Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > (Non cannabis)Seed for testing gear and ideas

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
(Non cannabis)Seed for testing gear and ideas Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2018, 05:17 PM #1
Superauto

Superauto will become famous soon enoughSuperauto will become famous soon enough
(Non cannabis)Seed for testing gear and ideas

I have a ton of ideas for side by side grow to figure out the best way to grow with my soil, nutrients and equipment.

But starting to use expensive cannabis seeds in a large scale will be risky business.
Don't wanna get caught with hundreds of cannabis plants just in the name of science

So before I start side by side with the real thing I want to do some "replica/dummy" test with seeds from a plant growing similar to a cannabis plant.

Anyone having an idea what seeds to use?
Need to be cheap and easy to get, and of course not to hard to grow, just like our beloved cannabis
Superauto is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2018, 05:39 PM #2
WHIPEDMEAT
Modortalan

WHIPEDMEAT has disabled reputation
tomato, paprika maybe will satisfy
WHIPEDMEAT is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2018, 07:05 PM #3
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
As far as quality goes, you should practice with another hyper/dynamic accumulator plant like Indian Mustard plants. Most plants only use the "passive ionic uptake" method for nutrients and are difficult to overfeed without you noticing it happening.

Cannabis absorbs quality killing levels of needed and un-needed elements from the root zone, using additional pathways of uptake. It does this will still looking great, which is a feature of hyper/dynamic accumulator plants good at phytoremediation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoremediation

(edit: This won't help you with how to handle the growth structure of cannabis. You'll definitely get a great idea about sprouting and growing plants at scale.)
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2018, 07:30 PM #4
scrogrow

scrogrow is just really nicescrogrow is just really nicescrogrow is just really nicescrogrow is just really nicescrogrow is just really nicescrogrow is just really nicescrogrow is just really nicescrogrow is just really nicescrogrow is just really nicescrogrow is just really nicescrogrow is just really nice
Rare orchids?
Cactus?
Tomato?
Cheap seed? (I know, I know but at least ya get a little smokey for ya troubles mukka?)
scrogrow is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2018, 10:45 PM #5
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
If you can keep some tomato plants happy, cannabis will be easy then.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:58 PM #6
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Industrial hemp is probably the closest thing you could grow that would be legal.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2018, 11:50 PM #7
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
how about growing a dwarf hop variety,, it's the closest relative I can think of, but if you want to test how well you can keep certain parameters in check throughout growth then growing anything will kind of test that.

https://2xuwao2gok1v2wn2em9n5ys8-wpe...de-9.27.16.pdf

Last edited by Lost in a SOG; 08-24-2018 at 12:00 AM..
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2018, 08:48 PM #8
Superauto

Superauto will become famous soon enoughSuperauto will become famous soon enough
Just figured out another one Breadseed/opium poppies!
You get about a trillion seeds for a couple of bucks.
And they can be useful as well
Superauto is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2018, 09:52 PM #9
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
You talk about not wanting to be caught with cannabis on this scale then you mention opium poppies. Are they legal if not scared to get resin? Or why is that better option than cannabis?

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:40 PM #10
DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of light
Poppies also are very different to cannabis in terms of both needs and structure. They certainly have similarities in ecological and societal niches but they're very different in practicality

2 members found this post helpful.