What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

harvestreaper

Veteran
I feel that this one of mine is a bit behind the previous year (I planted it at the end of June), having planted it so late (almost in August), on 20th July...

31-October-2020.

Zamalmistyc [ (Zamal Mafate 80's) x (Original Misty x Jack Herer/Afghan)] F5; Tropical Seeds Company & U.S.C; born 20-July:

Flowers:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

yes looks more like mine lol how long can you take them to in your season?

Montuno

...como el Son...
yes looks more like mine lol how long can you take them to in your season?

The latest I've harvested has never been the first fortnight of December, because in my inland area (northern slope of Sierra Morena, 800 meters altitude, 38-39° North), it's cold at night and the night minimums can drop on the coldest days of the winter from 0°C.
This photo is of a small isolated bud from a Psilocybo's Malawi Bangui on December 7th that was freezing at night: you can see the ice on the resin, in the morning:

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Thanks man! :)

I just looked through some pictures of the Oaxaca'79SKULL male i've used for the double Oaxaca'79 cross.

(all the same male, just topped)
View Image

I think it's good visible from which side my double Oaxaca'79 girl got her Jack and the beanstalk stature. The CBG Oaxaca'79S1 had a pretty different look. But smell is full on the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 side, you know that smell from Mextiza. :D

View Image

I love that smell. I am sieving some resin from thh x oaxacan79/mextiza and I am full aware of that mouthwatering smell right now :D

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

31-October /1-November.

Yesterday and today, 27°C maximum in the shade, and 10°C minimum at night; air humidity between 40 and 55?. But rain and lower daytime temperatures are expected for next Wednesday 4-November...

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company ; born 18-June):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Aroma: mixture of sweet carrot / tangerine, with apple / melon / kiwi (?)...

harvestreaper

Veteran
The latest I've harvested has never been the first fortnight of December, because in my inland area (northern slope of Sierra Morena, 800 meters altitude, 38-39° North), it's cold at night and the night minimums can drop on the coldest days of the winter from 0°C.
This photo is of a small isolated bud from a Psilocybo's Malawi Bangui on December 7th that was freezing at night: you can see the ice on the resin, in the morning:

View Image

thats a pretty good season i see your area looks real nice for the task and other things ,,,latest ive taken things here is mid november nana bouclu hybrid ,,koumani and nanda devii and mazar fell in that time range i have some pics of ice covered buds somewere to that smoked fine for me when thawed ,for me growing sativas outside here is more experiment,,, but i rely on faster types ,been enjoying your congo pics :tiphat:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

In fact, harvestreaper, of the whole strip of the Iberian Peninsula at my own latitude (38-39°N), my area is the coldest and the worst to cultivate. Only a few kilometres to the south, on the southern slopes of my mountain range, they have a winter temperature between 2 and 4°C (both maximum and minimum) higher than me...

31-Octubre / 1-Noviembre.

King Congo 1° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born during the first week of May.

The plant part of the stem source (which is bent about 45° towards the ground, and is almost 3 metres long):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
Well, harvestreaper, actually, the branches open up and take that position on their own. The truth is that I work very little with the plants, beyond bending them to my taste in the summer, and then securing with ropes, if necessary, the heavier branches which could beat the wind in autumn and winter. That, and watering.

King Congo 1° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born during the first week of May.

The tip part of the plant:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company). Born during the first week of May.

Lateral branches on the right side of the plant part of the stem source:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Zamaldelica x Jarilla de Sinaloa, slowly going on. Huge pistils like the Zam mother. Smell is fruity (melon, pineapple), spicy, a bit of eucalyptus.
Both parents being more tropical expressions of these strains, the children (my plant and 3 other grown by friends) are all slower flowering than the Zam mother. The high of the early samples is super clear, uplifting, quite emotional, on the edge of becoming edgy. Both the high and the taste remind me of (early-picked) Haze.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
After the photos of montuno and yoss33, it becomes difficult for me to share good images ....
I'll try :
Rainbow Bridge
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Afghani x pan-o-haze
picture.php

meizzwang

Great pics guys, keep them coming! Really enjoying this thread.

Here's some more pics to add to the collection. Girlscout cookies x Durban, check out that zigzagging structure:
50560877148_ed07819d81_c.jpg

closer shot:
50561756607_463b1be49a_c.jpg

and now this peculiar cross: malana x Nanda devi. The nanda devi male used in this cross was a gigantic, vigorous tree with very long internodes, but as far as expression in the F1 is concerned, I don't see, smell, or detect ANY nanda devi in any of the seedlings! They smell, grow, and look exactly like malana, and given I culled all the malana males prior to flowering, the ID is 100% certain. This cross was done mostly out of curiosity, we'll see if the smoke is any good:
50561591471_a8d8930cab_c.jpg

50561723217_36940ece77_c.jpg

bigherb

Veteran
Montuno

Amazing pictures

What a beauty and monster at the same time . I love it

Aside from your obvious Green thumb , You must have some great weather for the plants to flourish like that

Much respect

1luvbigherb

Montuno

...como el Son...
Hola, bigherb !

Well, my climate is not so good either.
I live at the same latitude in America as Washington, but more than two hundred miles from the coast and over half a mile high, on the northern slope of a mountain range and on the northern side of a hill that takes several hours of direct sunshine away from me... In winter I have night frosts and it can even snow a little bit some day (although this only happens every 5 or even more years ...)

Salud!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Grover Sativa

Zamaldelica x Jarilla de Sinaloa, slowly going on. Huge pistils like the Zam mother. Smell is fruity (melon, pineapple), spicy, a bit of eucalyptus.
Both parents being more tropical expressions of these strains, the children (my plant and 3 other grown by friends) are all slower flowering than the Zam mother. The high of the early samples is super clear, uplifting, quite emotional, on the edge of becoming edgy. Both the high and the taste remind me of (early-picked) Haze.
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

The size of that sativa....! Damn! -That is a good show

Montuno

...como el Son...
The size of that sativa....! Damn! -That is a good show

...It is for the water of the Danube river basin, he, he...
...And I have seen pictures of even more spectacular plants at yoss33, he, he... If you like the good and big sativas outdoors, you will enjoy their crops...

I take this opportunity to remember and greet my mexican friend sinaloa, who is the grower who selected and sent to Spain the Jarilla de Sinaloa aka Cola de borrego de Sinaloa:
Un gran saludo, mi primo, desde Sierra Morena para toda la Sierra de Sinaloa.
Enjoy with sinaloa :...:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=234701

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
2nd run CBG Oaxaca'79S1 at Day 57 12/12.....i'll let them go for around 75 Day.....fucked them a bit up, but still some nice big Colas.... :D

CBG Oaxaca'79S1

picture.php
picture.php

The big Double Oaxaca'79 girl..... (can't do much about the clawing, started to happen when she decided to grow over the Reflector.^^)
picture.php
picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

Secondaries branches.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts