. for landrace sativas.

lysop

hey,

i think the high female ratio is especially for African Sativa and i had a very high rate.

Finally after i killed some of the zamal and let the 4 Zamal/ 2 Caffe Gold/2 Pondo Mystic flowering, i have 1 Zamal Male and 7 females .
I cant tell anything about hermie becaus i pollinate for the first time indoor and i did the misstake to pollinate every new hair they build up after 1 Week for 4 Weeks now.
They stopped building new flowers and produce the few Seeds ^^ .
After I pollination in this early stage of flower all plants stop using nitrogen and the leafs became green.
The interesting thing is that the pure looking Caffe Gold in the same pot with 1 cropped Zamal have brighter leafs and the Zamal Seedling in the same flower period full pollinated have a dark blue green like the Cannabiogen Taskenti i have in the same room.

I think the 2 remaining females have the same dark green but i can say it in a few weeks.

So my Zamal looks like Sativa/Indica are not stable and the leaf colour looks like a heavy Indica.

idiit

Veteran
i only found 3 zamal sativas out of two packs. the male was slightly hermi and i used him to pollinate one zamal soa female (non hermie) and my euphoric red haired zamal pheno out of zamaldelica. seeds aren't ready yet. itching to smoke zamal spicys. :)

zamals from the island of reunion are reputed to be heavily polluted with other non zamal genetics and its hard for even the locals to score pure zamal sativas.

lysop

hey,

zamals from the island of reunion are reputed to be heavily polluted with other non zamal genetics and its hard for even the locals to score pure zamal sativas.[/QUOTE]

true, but I can recommend the Pondo Mystic and caffee gold.
every seeds in this pack was it worth to grow out this strains .
I m so amazed about the stability/diversity and the vigour of this strains that i will buy a few packages more.

Pondo Mystic:

thick stemps, and leafs but also sturdy growth.

And the big different to the zamal polyhybrid is the special green which all seeds carry.

Late flower but fast budding and more compact like the caffe gold

Caffee Gold:

Thine small leafs, very deep green colour, fluffy budding and more streching.

The Seeds of the Caffee Gold are as small as the World of SeedsColumbian Gold . If somebody have ever seen this small seeds.
The different, the Seeds are completely round.

I cant discribe the smell becaus indoor the african sativas smell als the same way ... not like in the nature.
But definetely liqueur and fresh tropical fruits.
The zamal smells stronger...and evrey plant different strong.

Both strains looks in the breeder package similar. Small dark striped seeds.

Have anybody experience like me with the strains.
Which are left now

mozambica?
Transkei?
Zimbabwe?
Becaus i decided to buy some more seeds for the diversity.

I have a question about your Durban Magic.

They are like my Zamal which i have descriped ?

PS: i have 2 caffe gold and 2 pondo .
I think less seeds to speak about the strains but the rate is great 4/4 female without hermie and they are different to every strains i have grown before.

:laughing:
regards lysop

idiit

Veteran
i sampled both keeper zamal females. i ran two very sativa looking females and one very sativa looking male (stretchy, narrow leaves). the two females were pretty similar in appearance, bud formation, flowering time. one was exceptional ( wow weed on my scale). the other was very good. up, clean, clear energetic, euphoric. one was intense (zamal #2).neither was as vigorous as my zamal leaning pheno out of zamaldelica. both were keepers but i'm going to work the zamal #2 because she was so good. i ran 2 entire packs. the zamal keeper male went slightly hermie on me but i made seeds with him anyway.

I have a question about your Durban Magic.

They are like my Zamal which i have descriped ?

the keeper durban female was very similar to the two zamals. my keeper durban female very sativa girl was very potent and had the same kind of high as the zamal except "colder", less of a warm euphoria but still very euphoric, potent, very very clean up high.

i'm posting on these very early in my growing experiences with them because so little is posted on seeds of africa strains.

i will put outdoors clones and some hybrids this year and try to keep a journal on them.

seeds of africa is impressing me to no end. running at least an entire pack or two was essential to finding my few keepers. well worth it imo. i'm so happy to have the malawi gold, durban, zamals.

idiit

idiit

Veteran
Very nice reports, what were the flowering times of the Durbans ?

didn't keep notes on flowering time. nothing was excessive ( too late for od) imo. typical sativa.

RC_Colas

Veteran
So...four pages in this thread and not a single photo...you guys are killin me;) Would somebody grab their phone and snap some pics to give us a show please:woohoo:

Saludos

RC_Colas

idiit

Veteran
there is a clone from my soa malawi gold finishing up in a larger pot that is seeded up on a couple branches. she is looking fat and pretty frosty for a landrace sativa done indoors for sampling and a few hybrid seeds. i'll post pics of her right before the chop.

i've got clones of my special durban (1 female, no stud durban extreme sativa males yet to breed with her), my special zamal and the malawi gold female from soa.

the malawi gold early tests rate her as my #1 breeder keeper ahead of about 20 other landraces (pure, hybrids). she is probably going to be my breeder 'cause she is real good at bud structure, frosty, tasty (sweet pineapple), stank, gooey, very up, energetic psychoactive and potent. looks to be heavy yielder pure and in hybrids and is reputed to be very hardy outdoors. she is also fairly fast for a pure landrace sativa. if she is what i think she is (very early results) then she is like my super grail breeder. i've got a very sativa zamal leaning pheno out of zamaldelica (zamalish/mg) mated with malawi gold stud male that is looking like exactly what i want my sativa hybrids to look like bud structure wise. i'll get pics up of this plant to show what mg can do bud structure and eye appeal wise. the pictures of zamalish and then zamalish/mg will speak for themselves. i'm going to run quite a few malawi gold and mg hybrids outdoors 2014. getting the last beans made before 2014 planting time arrives.

Last edited:

RC_Colas

Veteran
Dolce...Muchas Gracias idiit! BTW, now that you have completed your initial runs of the SOA strains...how did they stack up against the Ghana from CBG?

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

there is a clone from my soa malawi gold finishing up in a larger pot that is seeded up on a couple branches. she is looking fat and pretty frosty for a landrace sativa done indoors for sampling and a few hybrid seeds. i'll post pics of her right before the chop.

i've got clones of my special durban (1 female, no stud durban extreme sativa males yet to breed with her), my special zamal and the malawi gold female from soa.

the malawi gold early tests rate her as my #1 breeder keeper ahead of about 20 other landraces (pure, hybrids). she is probably going to be my breeder 'cause she is real good at bud structure, frosty, tasty (sweet pineapple), stank, gooey, very up, energetic psychoactive and potent. looks to be heavy yielder pure and in hybrids and is reputed to be very hardy outdoors. she is also fairly fast for a pure landrace sativa. if she is what i think she is (very early results) then she is like my super grail breeder. i've got a very sativa zamal leaning pheno out of zamaldelica (zamalish/mg) mated with malawi gold stud male that is looking like exactly what i want my sativa hybrids to look like bud structure wise. i'll get pics up of this plant to show what mg can do bud structure and eye appeal wise. the pictures of zamalish and then zamalish/mg will speak for themselves. i'm going to run quite a few malawi gold and mg hybrids outdoors 2014. getting the last beans made before 2014 planting time arrives.

idiit

Veteran
Dolce...Muchas Gracias idiit! BTW, now that you have completed your initial runs of the SOA strains...how did they stack up against the Ghana from CBG?

i gots to take my time answering this. i ran several ghanas indoors for seed stock propagation and early testing as i do with all the strains. my indoor ghanas smoked pretty good. the fan leaves off the mum of my future ghana seed stock smoked very impressively. i ran 2 females (cbg stock) outdoors as my indoor ghana homemade stock was not ready. i bought the ghana as soon as it was released but i did not get the seeds till early summer.

of the outdoor ghanan females, one died. i lost a few other plants in this very fertile area. it was kinda wet all year and i suspect poor drainage/root rot. the surviving ghana finished early november and produced very beautiful fox tail buds. she smoked mediocre, actually no better than the ghana keeper mum fan leaves. i got a "gary coleman". i'm looking for "shaq's" smoke wise.

on the soa strains, i only got 1 keeper female out of two packs of durban, malawi gold and zamal. those keepers are now in my "best of the best" tier pecking order.

the moral of the story? you gots to select out of several phenos in a lot of seed strains, be it indoor, outdoor etc.

i'm going to run ghana again using seeds off my keeper mum. i have no doubt that kaiki's ghana has some awesome phenos in ghana stock. i need to find some keepers and do some in line breeding just like i'm doing with all of my landraces.

edited to add 3/6/2015: after 5 month cure the ghana smoked up real nice;just like flying lions report. some landraces benefit greatly from long cure. some don't seem to need long cure.

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

^^ couple shots of zamalish/mg 50/50 pheno (zamalish extreme sativa crossed with mg soa pollen). this plant outdoors should have real nice colas when fully mature.

one of the reasons i like mg so much is the bud structure potential crossed into my extreme sativas.

Last edited:
Nice plants! Thanks for posting these. I have a pack of the Zamal and Transkei from SOA, I can't wait to crack them. I'm currently running a couple MG x WW that are smelling of pineapple, pine, and skunk :)

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

^^ couple shots a few days later of zamalish/mg soa to show soa mg capacity to add bud structure to extreme sativas.

lysop

hey,

im sorry i cant say much about the smoke i had only the small poistilis from the seeds.. you know ... no budy.

I have some pictures of the pondo mystic

(on the right side)
1abh.jpg

in the front is a bounded zamal

My Zamal beauti... with bubblehum smell and red leafe branches
bpwa.jpg

Pondo Mystic again /2 plants one is very small thiner leafs
92qy.jpg

regards lysop

Thcvhunter

Veteran
thank you idiit. Great reviews.

Did you find that Durban and MG left you clean after the high or did either have some mental couchlock afterwards?
Sorry, I keep posting questions - Im trying to do as much research I can before taking the plunge to pick up a pack of African seeds