What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC 36 Hempy 160w cfl bud shots

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Thanks Sackoweed!

jed; I have used various mediums before transplanting into the troughs, rapid rooters into 70:30 coco/coarse verm, current grow was 50:50 perlite/coarse verm. Both times, once transplanted into the troughs I fill them 100% perlite.

As far as roots competing, might be a concern if they were close to being rootbound when finishing. After inspecting the root ball after each grow, they are not even close to being rootbound. Maybe if they were vegged for a few more weeks in the troughs they might get rootbound by the end of flowering.

10jed

Yeah, well its working for you Sam, so obviously no issues! I have a shit ton of organic to go through first, but this will probably be the next version. Thanks for the info and keep it green.

Jed

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Here is a pic of the ladies through an opening in the lid

They were showing slight signs of calcium deficiency, so yesterday I gave them a cal/mag folair feeding and added some in with the nutes.

Other than that, they are looking very happy.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Here we are, 20 days into flower and they are really putting on the frost. I gave them a trim on the top 2/3rd's of the plants removing most of the large fan leaves.

I can't get this camera to take good close up photos, you get the idea though.

It seems the 2 plants in individual containers are bushier with more main tops than the 2 plants in the trough together. It will be interesting to see how the final weights compare.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
A little update on the ladies, they are filling in nicely and putting on the frost

I trimmed some more of the lower fan leaves and raised the plants up within 4" (10cm) of the bulbs.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking nice and healthy there sam, great work bro keep it up.
Peace.

B

banjobrain

Hey 10jed;

Don't know if it was my idea or not, I had seen other people use soil beds with good results so I thought why not make a hempy perlite bed? Its much easier to carry around than individual containers and gives each plant more room to spread its roots.

The dimensions are roughly 5" deep, 13" long and 7" wide. I placed the hole on the 7" side about 3/4" from the bottom.

Sam - I'm a true noobie and I am having difficulty which resulted in my starting of the thread Best NGB style low-maintenance grow for frequent travelers???.

I love your idea and it looks like it would be best for taking clones to harvest...what about starting from seed?

I'm all ears for any ideas.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

B

banjobrain

Thanks, Sam! I appreciate your reply!

Your babies look great and look forward to the end result! Excellent work!

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Update;

It looks like I have some kind of deficiency on the two individually potted plants on the right, the one in the back worse than the one in front of it. The leaves pull off very easily that show the deficiency. Some leaves looked like phosphorous deficiency, some N deficiency, some mag deficiency a little cal deficiency.

I got some botanicare cal-mag and have been using it at 5ml/gal, but it looks like I need up that dose. My ph, I try to have around 5.8, I use the droppers and shoot for yellow with a slight orange tint. Since I have been using cal-mag, my ph down (GH) has become much more effective, so the first 2 times I used cal-mag I had to ph up to 5.8. I'm thinking that might have more to do with the deficiencies than nutes not being there.

The next and last feeding, I'll flush first and then feed the last time before the two week flush.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
your gurls are looking good... even with the def in the one... great work.. It would be cool if you did a puff report when all said and done... peace.

sackO

yosun

hi sam,love your grow,thinking of starting a hemby bucket to get my hydro feet wet,i'm curious what you use to test your ph,and what your water situation is(i.e. tap,bottled,ro,rain?)

Latest posts

Latest posts